It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge and Wisdom

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: snrb123

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: AOx6179
a reply to: CthruU

If you truly understood jesus

I do. And His Holy Spirit who has been my teacher.

Your on the road to redemption no doubt but here's hoping you make it to the end.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. He just recently found God and tried to tell me because I don’t follow religion that I wasn’t where I needed to be yet and it echoes what you said here.

You’ll get there eventually, he said, don’t worry.

Well for me, I’m already there. Just like the OP. He is where he feels like he should be. Who are we to tell someone where they are on their individual path?

All the while I tried to tell him. My path is not your path. When people understand that the destination is the same but the path is different the world will be a better place. Peace Brother.

Whatever you reckon.

Words of wisdom! These, I agree with.

If you were even half as smart as you think you are you'd be dangerous.

Dangerous is the key word here no2

Hope you have a better rest of your day brother. 😊

No you don't.

There's nothing wrong with my day its the "SORROW" of dealing with your nonsense step brother.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   

If you truly understood jesus then you would see.the blatant conflict of interest displayed...

Maybe it would have helped if you had given an explanation or example. Does the OP's follow-up explanation make more sense to you now? Certain battles need to be fought, but we can't possibly battle them all either. Remember, we have to pick and choose our battles.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Your on the road to redemption no doubt but here's hoping you make it to the end.

This reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend. He just recently found God and tried to tell me because I don’t follow religion that I wasn’t where I needed to be yet and it echoes what you said here.

Well for me, I’m already there. Just like the OP. He is where he feels like he should be. Who are we to tell someone where they are on their individual path?

All the while I tried to tell him. My path is not your path. When people understand that the destination is the same but the path is different the world will be a better place. Peace Brother.

Whatever you reckon.

No you don't.

There's nothing wrong with my day its the "SORROW" of dealing with your nonsense step brother.

Whatever you say.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

If you truly understood jesus then you would see.the blatant conflict of interest displayed...

Maybe it would have helped if you had given an explanation or example. Does the OP's follow-up explanation make more sense to you now? Certain battles need to be fought, but we can't possibly battle them all either. Remember, we have to pick and choose our battles.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Whatever you reckon.

No you don't.

CthruU, if I've called you "brother" and you are in fact a "sister" then I apologize for that as well. I've gone thru our discussion a couple of times to see if I've missed anything, and I did assume you were male. I meant to add the alternative of "sister" if you are in fact female. It's hard to tell the difference on here.
I wasn't trying to insult you. I wrote a piece on things like mercy and forgiveness and I feel that it be wise to display what that looks like here.
If you go back and analyze everyone's words (including your own) you can clearly see some attacking in them. I know there's a reason behind that, and I know you have your own wisdom and knowledge to share. I'd still like to hear what it is youre so passionate about teaching here. I just ask that you do it gently (meaning tread lightly on someone's personal faith or walk).
You have the floor...
edit on 28-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Whatever you reckon.

No you don't.

CthruU, if I've called you "brother" and you are in fact a "sister" then I apologize for that as well. I've gone thru our discussion a couple of times to see if I've missed anything, and I did assume you were male. I meant to add the alternative of "sister" if you are in fact female. It's hard to tell the difference on here.
I wasn't trying to insult you. I wrote a piece on things like mercy and forgiveness and I feel that it be wise to display what that looks like here.
If you go back and analyze everyone's words (including your own) you can clearly see some attacking in them. I know there's a reason behind that, and I know you have your own wisdom and knowledge to share. I'd still like to hear what it is youre so passionate about teaching here. I just ask that you do it gently (meaning tread lightly on someone's personal faith or walk).
You have the floor...

That reply was to snrb123 not you so I'm really not understanding your reply but I have noticed some misplacing the posting between you and that poster that have then rectified themselves.

Not sure what's going on. I thought my last reply to you was regarding no need for apologies etc (page2) was closure, your reply to me on my comments to snrb123 is confusing me.

I'm not teaching anything here just getting a worthy recipient to stretch his spiritual muscle a bit which you did but I think I'm seeing a little backpedalling in this latest response so I think I'll move on as I really don't have the energy to go round the mulberry bush once again.

edit on 28-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2023 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I didn't see that no apologies reply. This got sideways somehow for sure. I laugh at some things, but it's only the way I deal with things that aren't easy to deal with. I use humor to try and lighten the mood. It's just my way and not meant to offend.
But with everything aside, we'll just let the confusion go, and no apologies needed here either.
I am curious as to what it was you had to share originally tho. I got offended at the Knowing Jesus comment and that's where I tripped.
I'll further explain sorrow and how it's a good thing in my eyes. Wisdom is knowing what to do with the knowledge one has obtained. I've come to realize that there are some battles I am going I lose. The battles I mean are those I am sent to (leaf in the wind). There will be some battles I will lose and I will (and do) watch other people lose their own battles (think things like addiction). To try and try and try to help someone with a battle like that, and lose (which I see waaaaaay more than I see win) and this understanding/insight/wisdom makes me weep. Now, that doesn't mean I sit around crying. Sometimes it just becomes too much and I fall. And sorrow befalls me in account of others and the misery I see them endure. It affects me more because I know misery too. I know how heavy and burdensome it is. And being empathetic I tend to take on whatever weight that person is feeling. If I lost that compassion I feel like I wouldn't be 1000th as affective as if I could "weep with others." In the end I know everything will be okay. But I know how tough and brutal the journey can be. So I weep sometimes for others. (Sorrow)

I'm sure you see what it is I'm saying here. But if you have more insight, then I'd like to hear it. Every bit helps.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I respectfully beg to differ for reasons of the contradictions I already pointed out.

But I guess its one thing to know and quite another to enforce on oneself.

I certainly hope he is indeed your teacher so maybe just listen a little more intently...hearing and listening are two very different things.

Nice judgement, "brother." Good to know youre an authority on where my relationship with our Lord Jesus is.

Thanks for sharing tho.

Come on "brother" your better than this.... are you not?

Did you not come up in here casting judgement on where I'm at with God?
Like you are some authority on this for others? If you are filled with Gods Word then you know, you and I should not be arguing and casting judgement out at each other, especially in front of those who may be considering handing it all over to Christ (which is my target audience when I write these rants). Those who are seeking Truth..

All I did was.try to drag you in hindsight kicking and screaming down the road a little further.

Truth be known you became defensive, insulted and offended at what should be quite obvious to one who claims to be on the path to enlightenment such as yourself.

I have no problem with you and your buddy there running me down because the truth no matter how hard to see is the truth and I have no doubt in time you will see it.

Furthermore I never said I was filled with gods word - but thanks for the implementation no less.

You replied to your buddy laughing out loud at me etc so really is this the pot calling the kettle black here......think so.

Anyway clearly you'd be alot more comfortable with me minding my own business and not interfering with your self diagnosed pedestal rantings so I'll be like a "leaf in the wind" and blow away to the applause of the blind.

Good luck "brother".......

I did try.

I apologize for making you feel that way. I admit I got defensive. It honestly looked like and attack to me.
Regardless of anything else, how things looked, how things got twisted, I take responsibility for my part in that.
And this is sincere.

No need for apologies.

You never made me feel anyway.

What you have done is opened those eyes a little further now and for that I thank you sincerely.

I'm not here to be better than anyone else or smarter, I'm here because many are called but few are chosen and if possible I'd like to help a few more get the nod..This site is a rare insight into souls let me tell you.

It takes a big soul to say what you did above.

It takes a much bigger man to get hit emotionally than in the face and still turn the other cheek - i think you can be such a man so I tried as I said and in the end you got there.

Now learn to make it knee jerk and not after a few rounds and we're getting somewhere.

Yeah our posts got mixed up somehow. I'm just now seeing this, and I've looked at this thread several times. Weird

Ps. Thank you. I have a ton of respect for your words here as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   

In the thread - step by step i did nothing wrong and only fired when fired apon.

Maybe it would have helped if I just minded my own business.

The OP's statements and follow up statements always made sense to me, ffs he even made admissions and I made appreciations of those admissions.

I think alot of the OP as I come from the same background and I know the road he faces, he is a warrior but he yearns to be a servant but hasn't accepted that fact yet......but he will and a great servant he will be especially with his presence in the physical realm, so I CHOOSE to battle him in his spiritual quest for he is most definitely a worthy cause.

So I pick and choose indeed.

I may not be liked but I know I'm heard and for those that need to hear in the end they listen.

I can almost guarantee I'm not going to heaven but I will serve it nevertheless regardless.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

In the thread - step by step i did nothing wrong and only fired when fired apon.

Maybe it would have helped if I just minded my own business.

The OP's statements and follow up statements always made sense to me, ffs he even made admissions and I made appreciations of those admissions.

I think alot of the OP as I come from the same background and I know the road he faces, he is a warrior but he yearns to be a servant but hasn't accepted that fact yet......but he will and a great servant he will be especially with his presence in the physical realm, so I CHOOSE to battle him in his spiritual quest for he is most definitely a worthy cause.

So I pick and choose indeed.

I may not be liked but I know I'm heard and for those that need to hear in the end they listen.

I can almost guarantee I'm not going to heaven but I will serve it nevertheless regardless.

Again....tons of respect for you as well.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

For me it's the metaphorical talk of conflict...

It has unintended consequences and influence, there's always some nutter willing to take it literal.

On a personal level I've seen how framing struggle as conflict isn't necessarily conductive to a peaceful and decent life.

It's nicer to see such things as a challenge. That kind of thinking I'd like to say stems from competition which is ideally making a game out of conflict. Rivals instead of enemies.

Conflict leads to dead ends. Competition demands an equal playing field. Do you see any evidence for the latter?

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
Yes, very wise indeed. And right up my alley since I was such a competitor in sport.
That's a fresh perspective I've never thought of or heard. I'm going to apply that, actually.

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

For in much wisdom is much vexation, and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. -King Solomon-

Here's another rendering of Ec 1:18, the meaning stays the same: “For in the abundance of wisdom there is an abundance of vexation, so that he that increases knowledge increases pain.”

Solomon here stresses again the vanity of human endeavors in all matters other than the carrying out of God’s commands. (Ec 1:13, 14) Thus, a man may gain knowledge and wisdom in many fields, or he may explore deeply some specialized field, and such knowledge and wisdom may be proper in themselves, though not directly related to God’s declared purpose. Yet, with such increased knowledge and wisdom the man may well become more keenly aware of how limited his opportunities are to use his knowledge and wisdom because of his short life span and because of the problems and bad conditions that confront and oppose him in imperfect human society. This is vexing, producing a painful sense of frustration. (Compare Ro 8:20-22; Ec 12:13, 14) Thus, too, the knowledge obtained by ‘devotion to many books,’ unless tied in with and put to use in the carrying out of God’s commands, is “wearisome to the flesh.”​—Ec 12:12.

So, this new found worry lead me down a rabbit hole of world history, business practices, other world government practices, biology, ufology, chemistry, rare earth elements etc etc etc. Point is, I've learned a LOT in the last couple of years alone, and all for the purpose of trying to stay ahead of "the end game."

Knowledge (Greek: gno'sis; Latin: scientia) is put in a very favorable light in the Christian Greek Scriptures. However, not all that men may call “knowledge” is to be sought, because philosophies and views exist that are “falsely called ‘knowledge.’” (1Ti 6:20) Thus Paul wrote about some who were “always learning [taking in knowledge] and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.” (2Ti 3:6, 7) He also wrote: “For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2Ti 4:3,4) A synonym for “false stories” is “myths”. And there are indeed a lot of those going around these days, as you indicated when you said:

As a whole, there are millions of things to address, and it's so overwhelming, because, how do you fight off a million different enemies?

Well, this article series addresses some popular myths taught in Christendom that originated from Pagan philosophy (it's a start, probably appropiate given that you are quoting from the Bible):

One Myth Leads to Another

“LOOK out,” wrote the apostle Paul to Christians living in the latter half of the first century C.E. What was he warning against? “Perhaps there may be someone who will carry you off as his prey through the philosophy and empty deception according to the tradition of men.”​—Colossians 2:8.

Despite Paul’s warning, from the middle of the second century C.E., some Christians began using concepts borrowed from ancient philosophers in order to explain their beliefs. Why? They wanted to be accepted by the educated people of the Roman Empire and thus make more converts.

Justin Martyr, one of the most famous of these Christians, believed that God’s Spokesman had manifested himself to Greek philosophers long before the arrival of Jesus. According to Justin and like-minded teachers, the contribution of philosophy and mythology to Christianity made this form of religion truly universal.

Justin Martyr’s form of Christianity became very successful in gaining converts. However, the adoption of one myth led to the creation of others and produced what is now commonly believed to be Christian doctrine. To expose these myths, compare what the following reference works say with what the Bible actually teaches.

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal
Myth 2: The Wicked Suffer in Hell
Related:
What the h*ll is HELL anyway? Are you going there? (playlist with context)

Myth 3: All Good People Go to Heaven
Myth 4: God Is a Trinity
Related (from the same playlist as before): He is a liar! (part 1 of 2)
Myth 5: Mary Is the Mother of God
Myth 6: God Approves of the Use of Images and Icons in Worship

REJECT MYTHS, STICK TO THE TRUTH

What can we conclude from this brief review of myths that are still taught by many churches? These “tales [Greek, myʹthos] artfully spun” cannot rival the simple and comforting truths of the Bible.​—2 Peter 1:16, The New English Bible.

Therefore, with an open mind, do not hesitate to compare with God’s Word​—the source of truth—​what you have been taught. (John 17:17) Then, this promise will prove true in your case: “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​—John 8:32.

Since you mentioned biology and chemistry before, you can also start the playlist with the first video for some ideas which myths to address first, or where to start:

Molecular Machinery of Life
edit on 28-1-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Very cool. You definitely hit some target thoughts of mine.
Nail on the head

S&Fs

posted on Jan, 28 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   

For more subjects worthy of addressing (some relate to the subjects already linked in the article series about one myth leading to another):

As they can be found in that order in the same playlist as before, entitled:

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

Here is where it gets particularly interesting for those not taken in by evolutionary philosophies & myths and/or philosophical naturalism (which is what the first third of the playlist is about; the transition of subjects also happens in the video linked below and subsequent videos):

Isaac Newton's science/scientia/knowledge about reality
edit on 29-1-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

For more subjects worthy of addressing (some relate to the subjects already linked in the article series about one myth leading to another):

As they can be found in that order in the same playlist as before, entitled:

Real science, knowledge of realities compared to unverified philosophies and stories

Here is where it gets particularly interesting for those not taken in by evolutionary philosophies & myths and/or philosophical naturalism (which is what the first third of the playlist is about; the transition of subjects also happens in the video linked below and subsequent videos):

Isaac Newton's science/scientia/knowledge about reality

Interesting. I think this will keep me busy for the next month.
Cool stuff tho. I'll work my way thru it.

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nowadays I need to hear from other people what it is I do around here.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join