It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change of mind: UK to end COVID-19 boosters for people under the age of 50

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

From the left wing Guardian..I suppose you are fine with the source.

www.theguardian.com...

Now the UK’s Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) has announced plans for a spring booster campaign, with Covid jabs set to be offered to people aged five years and over who are immunosuppressed as well as adults 75 years and over, and older adults living in care homes.

If you exclude those with medical conditions and the immunosuppressed, it seems the UK is no longer offering these shots to anyone under the age of 75.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

covid like the flu jab has become very limited, they are also no long tracking covid..

ONS Covid infection survey paused after 3 years, leaving no official method for tracking virus

flu... aside from specific groups now limited to all those 65 and over
flu

its a complex matrix of vaccines/age groups/cohorts.. which'll end up sending people in circles..

Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine, egg-grown - licensed from 6 months of age
Fluenz Tetra, live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV)- licensed from 2 years to less than 18 years of age
Influvac sub-unit Tetra▾, Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine, egg-grown (QIVe) - licensed from 6 months of age
Cell-based Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) licensed from 2 years of age
Supemtek▾, recombinant Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (QIVr) - licensed from 18 years of age
Adjuvanted Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine▾ (aQIV) - licensed from 65 years of age
edit on 10-3-2023 by nickyw because: crappy spelling typos and what not

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

covid like the flu jab has become very limited, they are also no long tracking covid..

ONS Covid infection survey paused after 3 years, leaving no official method for tracking virus

flu... aside from specific groups now limited to all those 65 and over
flu

its a complex matrix of vaccines/age groups/cohorts.. which'll end up sending people in circles..

Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine, egg-grown - licensed from 6 months of age
Fluenz Tetra, live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV)- licensed from 2 years to less than 18 years of age
Influvac sub-unit Tetra▾, Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine, egg-grown (QIVe) - licensed from 6 months of age
Cell-based Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (QIVc) licensed from 2 years of age
Supemtek▾, recombinant Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine (QIVr) - licensed from 18 years of age
Adjuvanted Quadrivalent Influenza Vaccine▾ (aQIV) - licensed from 65 years of age

It's a way to exonerate those responsible by trying to make the covid vaccines and the vaccine mandates a distant memory. But nobody can forget what has happened.

Tracking the infections and mortality rates doesn't seem to fit the narratives. If you have noticed Denmark has adjusted the true number of deaths due to Covid-19. From 8,300 to 3,842!! I wonder whether the UK will do something similar and adjust the numbers as nobody can believe what they have given so far are the true number of deaths.

The news from Denmark has huge implications worldwide. I am just waiting to see.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Your suppositions are otiose.

The Guardian? "Always wrong, all the time".

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

This is true, but not for the reasons you apparently believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Your suppositions are otiose.

The Guardian? "Always wrong, all the time".

I chose the Guardian as opposed to other sources the lefties don't like that much.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

For the umpteenth time, I am no leftie. Pack it in.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This is true, but not for the reasons you apparently believe.

Just as in Florida I suppose where they have issued a major health warning against these products. Am I wrong in stating the reasons behind the health warning or the reasons behind the decision taken in the UK...

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
Of course they are. There are less questions when someone 50 years or older dies than an 18 year old. I guess they have reached their sudden death quota for the youth.
50 and over? Probably need to remove more pensioners out of the system before the funds run out.

This is a good thing they are going down this path, but not to be too much jaded as your post is, older people and the high risk really benefited from the initial vaccine under Delta that really did havoc on the older age groups while not much of anything to younger people. For recent variants unless someone is really high risk, I would say even a booster is not needed, so to say 50+ and personal choice that is the best scenario.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Always has, we could have isolated and vaxxed the elderly and continued on, but TPTB choose to go full bore when the situation didn't warrant it, and it was obvious 6-8 weeks in.

The success story was to have a vaccine so quick, the horror story was to mandate it and continue to drive the age down into kids when those age groups didn't need it at all, so they forgot the whole risk to reward that needs to be apply to any drug to include all vaccines.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yes, you are quite wrong about the reasons for this in the UK.

It's just your biased spin to make it fit your beliefs.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Politicians prove to be incompetent in dealing with a crisis. What a shocker!

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yes, you are quite wrong about the reasons for this in the UK.

It's just your biased spin to make it fit your beliefs.

No I don't think I am. I need to remind you why the UK wasn't planning to offer the mRNA junk products to anyone under the age of 50 in the first place. See Kate Bingham who was the head of the UK Vaccine Task Force.

If these products are so safe and effective why not offering them to everyone indefinitely?

We all what the answer is. Unless someone wants to engage in vaccine apologetics and denialism of reality.

edit on 10-3-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join