It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm done.
It stopped being fun long ago.
I want no more war, no more police vs the citizens, no more decisions in my name if I didn't participate in their forming, no more ideological dog & pony show.
I want to be treated like a full adult human being who can make her own decisions, I want to be informed on the thought process and intention behind the choices I am presented with, I want transparency, I want a real democracy where we can regionally come together as community and determine what is best for our home, I want honest discussions about the challenges we face and the best route for our future.

Shove this 4-year-promking style of government up your ...where the sun doesn't shine.
It ain't working.
I do not consent. Not to the status quo and not to the presented possible paths in to the future.
I want justice, integrity and respect. I want to be able to trust the information I am given is indeed that of the author who is an actual person bound by these 3 moral barriers.
The only people who'd be the logical targets of invasive manipulation and surveillance should be the top of the pyramid. There's big public interest in that. We the ordinary Joes & Janes are really not that dangerous. Our survival depends on insane sociopaths.
I think all of their thoughts are of public interest.

In the spirit of the above

#AlienHackers #ExpectDataDump

Rant Over

edit on 31-1-2023 by Peeple because: mix it up

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I had never heard of Clutch's Electric Worry and was listening to the blues riff and reading your post. Hell Peeple you wrote another verse or two.

Vamanos! Vamanos!

I get the sentiment, hell in my lifetime never seen war pushed so hard instead of diplomacy, especially by our media, and yea it's thrown on top of all the other crap. It feels like our economy is tittering on falling off a cliff. We got a lot of shift going on right now.

It certainly would make this easier if we knew we had competent and or uncompromised leaders. In the past we atleast had the illusion regardless of their party they were atleast semi-competent. Just not feeling it with the current administration.

genius.com...

As Neil Fallon describes on pro-rock.com :
“This song is one part cover song, one part original. Half of each verse is taken from Mississippi Fred McDowell’s “Fred’s Worried Life Blues.” The rest is our own concoction. When we wrote the upbeat part of the song, I couldn’t hear the typical blues sentiment. Instead, it kind of became a motivational speaker slapping himself out of a stupor. The chorus “Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Vamanos! Vamanos!” has nothing to do with guns. It got its start long ago when Tim, and I can’t recall why, said, “Vamanos! Bang! Bang!” Add a bit of John Lee Hooker and there you go. The ripping harp solo is none other that Five Horse Johnson”s Eric Oblander.”

On a July 2013 Episode of That Metal Show Neil describes how Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead told him that this song was Clutch’s “Ace of Spades”.

but in uncertain times, slow down and let the opposing side freak out, the first side that loses thier proverbial shift loses. Its certainly seems like they are about to do just that.

edit on 31-1-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

These old rockers know the solution to your problems, but I think it's not a good one

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

turn off the TV, don't read the news, bury your head in the ATS sand and the only thing you'll have to worry about, is the end times as envisioned by Christians... If you can get past that, the world here is all good

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Are you frightened of what's coming? You should be, because that is what they want all along and they are using deep, deep psychological means to get you , and everyone, into that state. And it's working like a dream. Fear and division IS their means of subjugating the population.

Fear illegal immigrants, fear lawlessness, fear the police state, fear your own government fear war, fear global warming, fear alien invasion, fear, fear, fear. Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
PS. a bit of news for you, YOU CAN'T DROP OUT OR ESCAPE IT. All these people who think they can drop off the grid and survive, there wont be any place on Earth that you can hide.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
PS. a bit of news for you, YOU CAN'T DROP OUT OR ESCAPE IT. All these people who think they can drop off the grid and survive, there wont be any place on Earth that you can hide.

Fear you say? 😱

I'm starting to see that fear only works if you allow it to.

Stay aware of what's coming and prepare as best you can.

Don't live in fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Where are the conscientious objectors? The first time I heard the phrase, at 17, I knew what I wanted to be.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Exactly why you shouldn't be. Life will go on, as it has, for millennia. Tend to family, save money, be prepared, we're going to have to cooperate...it's happened before, fear shortens life expectancy, like the jab, poisoned food and on, and on, and on.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
We all want something or other. Fantacy island. Doesnt matter what we want. Sounds like you want to be an activist for some cause or another. How about saving the platypus? I hear that they are going extinct!! a reply to: Peeple

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfeline

Duck Bills on mammals is certainly something worth saving.

It's a mystery to me how a mammal evolved/was created that way.

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GopiGrl
Where are the conscientious objectors? The first time I heard the phrase, at 17, I knew what I wanted to be.

“We still know very little about the fate of World War II conscientious objectors; until now only the following is known: Among Lutherans, Hermann Stöhr and Martin Gauger uncompromisingly refused military service . . . Seven names of Catholics can be mentioned . . . German Mennonites, traditionally pacifistic, did not choose to ‘exercise the principle of nondefense’ during the Third Reich, based on a decision made by a meeting of elders and ministers on January 10, 1938. Two Quakers in Germany are known to have refused military service. . . . Seven members of the Seventh-Day Adventists can be named who refused to swear the oath of allegiance . . . and were put to death. Jehovah’s Witnesses (Bible Students) mourned the largest number of victims. In 1939 there were about 20,000 persons in the ‘Greater German Reich’ belonging to this . . . religious organization. It is estimated that in Germany alone some 6,000 to 7,000 of Jehovah’s Witnesses refused to do military service during World War II. The Gestapo and the SS therefore gave this group special attention.”​—Sterben für den Frieden (Dying for Peace), by Eberhard Röhm, published in 1985.

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare* [“We do not wage warfare.” Lit., “we are not doing military service.” ...; Lat., non . . . mi·li·ta'mus.] according to what we are in the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things. For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God;” (2 Cor 10:3-5)

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [121-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.” (The Rise of Christianity, by E. W. Barnes, 1947, p. 333) “It will be seen presently that the evidence for the existence of a single Christian soldier between 60 and about 165 A.D. is exceedingly slight; . . . up to the reign of Marcus Aurelius at least, no Christian would become a soldier after his baptism.” (The Early Church and the World, by C. J. Cadoux, 1955, pp. 275, 276) “In the second century, Christianity . . . had affirmed the incompatibility of military service with Christianity.” (A Short History of Rome, by G. Ferrero and C. Barbagallo, 1919, p. 382) “The behavior of the Christians was very different from that of the Romans. . . . Since Christ had preached peace, they refused to become soldiers.” (Our World Through the Ages, by N. Platt and M. J. Drummond, 1961, p. 125) “The first Christians thought it was wrong to fight, and would not serve in the army even when the Empire needed soldiers.” (The New World’s Foundations in the Old, by R. and W. M. West, 1929, p. 131) “The Christians . . . shrank from public office and military service.” (Editorial introduction to “Persecution of the Christians in Gaul, A.D. 177,” in The Great Events by Famous Historians, edited by R. Johnson, 1905, Vol. III, p. 246) “While they [the Christians] inculcated the maxims of passive obedience, they refused to take any active part in the civil administration or the military defence of the empire. . . . It was impossible that the Christians, without renouncing a more sacred duty, could assume the character of soldiers, of magistrates, or of princes.”—The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon, Vol. I, p. 416.

Regarding Christian neutrality, the New Catholic Encyclopedia asserts: “Conscientious objection is morally indefensible.” An article in the Reformierte Presse states that a report by African Rights, a human rights organization, on the 1994 Rwandan genocide established the participation of all churches, “with the exception of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

Discussing the Nazi Holocaust, a high-school teacher lamented that “no group or organization of regular citizens spoke out against the mass of lies, cruelty, and eventual atrocities.” After consulting with the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, he wrote: “I now had my answer.” He learned that Jehovah’s Witnesses stood firm in their beliefs in spite of the harsh treatment they received.

One Hundred Years of Learning War No More (Greece, DECEMBER 22, 2022)

The year 2022 marks two important anniversaries for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Greece: 100 years since the first documented instances of conscientious objection, and 25 years since the institution of alternative civilian service.

Brothers Abatzis and Rebebos were just the first of many Greek brothers who remained neutral despite intense pressure to take up arms. During World War II and the Greek Civil War of 1946-1949, our brothers continued to take a bold stand against joining either the military or guerrilla forces—to the point of some being executed. ...

Imprisonment continued for those who conscientiously declined military service. In all, 3,788 brothers served a prison sentence for their neutral stand. Finally, in 1997, Greece passed a law allowing alternative civilian service. Currently, some 100 of our brothers in Greece have accepted alternative civilian service.

Sometimes, or in some countries, conscientious objection isn't as easy as it now is in some countries. It takes quite some courage to be willing to endure imprisonment (and sometimes torture, or particularly harsh treatment by sadistic prison guards trying to break you*), and a good understanding of the resurrection hope to be willing to give your life for your beliefs and Christian principles.

*: see next comment's example(s).
edit on 3-2-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
Sometimes, or in some countries, conscientious objection isn't as easy as it now is in some countries. It takes quite some courage to be willing to endure imprisonment (and sometimes torture, or particularly harsh treatment by sadistic prison guards trying to break you), and a good understanding of the resurrection hope to be willing to give your life for your beliefs and Christian principles.

Take for example South Africa:

A TEST OF NEUTRALITY

South Africa left the British Commonwealth and became a republic in May 1961. This was a time of political turmoil and increasing violence in the country. In efforts to contain the situation, the ruling government stoked the spirit of nationalism, and this caused difficulties for Jehovah’s Witnesses in the years that followed.

For many years Jehovah’s Witnesses had not been required to perform military service. This changed in the late 1960’s when the country became increasingly involved in military operations in Namibia and Angola. New legislation required that every young, white, medically fit male perform military service. Brothers who refused were sentenced to a military detention barracks for 90 days.

Mike Marx was with a group of detained brothers who were ordered to put on army overalls and helmets. He recalls: “Because we did not want to be identified as part of the military, we refused. The commanding officer, a captain, then imposed on us the loss of privileges, solitary confinement, and a spare diet.” This meant that the brothers could not write or receive letters, have visitors, or possess any reading matter except the Bible. Spare diet​—ostensibly for incorrigible prisoners—​consisted of water and half a loaf of bread per day for two days followed by normal army rations for seven days before the next two days of bread and water. Even the so-called normal diet frequently left much to be desired in quality and quantity.

Every effort was made to break the integrity of the brothers. Each one was locked up in a small cell. At one stage, showers were not permitted. Instead, each brother was given one bucket for a toilet and another one to wash in. In time, shower privileges were restored.

“One day,” recalls Keith Wiggill, “after we had a cold shower in the middle of winter, the guards took away our mattresses and blankets. They did not allow us to wear our civilian clothes, so we wore only a pair of shorts and an undershirt. We slept on a damp towel on the ice-cold concrete floor. In the morning the sergeant major was amazed at how happy and well we were. He acknowledged that our God had looked after us during that icy winter night.”

Shortly before they completed the 90-day sentence, the brothers would be taken to court again because they would not put on the uniform or train with the other military prisoners. Then it was back to detention. The authorities made it clear that they intended to resentence the brothers until they reached the age of 65, when they would no longer be eligible for military service.

CHRISTENDOM AND NEUTRALITY

How did the churches of Christendom respond to the issue of compulsory military service? The South African Council of Churches (SACC) passed a resolution on conscientious objection in July 1974. Rather than sticking to the religious issue, however, the statement had distinct political overtones. It supported conscientious objection on the grounds that the military was defending an “unjust and discriminatory society” and was thus waging an unjust war. The Afrikaans churches, as well as other church groups, were not in favor of the SACC resolution.

The Dutch Reformed Church supported the government in its military pursuits. It rejected the SACC resolution as a violation of Romans chapter 13. Another group that opposed the SACC stand was that of the religious chaplains serving in the South African Defense Force, which included clergymen from churches that were SACC members. In a joint statement, the chaplains of the English-language churches condemned the resolution and declared: “We . . . urge every member of our churches and especially the young men to make their personal contribution in the defence of the country.”

Furthermore, the individual member churches of the SACC did not take a clear position on neutrality. The book War and Conscience in South Africa admits: “Most . . . failed to clarify their positions to their membership, let alone challenge their members to be conscientious objectors.” The book shows that the government’s strong reaction to the SACC resolution, backed by strict legislation, made the churches hesitant to stress their convictions: “Attempts to commit the church to a constructive programme of action met with failure.”

In contrast, this book acknowledges: “By far the majority of conscientious objectors who were imprisoned were Jehovah’s Witnesses.” It adds: “Jehovah’s Witnesses focused on the rights of individuals to oppose all wars on grounds of conscience.”

During the early years of apartheid rule, the black brothers did not face the same tests of neutrality that the white brothers did. For example, blacks were not called up for military service. However, when political black groups began to challenge apartheid rule, severe trials befell the black Witnesses. Some were killed, others were beaten, others fled as their homes and possessions went up in flames​—all because they refused to violate their neutrality. Yes, they were determined to obey Jesus’ command to be “no part of the world.”​—John 15:19.

Some political groups required everyone in their area to buy a political party card. Representatives from these groups called at people’s homes to demand money for weapons or for the funeral expenses of their comrades who had died in battles with the white security forces. Because the black brothers respectfully refused to pay such money, they were accused of being spies for the apartheid government. While engaging in field service, some brothers and sisters were attacked and accused of spreading white Afrikaans propaganda.

Take for example, Elijah Dlodlo, who gave up a promising career in sports to become one of Jehovah’s dedicated servants. Two weeks before South Africa’s first democratic election, tension ran high between rival black communities. Elijah’s congregation decided to cover their seldom-worked territory, located a few miles away. Elijah, baptized for only two months, was assigned to work with two boys who were unbaptized publishers. While speaking to a lady at her door, they were confronted by a group of youths, members of a political movement. The leader wielded a sjambok, a heavy leather whip. “What’s going on here?” he demanded.

“We are talking about the Bible,” replied the householder.

Ignoring her, the angry man said to Elijah and his two companions: “You three boys, join us. Now is not the time for the Bible; now is the time to fight for our rights.”

Elijah boldly replied, “We cannot do that because we are working for Jehovah.”

The man then pushed Elijah and began to beat him with the sjambok. With each blow, the man shouted, “Join us!” After the first blow, Elijah no longer felt pain. He found strength in the words of the apostle Paul, who said that all true Christians ‘will be persecuted.’​—2 Tim. 3:12.

The man eventually became tired and stopped. Then one of the attackers criticized the man who had the whip, saying that Elijah was not from their community. The group became divided and began fighting among themselves, the leader receiving a severe beating with his own sjambok. Meanwhile, Elijah and his two companions escaped. This test strengthened Elijah’s faith, and he continued to make progress as a fearless preacher of the good news. Today, he is married, has children, and serves as an elder in his congregation.

In Jesus’ day, Galilee “was the heartland of ethnic nationalism,” states writer Trevor Morrow. Many Jewish patriots took up arms to gain political and religious freedom. Did Jesus tell his disciples to get involved in such struggles? No. On the contrary, he told them: “You are no part of the world.” (John 15:19; 17:14) Instead of remaining neutral, however, church leaders developed what Irish writer Hubert Butler describes as “militant and political ecclesiasticism.” “Political Christianity,” he writes, “is almost always also militarist Christianity and when statesmen and ecclesiastics come to terms it always happens that, in return for certain privileges, the Church gives its blessing to the military forces of the state.”

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Wow

Well, in my heart, i am one.

posted on Feb, 5 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2023 by GopiGrl because: Oops

new topics

top topics

join