It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the infection fatality rate (IFR) of Covid 19 now?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

a reply to: ScepticScot

The IFR of Covid-19 is around 0.15% and not as much as you get to present it so to support your beliefs and ideology.

Back to this again.

You still haven't answered why the UK would consider the demographics of Afghanistan for its covid policies.

I am not the one who brought up the cases of Afghanistan. And I don't even know the demographics of this country. Your question isn't relevant here. You can answer it for me if you want.

IFR of Covid-19 is around 0.15%. Regardless of the attempts made to present it as much higher.

The question in the OP is clear. It never asked what the local IFRs are or the IFRs per age group. It asked what the global average IFR is and this is simple.

It was 0.15% now is even smaller than the Flu.

You really don't ger the point do you.

Global IFR doesn't natter for policy decisions in individual countries.

Even if .15% is accurate (doubtfull) its largely irrelevant.

The OP asked about the global average IFR and what it is now.

You are trying to go somewhere else to deflect and inflate even the local IFRs to support your beliefs for the ludicrous lockdowns that are now responsible for for many of the deaths you see in the UK.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Conclusions

All systematic evaluations of seroprevalence data converge that SARS-CoV-2 infection is widely spread globally. Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across

A combination of high levels of immunity and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza for the vast majority of people in England, according to a Financial Times analysis of official

Not my opinions though. More like facts.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

Sigh. Of course. I forgot that you are the sole arbiter on reality.

Carry on.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sigh. Of course. I forgot that you are the sole arbiter on reality.

Carry on.

The first paragraph is from a peer reviewed publication from Dr John Ioannidis at Stanford. The second is from the Financial Times.

So not my opinions as you said.
edit on 30-1-2023 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So, you don't have "opinions"?!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The IFR of Covid-19 is around 0.15% and not as much as you get to present it so to support your beliefs and ideology.

Back to this again.

You still haven't answered why the UK would consider the demographics of Afghanistan for its covid policies.

I am not the one who brought up the cases of Afghanistan. And I don't even know the demographics of this country. Your question isn't relevant here. You can answer it for me if you want.

IFR of Covid-19 is around 0.15%. Regardless of the attempts made to present it as much higher.

The question in the OP is clear. It never asked what the local IFRs are or the IFRs per age group. It asked what the global average IFR is and this is simple.

You are trying to go somewhere else to deflect and inflate even the local IFRs to support your beliefs for the ludicrous lockdowns that are now responsible for for many of the deaths you see in the UK.

The OP mentions figures from the UK. Not global IFR.

It's seems its you that's deflecting.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The question in the OP is clear.

"What is the infection fatality rate (IFR) of Covid 19 now?"

Nowhere in the title is asking what is the local IFR in England and Wales ot the UK.

Although the answer to the question what is the IFR now is already given

A combination of high levels of immunity and the reduced severity of the Omicron variant has rendered Covid-19 less lethal than influenza for the vast majority of people in England, according to a Financial Times analysis of official

Not only in England but pretty much everywhere Omicron variants and the immunity in the population has made it no more severe than the flu.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Back to this again.

Nowhere in the title is asking what is the local IFR in England and Wales ot the UK.

Not only in England but pretty much everywhere Omicron variants and the immunity in the population has made it no more severe than the flu.

First 2 paragraphs of OP.

From the U.K. Office of National Statistics (ONS):
www.ons.gov.uk... ber2022

For the week ending 9th December 2022:
"In England, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 1,197,200 (95% credible interval: 1,135,000 to 1,263,900), equating to 2.20% of the population (an increase from 2.01% in the previous week), or around 1 in 45 people."

Pretty sure that makes UK figures relevant.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Back to this again.

"In England, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 1,197,200 (95% credible interval: 1,135,000 to 1,263,900), equating to 2.20% of the population (an increase from 2.01% in the previous week), or around 1 in 45 people."

The OP doesn't ask what is the infection fatality rate in England and Wales or in the UK

The question is clear

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The OP doesn't ask what is the infection fatality rate in England and Wales or in the UK

The question is clear

I quoted the text showing he was talking about the UK.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The question is clear

He could be a UK resident but the question is very different. And it has been answered.

IFR about 0.15%
Now around the same IFR of the Flu or even less.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The question is clear

He could be a UK resident but the question is very different. And it has been answered.

IFR about 0.15%

1 study gave that.

The rate clearly varies between countries.

Current rate may be comparable to flu, however its still a lot more contagious.

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The question is clear

IFR about 0.15%

1 study gave that.

IFR about 0.15%
Now around the same IFR of the Flu or even less

This matter has been concluded

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The question is clear

IFR about 0.15%

1 study gave that.

IFR about 0.15%

0.15% was not accurate for developed nations.

You haven't actually shown what it is now.

ETA actually given how repetitive you have made this thread let's just go with concluded.
edit on 30-1-2023 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Back to this again.

The question is clear

IFR about 0.15%

1 study gave that.

IFR about 0.15%

0.15% was not accurate for developed nations.

You haven't actually shown what it is now.

0.15% is the global average IFR
That covers the average and it is what it is...i.e an average.

According to this super logic the global average won't cover most counties given the deviations in local IFRs.

If you wanted to discuss the IFR locally then you should have made a thread of your own.

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join