It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty something year olds I have a question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Wow. So now I'm a betrayer of Jesus Christ because I keep a bag of change in my car? School me....don't hold back.

Nah, I didn't mean it that way. Just "pattern matching" like any good
conspiracy theorist would do, and "typing out loud".

I mean I honestly had to fill the void . I don't know of
any one else who carries around a money bag like that.
There's the Brinks boys , but they don't count.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

Wow. So now I'm a betrayer of Jesus Christ because I keep a bag of change in my car? School me....don't hold back.

✌️

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You're funny.

Yep, I even make myself laugh!
Oh ,hey, It's just "my two cents" guy.
I know I can't judge. Who can?

And hey, maybe you were actually supposed
to use those 200 pennies. Maybe cause some butterfly
affect that would save the world from some
calamity. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Who knows man. Why ask why about anything?

✌️

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

did one of those twenty something year olds answered you?
but a few older ones did. they did what older ones have always done: complain about the young and that everything was better in the past.
age brings experience but the art of self-reflection doesn't come naturally.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Don't know anyone who carries two hundred pennies or why? That's just over a pound of pennies, in a bag. Hummm? Why would someone carry around a pound of pennies in a bag?

Have you ever watched the movie "Death Wish" starring Charles Bronson? He's a guy that started out carrying a bag of quarters. He moved on to carrying a gun fairly quickly after that.
edit on 29-1-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think what amazes me the most is that clerks today get away with this behavior. When I was young we would be fired for this.

But I guess today it is hard to get any kind of help. Folks don't want to work. So this kind of crap is put up with.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Most of the banks where I live no longer exchange change for dollar bills unless you have an account through their bank and being in a small town in the US it's a hassle most of the time.

In the past for some quick exercise I would ride my bike to the closest bank and take any loose change in that I saved up over the month which sometimes amounted to enough for some snacks and drinks before hitting the trail or camping/fishing and I found out the last time they no longer do this except for customers of that bank. Tried another bank before eventually saying hell with it and spent the change in a gas station. Needless to say the cashier at that station wasn't happy and gave me the evil eye the whole time lol.

There are change machines in places like Walmart but they charge you to even use it and if you only take in like $5 of change you barely walk out with anything so it's not even worth it.

In reply to those suggesting to use the bank first.
edit on 1/29/2023 by darklife because: edit

edit on 1/29/2023 by darklife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My husband has a bin in his truck full of change. You probably would not want to touch it because for some reason it gets coffee spilled in it.

It is a dirty trick to pay with that money, literally, but it is legal tender. If the need arose I would use it.

I would not have been all that civil to that young clerk. If you catch me wrong, which can happen if I have been required to leave my house, I take no prisoners. I would have told her to take the money and like it.

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I have an answer: Their world only knows tech...and 5 years ago, they were teenagers. No life spent, non learned. Except from Tik Toc... in 5k. (Whats a "Library"?)

You and me are stuck with them. They...are now....servicing us. In their own ways oblivious to how we got there. Nor do they care.

Gave a young cashier a $20 bill and a quarter as it was $19.25...$1 bill back. "I have to get my manager to figure your change."

Nutz....but...we are stuck. Until they themselves get older.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I agree that getting all worked up about something like that is unnecessary.

But what kind of Maniac walks around with 200+ pennies on them?

There is this valid point. Why not go to a bank or a coin machine and cash out. Because as an adult, id be annoyed too if I had to count out 200 pennies and all the customers behind in line would be annoyed too....because I would not be allowed to just accept the rolls w/out doing so.

Give the kid some slack.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: twicewidowed
My husband has a bin in his truck full of change. You probably would not want to touch it because for some reason it gets coffee spilled in it.

It is a dirty trick to pay with that money, literally, but it is legal tender. If the need arose I would use it.

I would not have been all that civil to that young clerk. If you catch me wrong, which can happen if I have been required to leave my house, I take no prisoners. I would have told her to take the money and like it.

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Most grocery stores (that I have been to all over the country) have coin machines. Don't be lazy - go cash it out.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

originally posted by: watchitburn

I agree that getting all worked up about something like that is unnecessary.

But what kind of Maniac walks around with 200+ pennies on them?

There is this valid point. Why not go to a bank or a coin machine and cash out. Because as an adult, id be annoyed too if I had to count out 200 pennies and all the customers behind in line would be annoyed too....because I would not be allowed to just accept the rolls w/out doing so.

Give the kid some slack.

No coin machine in this particular store. I let three people go ahead of me so as to not have people waiting (no one waiting) It takes about 15-20 seconds to count that out. Nearest store is 40 miles round trip.

I digress tho. Seems like coddling the merchant is the new norm. Cool

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Remember those scenes in movies where characters brought bags of loose change to pay for things?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: malte85

did one of those twenty something year olds answered you?
but a few older ones did. they did what older ones have always done: complain about the young and that everything was better in the past.
age brings experience but the art of self-reflection doesn't come naturally.

Quite right I think malte. The headline suggests the question is for ''twentysomethings'' to answer, not older generations to give their gripes about the ''younger generation''. Could it be that the dearth of replies from members of that younger age group is because they just don't participate in these forums because they are tired of the BS from the know-it-all ''older generations''?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'd like to ask you some questions. This is something I'm getting a lot of. Do you feel excited about what your future holds, or does your future look completely bleak? Simply put, what's your hope for the future, or do you not have any hope for a good life as you grow old yourself? Do you see anything positive about the future your bound to face?

I wonder how far gone it feels for your gen. Or do you see a good path in front of you?

I personally feel excited about my future, but I'm generally optimistic about things. Looking back at history it seems that everything going on now is just a different "flavor" of past problems. Guess it depends on how you look at it.

I'm considered a zillenial. I'm thankful that I have a degree and can look forward to utilizing my knowledge in the tech field. There is definitely tons of opportunity out there. I imagine even more so than previous generations. I think my generation can have a good life when we grow older, but we definitely need to work on holding our govt. accountable for their actions before its too late. Financially it seems we may be kind of screwed.

I look forward to starting a family one day, but buying a house at the moment is out of the question. The market is just nuts. I'm not going to start a family renting a house or apartment, no way.

The technology being developed is increasing exponentially, I can't wait to see what is out there 20+ years from now. I imagine its going to be life altering stuff. Just like cellphones were, for better or worse. Who knows what the future holds.

Just like any generation there are ups and downs. Hopefully the world doesn't continue devolving into a clown world or else it will be bleak.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker

I'd like to ask you some questions. This is something I'm getting a lot of. Do you feel excited about what your future holds, or does your future look completely bleak? Simply put, what's your hope for the future, or do you not have any hope for a good life as you grow old yourself? Do you see anything positive about the future your bound to face?

I wonder how far gone it feels for your gen. Or do you see a good path in front of you?

I personally feel excited about my future, but I'm generally optimistic about things. Looking back at history it seems that everything going on now is just a different "flavor" of past problems. Guess it depends on how you look at it.

I'm considered a zillenial. I'm thankful that I have a degree and can look forward to utilizing my knowledge in the tech field. There is definitely tons of opportunity out there. I imagine even more so than previous generations. I think my generation can have a good life when we grow older, but we definitely need to work on holding our govt. accountable for their actions before its too late. Financially it seems we may be kind of screwed.

I look forward to starting a family one day, but buying a house at the moment is out of the question. The market is just nuts. I'm not going to start a family renting a house or apartment, no way.

The technology being developed is increasing exponentially, I can't wait to see what is out there 20+ years from now. I imagine its going to be life altering stuff. Just like cellphones were, for better or worse. Who knows what the future holds.

Just like any generation there are ups and downs. Hopefully the world doesn't continue devolving into a clown world or else it will be bleak.

Thank you so much! That was very helpful!
Great attitude and outlook.
Good luck out there. You'll do great.

Btw, I meant no disrespect to an entire generation of people. I have nieces and nephews, a son, and all their wonderful friends in that age group. And they are all really cool and good young people. I see the struggles they face. They're all fighting slightly different battles of the same war. I see that they are up against things my gen didn't have to worry about, and I worry for them. And I hate the things they missed out on (half of them didn't even get to "walk the line" at graduation due to events during that time. Among other things they missed out on). I look for any ways I can to encourage them. I'm searching for answers for them and some times that takes asking the tough questions. You're optimism is a flicker of light (for me on this), and I hope to share that with them.
Thanks again. I appreciate you stepping up to the plate on this. Kudos
edit on 30-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join