It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costco with Apartments on Top

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.costar.com...

New Costco Design With Apartments Overhead Has Property Brokers Buzzing

Love me some Costco, and I appreciate that a store this big would use vertical space…..but……..

Anyone else find it weird that a store that is made specifically for BULK buying would have apartments on top?
I’m not saying people in apartments can’t bulk buy, but my guess that is NOT Costcos target audience.

To me it would make sense for apartments to be on top of an IKEA, or Whole Foods.

Also makes me this is this the next wave of housing, apartments on top of Costco’s, Sam’s and Walmarts?……

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.costar.com...

New Costco Design With Apartments Overhead Has Property Brokers Buzzing

Love me some Costco, and I appreciate that a store this big would use vertical space…..but……..

Anyone else find it weird that a store that is made specifically for BULK buying would have apartments on top?
I’m not saying people in apartments can’t bulk buy, but my guess that is NOT Costcos target audience.

To me it would make sense for apartments to be on top of an IKEA, or Whole Foods.

Also makes me this is this the next wave of housing, apartments on top of Costco’s, Sam’s and Walmarts?……

Perfect base come the zombie apocalypse.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Reminds me of several decades ago when the factories used to essentially build towns around the factories for the employees. I wonder if employees get a discount on housing.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

Reminds me of several decades ago when the factories used to essentially build towns around the factories for the employees. I wonder if employees get a discount on housing.

We all know what happens to those towns when the factories go under.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

all about the dollar, charge high rent and guarantee customers who only have to ride a elevator down to the ground floor for shopping without ever going more than a 1/8 of a mile away from home.

just some greedy bastards trying to make some big bucks.

ETA: also it's a good idea for packing people into high density population areas with out raising to much suspicion.
Oh the evil Minds of the Worlders. wonder if klaus and bill have investments in these type properties.

edit on 26-1-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

My Concern if you were an employee would be that you would be taken advantage of easily. "Oh you can pick up this shift you don't have a commute" Hey we just got a freezer alarm can you run down and see if the door is open and if not can you wait for the repair tech?"

Not picking up enough hours, ooh we may have to raise your rent

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog
a reply to: BernnieJGato

My Concern if you were an employee would be that you would be taken advantage of easily. "Oh you can pick up this shift you don't have a commute" Hey we just got a freezer alarm can you run down and see if the door is open and if not can you wait for the repair tech?"

Not picking up enough hours, ooh we may have to raise your rent

Also who wants an employer to know what you are doing 24/7.
There is a good reason for separation of work and personal life.
A lot of people cross that threshold themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I worked for Costco yeeeeeeaars ago. The pay then was 10 dollars more than I was currently working as a medic. (Needed as seasonal extra cash)

I always thought about the times I worked at The Ski Resorts for the National Ski Patrol, The resorts provided living quarters for us.

Point, right...

It was discussed among us then at Costco, that some were transferring to Maui for a new Costco grand opening. Nobody could afford the cost of living then... I also was already on a 60 year waiting list for EMS, FIRE and local hospital.

The idea was for Costco to build apartments adjacent to the property. Above Costco would work. But Costco likes to take advantage of natural light from sky lights.

Long story short, they took the job opening a new Costco in Detroit...

Haven't heard from them since.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Costco will be an anchor for other smaller businesses to pop up. Ive seen this work where a Costco was built next to a couple of apartment buildings now land that was used for low-end housing has high-end apartments and the whole area around it is booming. Well till COVID but even then as people didn't go out as much, they still hit those places nearby.

but I'm no doubt biased when I bought stuff for our business, it saved so much time and money. If I started a retail business you could do a lot worse than having a location near Costco.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I would hate it. The congestion. The noise. The smells. Blech.

You always find such great topics!

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I guess they saw Idiocracy and found that the look of all the bidonville around it made Costco look bad.

It will look cleaner growing upwards rather than laterally... Electrolytes will be cheaper there anyways, so...

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

I know JAGStorm always brings something topical and interesting to the table.

but yes I can see the value on the one hand but the convenience isn't worth it, I prefer a cabin in the mountains and a monthly delivery and I be perfectly fine.

But living above Costco and being the greeter till I croak is more likely at this point, LOL.

One time I stopped at Costco with my daughters and they could never decide on what they wanted for dinner. Anyway, we were there and were checking out and asked them where do you'll want to go for dinner. The oldest said she was tired of driving and let's just get something here.

It worked great they got a pizza slice or two and I got a hot dog and we preceded to laugh and get silly and have a blast people-watching for about an hour and a half.

I could do it I think for a little bit, besides those are damn good hotdogs.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

We see a few like that here in Ann Arbor, Royal Oak, ok town Hamtramck. Just a good use on brick n mortar street space.

I'm sure it's normal in a lot of small town America.

Stay good J! Best

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The one here would be great for apartments. It's at the top of a hill and would have fabulous views of the glacier and other mountains plus in an area that would be super quiet at night as there are car dealerships, college, hospital and golf courses around it.

Other than the creepy WEF and friends plans for forced super density, I don't think it's a bad idea. I always liked the british high streets with the flats above. Pubs and shops were convenient, people friendly.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

But living above Costco and being the greeter till I croak is more likely at this point, LOL.

That would be the second question.
Would Costco employees even be able to afford to live there?

We have a Costco and newer apartments in the same shopping complex. The small apartments are more than my mortgage.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Speaking of living /working complexes.

I was at a grocery store I normally don’t go to.
It is very fancy. There is a bar inside and people were
Drinking wine like they were at a club.

Something just struck me as very odd. I’m buying my Brussels sprouts as these people are drinking their cares away.
I’m shopping for toilet paper, as they pour their third glass. Maybe we are mixing things that shouldn’t be mixed?

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's happening!

How is this movie that prophetic?

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

OMG the Starbucks, that’s HILARIOUS!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: shaemac

It worked great they got a pizza slice or two and I got a hot dog and we preceded to laugh and get silly and have a blast people-watching for about an hour and a half.

I could do it I think for a little bit, besides those are damn good hotdogs.

I have such fond memories of doing just this with my kids when they were little. Then when they were teens one of them could make his rude music play really loud on some of the unboxed speakers... just for a few seconds but we'd end up laughing our butts off watching people swing in circles trying to find the source of the sound. Costco was so surreal that it was tons of fun. And good hotdogs.

posted on Jan, 26 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Sounds like the first step in the self contained mega-cities in the last Judge Dredd movie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join