It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force general predicts war with China in 2025: 'I hope I am wrong'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I don't know what to think of this but either he's truly alarmed because of what he knows or just full of it. How can anyone these days. It's all a maelstrom of craziness anywhere you look but this dude thinks things are this bad and is saying it publicly, maybe a leak I'm not sure, but his words are there so go figure.

The general said a "a fortified, ready, integrated, and agile Joint Force Maneuver Team ready to fight and win inside the first island chain" needs to be established to prepare for the looming fight. Minihan directed his Air Force commanders to report back by Feb. 28 on steps they will take to prepare for the war against China.

He also said all personnel should ensure their records and emergency contact information are up-to-date and to "consider their personal affairs and whether a visit should be scheduled with their servicing base legal office to ensure they are legally ready and prepared."

The general reportedly urged his fighting forces to "run deliberately, not recklessly," but said they need to accept some risk in training.

"If you are comfortable in your approach to training, then you are not taking enough risk," he added.

A defense official told Fox News Digital Saturday that Minihan’s remarks "are not representative of the department’s view on China."

DOD press secretary Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder said in a statement that U.S.'s "National Defense Strategy makes clear that China is the pacing challenge for the Department of Defense and our focus remains on working alongside allies and partners to preserve a peaceful, free and open Indo-Pacific."

Top defense officials have repeatedly warned that China’s long-term aim is to reunify Taiwan with mainland China and Beijing has ramped up its aggressive posture in the region in recent years.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'll rephrase the whole thing.

As a spokesman for the MIC, I think it's wise that you give us billions of dollars to do as we please.

There you go.

The military industrial complex (as Esienhower put it) OWNS America now. Unchecked power has seeped in, it's all over for the American experiment.

The UK too.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In my lifetime I've noticed how a liberal administration always seems to beat the war drums and have been puzzled as to why their policies aways lead us to the brink of confrontation.

People get fed up, the country turns red yet it's too late; we're in another war. I guess the correct term nowadays is 'conflict'.

Does anybody think when the Democratic administration ends we'll be able to avoid continuing the conflict in Ukraine? By that time I expect it to involve even more countries doing battle with each other.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

the usa must help taiwan if it is attacked, just as nato must help the usa if china ultimately goes to war with america. since it is to be expected that china will invade taiwan at some point in the next 1 or 2 years, a situation similar to that in ukraine will arise. the statement is not surprising.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I doubt we'll have the resources available to engage with China directly by 2025 at the rate Biden is driving us into war with Russia.

Remember, not even a year ago Biden said sending tanks and tank crews to Ukraine would be WWIII. And now we're doing it along with the ramp up of F-15s.

By 2025 China will be able to just walk into Taiwan and no one will even look in their direction.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Just redefine them as Asylum Seekers. Problem solved.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Look, the USA is behind setting Europe on fire, using corrupt fascists in the Ukraine to do so. Next thing now is the Iran:

"U.S. open to military strike against Iran - All options on the table"

To finally set the middle east on fire.

After that then they want to go all in against China. Well, pride always comes before a deep and final fall.

It seems that this nation, the "elites" who pull the strings behind the curtain, never learned anything else than "Coca Cola, sometimes war". Or are this maybe even late effects of Operation Paperclip? Did the Nazis who were imported took power meanwhile? Because they were the last who had fun with setting the whole world on fire.

It seems that the USA, the powers that control it, can not continue to exist without countless wars, always declared as the good wars against all evil on earth. Is it called a military special operation then and do we have to pump billions again into those nations who get attacked? Or is this something completely different if the USA does it? Is black white when the USA does something, does it not rain bombs and rockets but roses and gold if the USA kills people and destroys other nations, creating way more problems with these moves than the world had before these actions (to of course make some money bags a bit richer)?

Is this aggressive behavior maybe even part of the NWO plan, first create a devastating world wide war and after that "build back better" with only one world government left? Anyway, observing the deeds of the USA for a few decades now brought me to the conclusion that a lot of the misery on earth wouldn´t have happened if the USA wouldn´t have it´s, often for the public invisible, dirty fingers in all evil games which often only got evil because of these fingers.

Doing regime changes, supporting fascists and their terror regimes, supporting terror against people, civilians, who only have a different view of things because of where they live and the reality that surrounds them, irritating others, their chosen enemies, further and further with needle stitches till the attacked one fights back...

I have seen that to often in my life and i can´t call that behavior a good behavior that solves problems, quite the contrary.

And as always, if i say USA i mean the "elites" who control it, not the average people who live there and want only to live in peace and tranquility as every other normal human being on earth. It´s always the top of the pyramid that creates misery and death on earth. We simply should stop to be the stones under the top, who support the evil top with it´s all seeing eye painted on it!

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
my issue with this is that it holds no water in the same way it held no water in the 20s and 30s that the next war WW2 would see the USA fight the British empire

no matter what logic says the world does not evolve that way ever..

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

After that then they want to go all in against China. Well, pride always comes before a deep and final fall.

as i read it, in the 30s Hitler thought the next war would be between the USA and British empire where Germany would be siding with the British..

no one foresaw the pivots that happened the British and soviets where arch enemies after invergordon, as the British and Russians where after Tilsit.. but events overtake wishes, prejudices and bigotry....

at this point i can see Europe pivoting towards China more than away from it as the coming hard landing like 36 will upset and reshape the balance of power in the same way 07/08 did..

its the same as the late 30s with the fear the USA would invade and annex Canada.. not all fears are built on reality.

edit on 30-1-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well, preparing for war means you are (er) prepared if war arrives. It also helps deter war, because no one wants to attack a well-trained and prepared foe.

I think the US have the right approach. Unlike (ahem) Germany.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Every time there is some general or someone high up making predictions, it’s completely opposite of what is being said. Two years from now? Means probably in the next 6 months. China? Could be Iran. Never take these dudes at face value, they are told what to say…

Remember 911? Iraq war out of the blue, didn’t see that coming.

Edit to add: red flag when he says get your personal effects I.e living wills taken care of now. That doesn’t take two years, it takes a few minutes.

And why the airforce on the island chains, that’s the job of the Navy/Marines.
edit on 30-1-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Edit to add: red flag when he says get your personal effects I.e living wills taken care of now. That doesn’t take two years, it takes a few minutes.

And why the airforce on the island chains, that’s the job of the Navy/Marines.

Wills and Personal items are done fairly soon before a deployment. So that one is a little interesting. March/April is supposedly when the weather in the straights of Tiawan is optimal for an attack. So there is that too. And it would POSSIBLY be harder to spot a build up like we did with the Russians this time last year.

You will want land-based air as well as sea based air if fighting China.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

"Coca Cola, sometimes war"

You get a star for that.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Highly unlikely. While the US has 330 million people, only 190 million are whites. Non whites won't fight wars of conquest for whites.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
China is very difficult to invade. The only way is by sea and air. It would require a massive amphibious landing. Back in the 1930s even Japan had difficulty invading China.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Although I am a Canadian citizen of Chinese descent, I would without hesitation return to my homeland, picking a gun, and smash some American soldiers if America invades my homeland.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Military Leadership is tired of teaching courses on silly stuff that has nothing to do with Military Readiness.

They are warriors, who want a war.

It's too bad they're itching for such a big war!

Must be a lot of pent-up anger from being so demeaned over the past 2 years.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
China is not Russia. China has 1.4 billion people, state of the art technology and military hardware, a disciplined fighting force. The US will find it much harder to fight China than fighting Russia in Donbas.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think not 2025 by maybe 2050 or so.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: taitekman84 Yeah I bet you would Rambo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join