It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Common Sense And Your Creative Thoughts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw
a reply to: SkyAngel

We...... The People.

Need to take our control back!

Share your thoughts about how we can do it honestly.

rolling back to the original words your founding fathers understood is probably a good descriptive start in terms of framing the problems and their answers..

the original words where "An Agreement of the People"

we're in a mess as there is no agreement left.. and discussion an agreement is deemed evil populistic.. but that is exactly what the USA was founded on, populist agreement not the divine rule of an elite which is where it is now.

what should such an agreement look like? and how to create one in this environment..

my thoughts are we all need a new version of the Putney debates to create a new agreement, but we can't as the elite feel they have the divine right to rule..

which brings us to the core issue how to overturn the divine right to rule some think they have over the people who they see as their chattel.

Nickyw if there was any wisdom in your countries founding fathers they wrote it down and passed the documents to you, their heirs.

What did they tell you in those documents?

I think their advice will tell you more about the vision they had for the future and how to secure it then any ruminations thrown around on the inter webs.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
We never lost control. We just listen to people who say we don't have it, as they do whatever they can get away with.

It's the "getting away with it" that presents the true problem.

When I sit down in the chair at the barber shop, I am not in control. The barber could "do" anything... that doesn't mean he has "taken control' nor does it mean "I lost control."

We expect our elected or appointed servants to perform certain functions... when they don't... nothing happens... and the play goes on, repeating the script over and over. They "get away with it." THAT'S the problem. If they didn't, these people would not even 'try' to 'game' us all, which now happens repeatedly.

They have been allowed to game the law, the process, and now the information... all while people are taught "there's nothing you can do about it."

There is. We just won't do it... and whenever someone tries, they are subject to the consequences brought about by 'our servants.' Go figure.

"Rights" are not "granted" ... nor are they "gifted" ... rights are taken and demanded. Your rights are whatever you say they are. The object of discussion is about whether another entity rejects or accepts them, and how that plays out is dependent on the force of reason for thinking people, or just 'force' when the objecting entity doesn't 'think' at all.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Crackalackin

Tell that to the people detained after 1/6. I'm sure they'll have a different opinion.

And yes, I'm deadly serious.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: snrb123
Step one.

Log off.

Step two.

Speak up.

You can still speak up and you don't have to log off. You can do both successfully just as I do and many others I suppose.

Step 1

Indictments for all pharmaceuticals

Step 2

Dismantling of all pharmaceuticals

Step 3

Jail

Step 4

Constitutional Amendments or new Constitution

Step 5

Outlaw the woke nonsense

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Its real simple.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkyAngel

The truth should come before money and power. How can we get back on the right track..

Put an immediate end to the absolute corruption of regulatory agencies via the mechanism of 'regulatory capture'.

That's a good one for starters.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing your very inspiring thoughts!

I still have hope for humanity after reading all the replies here.

Thank you all so much!

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: Crackalackin

Tell that to the people detained after 1/6. I'm sure they'll have a different opinion.

And yes, I'm deadly serious.

So why are you here if you have already given up?

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

We, will never be able to free ourselves from the "bondage" until the core reasons are identified, and, dealt with.

That's easy....

We are in "bondage" to greed, and easy access to anything that satisfies that greed.

There's also a negative side....

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We are in "bondage" to greed, and easy access to anything that satisfies that greed.

Yes, and no. "We", as a species, are in bondage to those that know how to manipulate that greed. We, as a species are not by nature a greedy bunch, but our "Greedy" Genes can be manipulated by those that know how to pull the psychological strings. Would you say the American Indian philosophies were, are greedy? Or would you say the European Royalty philosophies, were not?

Did your parents raise you to be greedy? Did your society? We are a species that is born into ignorance and must be taught how to live. Greed is a symptom, not the disease. The Pied Pipers who are teaching "Greed", are the Disease... They glorify greed in Holly Wood and Washington, and the Greedy Royalty, global elite. Not, the common people.

So it would be incorrect to judge everyone is greedy. Some, know how to say, no to greed, and do so.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumina2331

And in that, you prove my point. LOL

LOL

Very impressive lol lol lol Or, your having problems with boredom lol lol

Thanks, you made my day...

posted on Feb, 11 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
a reply to: Maxmars

Its real simple.

Yes, it's really simple!

The People have to wake up and start taking control!

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I wouldn't mind trying democracy. I really think it could solve many of our problems and might even work.

We've been fooled for a very long time (centuries in some instances) that our countries in the liberal west are run "democratically". This is clearly not so, and it never has been so.

Somehow we have been conned and it is often trumpeted that being able to vote for a candidate to represent you, is a defining trait of a democracy. This is clearly incorrect. Representation via a popularity contest where the sociopaths and professional liars (career politicians) rise to the top, simply causes factions (parties) and leads inevitably to more corruption.

This is another version of rule by the few (neo feudalism), where the wealthy and powerful get to decide the candidates for important office and buy off the rest as and when needed or via the party system.

This is actually the defining characteristic of an oligarchy, which is all we have ever really had. Western govts are now becoming overbearing, a little too war mongering, staggeringly corrupt and in many ways fascist.

The Greeks/Athenians (who are often considered to be the forerunners of our "democratic" systems) realised 6th century bce that a govt decided by ballot could never amount to a democracy. It always resulted in a factionalised and corrupt system of oligarchy. In fact, voting (and the corruption it coincides with) was considered a defining characteristic of an oligarchy.

It might be worth trying a form of sortition. Obviously with strict criteria about who is eligible, and more than that to take office. A thorough and strict psych evaluation to rule out certain traits that amount to "psychopathy" or pathological lying would be good before anyone could ever take office. That would more than decimate the political scene at the moment. A system of regular citizen review could be worth thinking about also.

It's strange to hear people especially in the US complain about the "left" when such a thing hasn't really existed there in any functional sense for about 70 yrs. It's been less than that it my little US client state, but it no longer exists their either. Something common to fascist rule is that they utterly destroy the left. Nowadays when they appear to be left or right or whatever, it's often coincidental because left/right ideology is irrelevant to them but it gives us something to squabble about. They are more often opportunists following whatever suits their needs at any time.

We just have a uni-party split in two groups to give us entertainment and a pretence of diversity, while they fulfil the wishes of their donors.

Also strange to hear Americans talking up the "founding fathers" as if the flowery words mean anything. These people obviously hated and feared the thought of a republic based on democracy and were obviously oligarchs. They were more about self interest, genocide and expansion via conquest (of the weak).

Probably worse in my little enclave where the original locals weren't even considered to exist.

It's time for a radical overhaul, but it won't happen before we actually collapse first, unfortunately. Possibly not even then.

edit on 16-2-2023 by Quintilian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Share Your Common Sense And Your Creative Thoughts.

Many have let their ideology get in the way of their common sense. It's a human condition of basically tribal societies, everyone wants to be accepted and group think is the mechanism.

That leaves the "outsiders" responsible for Creative thoughts.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quintilian

I wouldn't mind trying democracy. I really think it could solve many of our problems and might even work.

We've been fooled for a very long time (centuries in some instances) that our countries in the liberal west are run "democratically". This is clearly not so, and it never has been so.

Somehow we have been conned and it is often trumpeted that being able to vote for a candidate to represent you, is a defining trait of a democracy. This is clearly incorrect. Representation via a popularity contest where the sociopaths and professional liars (career politicians) rise to the top, simply causes factions (parties) and leads inevitably to more corruption.

This is another version of rule by the few (neo feudalism), where the wealthy and powerful get to decide the candidates for important office and buy off the rest as and when needed or via the party system.

This is actually the defining characteristic of an oligarchy, which is all we have ever really had. Western govts are now becoming overbearing, a little too war mongering, staggeringly corrupt and in many ways fascist.

The Greeks/Athenians (who are often considered to be the forerunners of our "democratic" systems) realised 6th century bce that a govt decided by ballot could never amount to a democracy. It always resulted in a factionalised and corrupt system of oligarchy. In fact, voting (and the corruption it coincides with) was considered a defining characteristic of an oligarchy.

It might be worth trying a form of sortition. Obviously with strict criteria about who is eligible, and more than that to take office. A thorough and strict psych evaluation to rule out certain traits that amount to "psychopathy" or pathological lying would be good before anyone could ever take office. That would more than decimate the political scene at the moment. A system of regular citizen review could be worth thinking about also.

It's strange to hear people especially in the US complain about the "left" when such a thing hasn't really existed there in any functional sense for about 70 yrs. It's been less than that it my little US client state, but it no longer exists their either. Something common to fascist rule is that they utterly destroy the left. Nowadays when they appear to be left or right or whatever, it's often coincidental because left/right ideology is irrelevant to them but it gives us something to squabble about. They are more often opportunists following whatever suits their needs at any time.

We just have a uni-party split in two groups to give us entertainment and a pretence of diversity, while they fulfil the wishes of their donors.

Also strange to hear Americans talking up the "founding fathers" as if the flowery words mean anything. These people obviously hated and feared the thought of a republic based on democracy and were obviously oligarchs. They were more about self interest, genocide and expansion via conquest (of the weak).

Probably worse in my little enclave where the original locals weren't even considered to exist.

It's time for a radical overhaul, but it won't happen before we actually collapse first, unfortunately. Possibly not even then.

Good post..... with some hope.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join