It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orioles have already started to arrive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I live in a region of the US that is a pit stop for the Orioles on their way to mexico and then back home up north. Every fall and every spring I can walk out into my yard and see hundreds of orioles. They are around for a few weeks and then are gone, not to return until it either starts getting cold or starts to warm up. I've watched this migration for almost two decades now and like clockwork they've always came and gone. Last year I started to notice them quite a bit earlier than usual, and just now when I walked out I saw my first pack of orioles out there feeding in the grass. In late January. Usually it was March/April when I would see them.
Seems like they're pattern has changed over the last few years.

animals.mom.com...

April is the peak time for migration for Bullock's and Baltimore orioles, and continues through mid-May

I've noticed some deviations from the norm with a few things in nature the last five years or so. So when I saw those first orioles already this year it made me wonder. It's always neat see them. Like twice a year guests who come and stay a few weeks and then disappear for half a year.
I wondered if this might be an indication of an early spring, possibly a warmer than usual summer.
Either way, spring is around the corner.

edit on 28-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

The migration patterns have changed drastically for wildlife with the shifting poles. Globalists will tell you it's due to climate change, but magnetic north has changed many times in our past-long before man-made anything appeared on the scene.

Either way, it's not your imagination.

edit on 600000044America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

The migration patterns have changed drastically for wildlife with the shifting poles. Globalists will tell you it's do to climate change, but magnetic north has changed many times in our past-long before man-made anything appeared on the scene.

Either way, it's not your imagination.

For sure. I saw how even whale migration had changed drastically over the last decade or so. Even sharks turning up in places they don't normally go. Also, penguins arriving in Australia. Weird migration shifts.
It's neat for sure.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

And why would a magnetic poleshift increase temperatures globally?

[...]Another doomsday hypothesis about a geomagnetic flip plays up fears about incoming solar activity. This suggestion mistakenly assumes that a pole reversal would momentarily leave Earth without the magnetic field that protects us from solar flares and coronal mass ejections from the sun. But, while Earth's magnetic field can indeed weaken and strengthen over time, there is no indication that it has ever disappeared completely. A weaker field would certainly lead to a small increase in solar radiation on Earth – as well as a beautiful display of aurora at lower latitudes - but nothing deadly. Moreover, even with a weakened magnetic field, Earth's thick atmosphere also offers protection against the sun's incoming particles.

2012: Magnetic Pole Reversal Happens All The (Geologic) Time

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

And why would a magnetic poleshift increase temperatures globally?

[...]Another doomsday hypothesis about a geomagnetic flip plays up fears about incoming solar activity. This suggestion mistakenly assumes that a pole reversal would momentarily leave Earth without the magnetic field that protects us from solar flares and coronal mass ejections from the sun. But, while Earth's magnetic field can indeed weaken and strengthen over time, there is no indication that it has ever disappeared completely. A weaker field would certainly lead to a small increase in solar radiation on Earth – as well as a beautiful display of aurora at lower latitudes - but nothing deadly. Moreover, even with a weakened magnetic field, Earth's thick atmosphere also offers protection against the sun's incoming particles.

2012: Magnetic Pole Reversal Happens All The (Geologic) Time

I was referring to the talking heads telling us the change in animal behavior is due to manmade global warming, not the natural cycling of earth that's happened for eons.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It’s the first year that that I recall that some, not all, of the Robins have hung around all winter up here.

My sister has some nesting in her yard. When it gets cold they puff up like a puffball but they seem to be doing ok. She’s leaving lots of food and nesting material around for them.

North central Alberta.
edit on 1 28 2023 by NorthOfStuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
explorer.audubon.org... e=0.0607%2C0.0807

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Sounds like something a talking head would say, WTF do I know anyway.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
love it! hopefully Maine becomes hot and Florida cold so that we can watch real estate folk lose their minds

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Sounds and prob looks amazing. A few weeks back, much of A.E. Michigan was privy to seeing groups of hawks in migratory patterns. I had 10- 15 large ones circling my property...then even more the next day.

C'mon spring!!!✌️👍😎

new topics

top topics

join