It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Biggest Egg Farm In US Catches Fire, 21 Fire Departments Respond, 100 Thousand Egg Layers Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As the keeper of a small, pampered flock this also breaks my heart. Chickens are beautiful and lovely animals. We give them a good life and they give us the best eggs.

If you have the space and ability to raise chickens I highly recommend it.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Thrumbo

I thought 1 week I saw 18 eggs for $4.99 and couldn't believe that.

What building are those pigeons roosting ? 😁

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Thrumbo

I thought 1 week I saw 18 eggs for $4.99 and couldn't believe that.

Eastern Colorado here. $9.85 for 18 eggs. I don't use as many eggs as I used to. Farm eggs still go for $3 per dozen, but is difficult to get them.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: infolurker

The egg is a little miracle of nutrition, take that out of the equation and you are looking at some very strange nutritional deficiencies.

Eggs are awesome, especially with the amazing cholesterol you can get from the yolks - but certainly not absolutely necessary. You can get everything - EVERYTHING you need - from fatty red meat.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
Well damn. $5 here in Virginia for generic Food Lion large eggs.

I have to this point refused to eat commercial 'egg farm' eggs, as there is just far too much garbage in them from the crappy GMO soy and corn they're force fed. Not to mention their disease ridden bodies (from spending their entire lives in a 1'x1' cage) are simply incapable of producing healthy eggs.

That said - I'd eat them looooong before I'd start eating WEF-bugs.

All that said - I much prefer the healthiest of all human foods... fatty red meat! Give me a nice 2-4lb ribeye, and/or some beef belly... yum!

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
That's very sad to hear. No chance of a stampede, those big producers don't exactly give their hens a very good quality of life they live in little individual cages.
I have about 30 hens of various breeds and I really enjoy their antics. They get out everyday and get securely locked in at night. I get $4 a dozen for my eggs which is pretty much a break even price. I glanced at krogers egg prices the other day, free range were 6.99 a dozen. greater cincinnati area I guess, but rural

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know right? I know the inflations on stuff has gone up like 40% on average, but the eggs at $4.99 threw me.

Yesterday someone else here said $9 a dozen.

For once in history, it really PAYS to be a chicken!

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

Niece has 25 or so chickens, a bunch of hens, rooster and one "Trans" hen that wake everybody up cause she thinks shea a "he" and caws with the real one.

I asked what shes gonna do with her/him? She said.....(can ya guess where this is goin'!)...'Tasted pretty good with the cornbread stuffing!

Im goin for eggs from her for now.......

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
No to worry, Gates got goo eggs for everybody, no need for more nasty dirty hens.

Goo eggs investment is now up to 66%, he will have his eggs all over America.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Pretty soon instead of buying gold online, people will be buying chickens.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The egg is a little miracle of nutrition, take that out of the equation and you are looking at some very strange nutritional deficiencies.

Is the main source of citicoline for most humans on the earth. Citicoline when synthesized is called Cognizin. They call it that, because it's required for high level cognitive function.

Remove citicoline from the food supply and you get people who can't make decisions or understand cause->effect or make correlations.

I just recently learned about this, because I found an energy drink that includes the synthesized version; and I couldn't believe the effect; it's pronounced and instantly noticeable. I feel like I am 20 again cognitively. This is actually a required nutrient and it's found rarely naturally; again -- the best source of this is Eggs.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Pretty soon instead of buying gold online, people will be buying chickens.

Chicken credit certificates 😀

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You have to bear in mind that there is an egg shortage in New Zealand, Britain, and The US of A. In Britain, its bird flu but the scuttlebutt is that it's the vaccinated chickens which strangely seem to be showing bird flu symptoms. In New Zealand they banned caged birds. and in the USA it seems to be destruction.I don't know about Canada and Aussie.But it is starting to smell and it aint chicken manure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join