It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you support Elon Musk buying farmland so China and Bill Gates can’t get it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
my answer would be ”はい″
That means " yes " I do.

But I think he maybe too late in the game.
One reason, in many States one can not leave farm land unattended.
If I were to be very wealthy I would buy land and grow what edibles are suitable for the soil.

Here is a twitter about it.
Do you support Elon Musk buying farmland so China and Bill Gates can’t get it?

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No I support farmland being for sale for farmers. Not rich moguls.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:57 AM
link   

How does that profit me or you, or anyone other than Musk?

LOL. Gullible.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I agree, but that being said I do wonder if Musk will buy up farmland and automate it. That would go a long way in dropping prices in the stores.
edit on 24-1-2023 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

No I support farmland being for sale for farmers. Not rich moguls.

I think it is more about... do you want Gates or Chinese citizens with dual citizenship to be buying up available farmland ?

That is why I said I would agree with Musk dealing in the farmland. Being from corn country, Illinois, I hated two things.
1. The farmland being cemented over. We've all seen the results of that .
2. Being in the Real Estate business, I didn't mind selling to the Taiwanese since they held some productive loyalty toward the American culture. ( they too held 2 passports ) They also got into special vegetables used in the oriental market and restaurants. But in California, the Chinese nationals were buying everything they could in the high desert in San Bernardino area.
edit on 0100000040052023-01-24T02:05:40-06:00054001am2 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   

My opinion is especially in Australia, we need to have a leader with a war like mentality, snd rebuild independent manufacturing.

If an impose high tariffs on imported products, to force companies to rebuild manufacturing plant’s in Australia, rebuild skills.

And with Elon controlling masses of farm land, is questionable, as a megalomaniac would have a monopoly on prices of fresh produce.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

My opinion is especially in Australia, we need to have a leader with a war like mentality, snd rebuild independent manufacturing.

If an impose high tariffs on imported products, to force companies to rebuild manufacturing plant’s in Australia, rebuild skills.

And with Elon controlling masses of farm land, is questionable, as a megalomaniac would have a monopoly on prices of fresh produce.

Here we have a system call " Japan Agriculture '. Seems to me they keep the farmers poor. Most sell to JA due to if bad weather, JA pays for crop damage. The thing is, in the past prices were stable, other then fruits which even today are horribly expensive, and now we have inflationary prices every dang time new shipments come to the grocery store. So believing one corporation can control prices, its a yes and no answer.

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Land is the only "real" asset anyone can own. Well, not anyone; apparently only the mega wealthy can own land as these folks do.

What will they do with it? Do we just accept what they claim? It kind of doesn't matter what they claim... once it's their 'property.'

When the globe falls into the hands of a single political cabal of control, will some "private" property be protected? While mortgage holders can't shake their liens? Many people 'think' they own land... until 'the man' comes knocking.

It kind of makes me think of the robber who steals 100 dollars from you, as an act of charity... because someone was going to come along and steal 50 dollars from you later... so he 'protected' you by making that impossible. What a hero.

top topics

join