It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your New Threat and It's a Superfungus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
So, a new threat and it's an exotic fungi:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A Superfungus that is truly weird.

"Fungal pathogens are a major threat to public health as they are becoming increasingly common and resistant to treatment, with only four classes of antifungal medicines currently available,” says the health agency. “Most fungal pathogens lack rapid and sensitive diagnostics and those that exist are not widely available or affordable globally.”

Dr Hanan Balkhy, WHO assistant director-general, antimicrobial resistance, adds: “Fungal infections are growing, and are ever more resistant to treatments, becoming a public health concern worldwide.”

There is more.

""Zombie Ants" and scary stuff.

"If you type ‘zombie ants’ into a search engine you should brace yourself for a nasty surprise. You’ll find videos showing the industrious little critters becoming possessed, controlled and ultimately torn apart by a fungus called Cordyceps.

Its spores do not kill immediately; instead they seize control of the ant from within, marching them up trees and shoots to where there is light and warmth enough for the fungus to multiply. Finally, in scenes reminiscent of the sci-fi film Alien, the fungus bursts from the ant’s exhausted corpse, raining fresh spores onto its healthy colleagues below.

In this way, a single zombie worker ant can be used by the cunning Cordyceps fungus to wipe out an entire colony. "

edit on 24-1-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

There's a fungus among us

apologizes just trying to be a fungi

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Im not trying to brag or act tough but I have survived 10 end of the worlds

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Ever hear of Taxoplasma Gondii, as a cat person I probably have it, it's a tiny parasite that infects Mice, takes away there fear and makes them not afraid of cat's, the cats then catch and eat the mice and become infected, they then give it to there owners probably why we think the cute serial miller and torturer of countless mice is so cute and the parasite eventually makes it's way back to the mice after colonizing everyone brain along the way.

It's usually regarded as harmless in humans but not always.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am sure Big pharma already has another mRna jab ready for when we all be invaded by the fungi boogey man.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes, I have.

My dear departed cat Jones (named after Ripley's cat in Alien) toddled down the end of our garden and a mouse literally jumped into his mouth.

So, agreed.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Isn't this "The Last of Us" going on now on HBOMax?

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't know if you know, there's a new post-apocaliptic HBO series "The last of us" and it's exactly about that. Superfungus (cordyceps) destroyed/took over majority of population on earth and it's controlling people the same way it's controlling those ants... Makes you wonder if that's really our destiny...

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Well seeing that fungi like things a bit more chill, its pretty convenient that the human body temperature is decreasing.

Have you guys heard about the one that uses Psilocybin to control cicadas?
edit on 24-1-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, but it may be a thing?

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:04 PM
link   

There is also another fungus similar to that I think we have it here in the UK that infects moth's, makes them climb a or high place then dies and grows out of there body's, I have heard of others that infect caterpillars etc but this one you mention is new to me in how it can infect an entire colony.

Still we need the three kingdoms or the world would be full of the waste left by the other two.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yep. May I be the first to welcome our new fungi overlords?

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I used to quite regularly and still do.

Beer and Bread thanks to our little friend yeast.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
www.fs.usda.gov...#:~:text=Pando%20is%20believed%20to%20be,of%20the%20last%20ice%20age.

Blimey!

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The book Cold Storage by Jurassic Park screenwriter David Koepps has a similar set up. A hardy fungi forms out in space on a rocket part that falls short back to earth. It infects hosts who are driven to climb to their highest surrounding point where it then bursts free.

Considering different fungi also have the underground web, that help trees and other creatures to sympathetically communicate, it’s got to be the closest thing what we think of non-human alien lifeform on Earth.

Edit, I see OldCarpy beat me to it
edit on 24/1/2023 by firesnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Interesting.

I must admit that I couldn't get my head round that spore drive thing in that latest Star Trek spin off series?

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I’ve not seen that yet but I’m about to put on The Last of Us on a free sub to NowTV. The first episode gave me my first ‘horror’ nightmare for a looong time.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So they are getting ides from video games now? 'The last of us' which is also a TV series now. Pure propaganda folks!

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake

I’ve not seen that yet but I’m about to put on The Last of Us on a free sub to NowTV. The first episode gave me my first ‘horror’ nightmare for a looong time.

Just take revenge and kill your nightmares get a very hit bowl of cream of mushroom soup (I used to love condensed Campbells though you had to add water - great for basting a chicken with as well if you keep it as it is from the tin and just rub it all over the chicken before you roast it - but depends on where you are), some crusty bread cut off thick and heavily buttered to dip in and watch the next episode.

And Hey Ilikesecrets the game drew on a real fungus known about for years that affects the much tinier and simpler brains of insects but outside of the nervous system fungus DO make some very incredible and intricate connections and symbiotic relationship's with plant's and also animal's.

So not propaganda at all.

There are three kingdoms (There are more than that if you add Bacteria which makes four), the Plant, the Fungal and the Animal kingdoms, they often have symbiotic relationships between all three (four) kingdoms, by calling them kingdoms they really mean that inside each subset of life on earth there are many species.

edit on 24-1-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

There's a fungus among us

apologizes just trying to be a fungi

GET OUT!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join