It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. George Santos voluntarily steps down from House committee assignments

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Unless he is guilty of an actual crime, too bad, he was elected and they can try to recall him.

However, if people want to hang this guy out to dry (and I could care less) they need to look at themselves. I think Nancy making stock trades for millions is more important than a lying, confused millennial who seems to have done what all politicians do.

Lie, smile and get elected.

Now, he LOST in 2020 and no one said anything. After his loss he started a PAC, raised money, and the GOP knew about these discretion's.

He is just being a politician. If he was a democrat he would be a hero right now.

again, if he committed fraud lock his ass up. He can be the entertainment on Taco Tuesdays in jail.

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002023-01-31T18:40:52-06:000652 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Or we can point out what’s wrong with all politicians on an individual basis… not just those from a specific party.

In my post earlier I noted some of the things are still speculative, but that doesn’t mean I have no interest in finding the answers.

Yes, Nancy and her husband doing blatant insider trading is disgusting. I hope congress someday gets the balls to ban it.

But if Santos has been caught with this amount of lies in his short time there, it means he could be hiding more, and he’s capable of doing some real messed up stuff when he’s voting.

I’m not seething, because as you pointed out I don’t think this is the only problem in politics. But the “nothing to see here” on this website is pure bias. Everyone would be speaking in a way different tone if he was a democrat. I’ve been here long enough to know that.

I’ll continue to have interest in this and other topics. We’re all capable of following multiple things.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Good for him.

Now somebody needs to get the other side of their glass house in order.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I was using Nancy as an easy target. My point was I could care less. The media is spending more time trying to tie him the Trump in multiple articles instead of looking at who he is.

I looked into him and he was WELL funded after a loss in 2020. A lot of GOP names tied to him. The seat opened up when the incumbent ran for Governor. He had a pretty big PAC created.

He could dress as Liza and belt out show tunes on the floor for all i care but, he is a bought and paid for establishment candidate. Not fringe in the least bit.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Catch me if you can - well they did and I am sure the people who voted him into office want him out. Nobody likes being made to look foolish.

Similar buyer's remorse is being felt by the majority of Biden voters.

But at least Santos had the integrity to admit his mistakes and take actions to atone for them.

No such display of integrity coming from Biden, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
joey baby!, 2 million miles on amtrak in 36 years!

santos, yeah he sounds like he''s punking the dems.

lying outrageously like they do.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital
joey baby!, 2 million miles on amtrak in 36 years!

santos, yeah he sounds like he''s punking the dems.

lying outrageously like they do.

Far worse is Maxine Waters milking donors for millions of dollars in order to keep her family wealthy.

The old bat paid her daughter $1.2 million for sending out bulk campaign mailers.

New Campaign Finance Reveal: www.foxnews.com...

We need a thread on the WATERS CRIME FAMILY.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes care...you need to start a thread on that!

What a crock of crap...how can that be justified? It simply can't...the corruption has no bounds!

That was incredible to read...how sleazy! Expose the corruption!

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
"Temporary" will soon be permanent. I feel a special election coming on at some point.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

I think you need to start it. We need some FRESH thread starters!

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 02:09 AM
link   

You should.

And she needs to be out a year ago. She’s been mentally gone for some time and her lasting reign looks more like relics of monarchy than healthy democracy.

We need mentally present, competent, and incorruptible leaders. Sadly we don’t have to look far in every corner and party to find representatives who are none of the above.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Except some of his biggest donors seemingly don't exist. And then there's the $700,000 he personally loaned his campaign despite having a history of not being able to pay his rent. Where did that money come from?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

He didn't admit his mistakes. He continued to lie about them until the media dug up physical proof that he was lying.

"I meant that I was Jew-ish." Seriously?

By the way, 72% of his district (including 71% of Republicans) want him to resign.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

By the way, 72% of his district (including 71% of Republicans) want him to resign.

Setting aside the fact he’s radioactive, and him leaving ASAP is also political self preservation…

You couldn’t keep a store manager job at a fast food restaurant if they found out your whole resume was a lie. So why should someone be able to have voting power in one of the most impactful arms of the government if they did.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Because McCarthy needs his vote. If Santos steps down, that district is definitely flipping Blue and McCarthy gets one vote closer to being removed with a No Confidence vote.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That's because George Santos is actually, PRESIDENT George Santos and he doesn't need to be on any committees!

HA!

**owned**

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
After being accused of sexual harassment by a staffer over the weekend, McCarthy confirmed today that Santos is under investigation by the House Ethics Committee. A report was also filed with Capitol Police by the accuser.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Which is why they are making this such a big deal. Then, suddenly, there is a sexual harassment investigation....
from someone who was a 'prospective' staffer. So this guy just groin grabs people? Maybe he should call Don Lemon.

This guy might be a whacko for sure but he is a well backed whacko. I compare him to Omar and her marrying her brother and giving millions in campaign finance to him. There are quite a few whack jobs in Congress.

Even if this guy was a Democrat I could care less. He was elected. Get over it.

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But the people that elected him don't want him anymore now that all of this new information has come out. Shouldn't they get a say in whether or not he's allowed to continue representing them?

posted on Feb, 7 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

What people? Who cares. They voted.

If that is the case we should remove Biden because a lot of those voters do not want him anymore either. Do you realize how you sound. No. They voted. It is over. Elections have consequences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join