It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Balloon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm watching a series called Red Balloon on Rakuten Viki (Asian shows)

This series is sooo good and different. It's a tangled web of three families. There is so much infidelity going on.
The show goes through the motions and justifies the cheating by building up to the reasons why.
The guy didn't love his wife, it was an arranged marriage. The lady loved the guy before her best friend, and her best friend
isn't a good wife or mother. You get the drill. I was getting a little concerned because it really seemed like it was
promoting this lifestyle. I mean it really had you feeling for it, especially with the man. He finally found love, he lived a hard life, yada yada.
They really create this momentum.

Then, there is a scene. One of the most gripping scenes i've ever watched. The wife of the man confronts him and his lover.
You can see the pain stabs her through the heart. She runs out and gets into a taxi. The taxi drive sees her. He knows, they lock eyes. He turns on a sad song.
Then the two of them start bawling their hearts out.... because he too was cheated on and he feels her pain, and his pain. Just like that the
switch is flipped and you now forget every empathising moment you felt for the husband... The writing and acting is top notch!

If you like drama and want something new to watch, head on over to Kdrama world!

edit on 31-1-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Yup they are trying to normalize cheating. Love lost it's true meaning sad to say

new topics

join