It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top FBI 'Russiagate' Official Arrested For Colluding With Russian Oligarch: DOJ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Top FBI 'Russiagate' Official Arrested For Colluding With Russian Oligarch: DOJ

A former top FBI counterintelligence official - in fact, the guy who received the tip that supposedly kicked off the Trump-Russia investigation - has been arrested and charged with violating US sanctions on Russia by taking secret payments from a Russian oligarch in order to investigate another oligarch.

Charles McGonigal, the former head of counterintelligence for the FBI’s New York office.Greatdecisions.tv
Federal prosecutors in Manhattan charged Charles McGonigal, former special agent in charge of the FBI's New York counterintelligence desk, with taking secret payments from Oleg V. Deripaska - which violated US sanctions by agreeing to help the Russian billionaire, who himself was indicted last year on sanctions charges. McGonical notably retired in 2018...

I see that he retired in 2018. Perhaps that is also telling.

According to his lawyer, "Charlie served the United States capably, effectively, for decades," adding "We have closely reviewed the accusations made by the government and we look forward to receiving discovery so we can get a view on what the evidence is upon which the government intends to rely."

McGonigal was the FBI's recipient of the fake tip from Alexander Downer that supposedly started the Trump/Russia investigation.

He was also involved in the fake Carter Page ("Crossfire Dragon") investigation. t.co... pic.twitter.com/tGjDL5zFq6

— Hans Mahncke (@HansMahncke) January 23, 2023
Former colleagues who worked closely with McGonigal were reportedly 'shocked' at his arrest.

"Russia, Russia, Russia" they cried as they abused their authority, wasted time, and obfuscated the facts....

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

now, arrest the other 90% who collude against this country's citizens on a daily basis.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TooMuchTimeAndResearch

Sadly, that might be 3/4th's of the government and 4/5ths of the civil service.

You know what? It might be worth it, considering the rate at which they are letting us down.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   
No Trump still?

Guys come on, give up the ghost its been 6 and a half YEARS already.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TooMuchTimeAndResearch

now, arrest the other 90% who collude against this country's citizens on a daily basis.

And arrest all of the media mouth pieces that kept repeating the lie ad nauseum without any real journalistic investigation. I'd love to see charges leveled against CNN and MSNB as a whole too.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I have a cop out answer....

The media we think of as "news" is not "journalistic" ... it's marketing now, not news... they are entertainers... scripted, directed, produced.

It was wrong of us all to accept that they were 'journalists" when they openly admitted that they were entertainers long ago. Now we just want to punish them for not being what they never said they were.

Media 'for sale' is all it is now. They lie? Well, did we actually expect them not to lie... and if so, why? They work for their owners; they thrive because of where their money comes from. "Any facts can sell ... once they're polished to say what we want them to say."

edit on 1/23/2023 by Maxmars because: Because I'm not perfect

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

the CIA has been telling the news agencies what to say for decades. they even have ex-CIA agents as newscasters. its so in your face, its hard not to see that the corrupted government agencies have infested everything and manipulating the masses to their destruction. We have a huge domestic terrorism problem, and nobody is doing anything about.
edit on 23-1-2023 by TooMuchTimeAndResearch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TooMuchTimeAndResearch

Hog tie em all... This has gone on long enough.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Islandparty

After decades of research and seeing the world for what it really is, I've given up trying to do anything about it and decided this is a judgment God will take care of. I value eternity rather than my small amount of time here.

posted on Jan, 23 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It wasn’t a lie it was a comical reiteration of events for entertainment purposes. Who’s entertainment? Why everyone’s entertainment!

posted on Jan, 25 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Charles McGonigal is likely the token fall guy put in place to show underlying corruption and political biases are tackled. But, of course, nothing changes in the FBI's conduct toward politicians and other elected officials.

new topics

top topics

join