It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO meeting January 27, 2023 on status of COVID-19 pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here is the WHO Director's (Dr. Tedros) comments on opening that meeting today:

www.who.int... d-19-pandemic---27-january-2023

Keep in mind, however, that the metaphor of an iceberg may be the best mental model of COVID-19 as we go forward in time, regardless of whether or not the "pandemic" designation is dropped. Here's one new example from the international journal Nature:

www.nature.com...

In response to that diagram in Nature, the virology researcher Paul Pharoah comments on Twitter: "Precision medicine has not worked because we've only been thinking about the tip of the evidence iceberg (apparently). ... you need to modify your evidence pyramid diagram." I forwarded this tweet of his to ATS on Twitter, but that account has apparently not been active since 2021.

edit on 1/27/2023 by Uphill because: Changed a word.

edit on 1/27/2023 by Uphill because: Corrected a word.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

I don't understand why there aren't enough people, with enough time, and enough pitchforks, to make our way to find these aholes and put on a good old fashioned pay per view media event.

Enough is enough. So tired of these lies.

Even more tired of people going along with it, because why? Their fing job???
Add them to the fire too then.

Enough of this nonsense. It's time to clean house and load up the wagon and head to the dump.

edit on 27-1-2023 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
the race starts to see who end their universal vax program next.. and the uk is off the block..

Universal Covid jabs to be wound down as under-50s given just weeks to get boosters

JCVI bosses issued the fresh guidance as they revealed that the universal Covid vaccine programme would end this year

edit on 27-1-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

i predict a rush to see who closes their vax programs down the fastest..

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill

Keep in mind, however, that the metaphor of an iceberg may be the best mental model of COVID-19 as we go forward in time, regardless of whether or not the "pandemic" designation is dropped. Here's one new example from the international journal Nature:

www.nature.com...

In response to that diagram in Nature, the virology researcher Paul Pharoah coments on Twitter: "Precision medicine has not worked because we've only been thinking about the tip of the evidence iceberg (apparently). ... you need to modify your evidence pyramid diagram." I forwarded this tweet of his to ATS on Twitter, but that account has apparently not been active since 2021.

In other words, the "vaccine" isn't killing people fast enough...

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

or what happens when you lose the room and everyone stops listening to the so called experts..

we approach an economic hard landing that'll exacerbate the damage done by lockdowns I predict few will want to holding the baton when it happens

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- In my OP, I also wanted to point out the recent events that typify the conspiracy aspect of today's WHO "pandemic" meeting, as seen at the just-concluded World Economic Forum (WEF). Throughout all WEF meetings and sessions, thorough COVID-19 pandemic precautions were observed daily, for pre-conference testing, etc., etc. If any participant tested COVID-19 positive, their badge was cleared (inactivated) and they were unable to attend any WEF events. So WEF is still taking COVID-19 very seriously.

I suggest that's the disconnect: WEF is still being protective (of itself and its members, that is), while the peoples of the world are all about to be told to stand down from "red alert." How about that?
edit on 1/27/2023 by Uphill because: Added words.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

www.nature.com...

In response to that diagram in Nature, the virology researcher Paul Pharoah comments on Twitter: "Precision medicine has not worked because we've only been thinking about the tip of the evidence iceberg (apparently). ... you need to modify your evidence pyramid diagram." I forwarded this tweet of his to ATS on Twitter, but that account has apparently not been active since 2021.

from first link:

In addition, the lifting of restrictions in China has led to a spike in deaths in the world’s most populous nation.

Last week, almost 40 thousand deaths were reported to WHO, more than half of them from China.

Today we will update our COVID-19 dashboard to incorporate cases and deaths reported by China in recent weeks.

Suspicious they're automatically believing the data from China is real 🤣

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

i think the complexity of the whole situation is such that the likes of wef have learn how closely everyone watches these things after the last few years of leaders saying one thing while doing the opposite.

at this point someone has to live the bs they wish everyone else to live under.. still to little to late as they've really lost the room..

as processes go the original science of 3 week lockdown was the right balance but experts and academics got drunk on control leading us here and this desperate need to inject trust back into the system.. (not sure wef is the right ones to do that)

i think we are is mirror the late stages of the British empire and to fix the corruption we need someone like Gladstone who not just believes in but lives the reforms they push.. none of the current lot can even stand by their own policies..

but at this point whatever who or wef say they are to little too late to fix the damage they've already done..
edit on 27-1-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen --- validation of COVID-19 in-country data across the Earth has been a problem since the early days of 2000. Evidently, WHO and other global monitoring groups such as Pro-MED and Our World In Data are using a variety of other sources to validate all reported "data" globally. Both WHO and Pro-MED also make use of powerful statistical tools that are forward-looking and can make assessments on incoming reports which appear to deviate in major ways from "expected" patterns.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- from the partly paywalled StatNews online newspaper, here is a summary of what to expect from any official WHO announcement on any changes in the pandemic status of COVID-19 ... which will probably not be released until Monday, January 30th:

www.statnews.com...

edit on 1/27/2023 by Uphill because: Added punctuation.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen --- validation of COVID-19 in-country data across the Earth has been a problem since the early days of 2000. Evidently, WHO and other global monitoring groups such as Pro-MED and Our World In Data are using a variety of other sources to validate all reported "data" globally. Both WHO and Pro-MED also make use of powerful statistical tools that are forward-looking and can make assessments on incoming reports which appear to deviate in major ways from "expected" patterns.

And how does that make "accuracy" any more accurate and trustworthy so Governments can design effective policies?

Or is this more like 90% economic and social control?

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen --- I can forward this question about accuracy to the independent CIDRAP non-profit group in Minnesota, USA, for their reply back.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- sorry, folks, about the dead link in the OP for this thread, but I'm now beyond the maximum time ATS allocates for post editing, so I can't fix it ... anyway, the only fix for this dead link (which WHO removed from online for unknown reasons) is to read the StatNews link, which does quote some from Dr. Tedros's opening remarks at that meeting.

posted on Jan, 27 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- in yesterday's (January 26th) podcast from US research epidemiologist Dr. Michael Osterholm, PhD, MD, on the question of the accuracy of pandemic data recently reported for China, he says in part, "We are basically seeing the virus burning through China's population with ease. China's now in bad shape." Further on, he states, "Official numbers being reported publicly are likely bogus." ... "Still, without any systematic data, it's almost impossible to know exactly how big the problem is."

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- Quotes from WHO press statement on Monday, January 30, 2023:

www.msn.com... 29a54608bc6979ceccbc53dd

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill --- here is a more comprehensive update from Fortune magazine on this morning's continued pandemic announcement from WHO:

fortune.com... -health-emergency-international-concern/

top topics

join