It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you own CHICKENS? If so, is this happening to yours?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

I'm as part of a large chicken group. It was reported (there) when feeding Tractor Supply chicken feed (Producer's Pride) people's chickens stopped laying.

When the hen's feed was changed to another brand of layer/scratch? Within a short time the hens were back to laying.

Tractor Supply Chicken Feed Reportedly Causing Egglaying to Stop

Hens do lay fewer eggs in the winter time due to reduced sunlight. Farmers have often used a light to expose hens to longer light so as to produce more egg-laying. Yet farmer sources report that they are seeing a much-greater-than-normal reduction in egg production, to the point where many report that hens are laying zero eggs instead of merely a reduced laying frequency.

The article goes on to say there's no word if the hens were temporarily or permanently effected by the bad feed. I know for a fact, the hens were not. Put on 'good feed' the eggs are rolling!

peace

edit on 2338Tuesday202313 by silo13 because: spacing

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

My brothers chicken started laying again when he stopped feeding his the Puritan's Pride, but they also free range and get supplements.

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

It was all rotted?

Your bright bulb thinks that we would put rotted bird seed in a feeder. No, we didn't. It was in a plastic sealed bird feed container bought at TSC. After six months it began to rot inside that plastic container in use since 2010. I dumped it all on the shore line in a pile. It smelled like sheet and rotted.

Did I not write my thread properly?

posted on Jan, 31 2023 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

One guy reckons the chicks are vaccinated , and their immune system is stuffed, so when they sicken and die they call it bird flu. But whether true or not it is gaining more traction. A lot are saying Mrna has
been added to the feed.

posted on Feb, 1 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

My wife works in the broiler industry. They "harvest" over 500,000 chickens a day. I am not so sure about this video but that the egg sector which is totally different from the broiler sector.

I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Maybe that explains this. ???????

Jan. 24 article by News Punch shows a headline with a seemingly dire warning about eggs.

"Scientists warn eggs are causing thousands of people to 'suddenly' form blood clots," reads the headline.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Haven't heard any mention of this in the UK but it seems an interesting one. Eggs have got a lot more expensive and a few warnings have been issued over potential lack of eggs due to bird flu - the shelves are still fully stocked though.

I don't keep them at the moment but egg laying was usually at a minimum this time of year due to short daylight hours and colder temperatures.

It's best to make sure they have access to a lot of grit (crushed sea shells) and the odd kitchen scraps (to make up for lack of bugs/fruit/veg they'd normally get in summer.

With these reports being so seemingly widespread amongst seasoned US chicken owners it seems seperate from the natural decrease. It would be very interesting to see lab results of feed tests - it could be the quality of feed has been decreased for profit making or altered to prevent egg laying

From a UK/European perspective the US puts an awful lot of additives and chemicals into animals and feed that are banned over here - it would be interesting to see how US free range hens compare to US battery and US egg laying rates compared to European to try and isolate the issue.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

It was all rotted?

Your bright bulb thinks that we would put rotted bird seed in a feeder. No, we didn't. It was in a plastic sealed bird feed container bought at TSC. After six months it began to rot inside that plastic container in use since 2010. I dumped it all on the shore line in a pile. It smelled like sheet and rotted.

Did I not write my thread properly?

Wow... that's crazy!

How many birds do you have, two or three?
Six months is a long time for chicken feed to sit around. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I am sorry your suffering from

Dyslexia

Now all you have to do is RH click the mouse

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackArrow
a reply to: shaemac

Dude, Chickens don't lay eggs in Winter...

Dude... it ain't that, you didn't even bother to doa little bit of research.

This isn't a CT. This is for real. The question is, is it intentional by the manufacturer of the affected chicken feed.

Just another reason to never, ever trust large corporations, and be as self-sufficient as possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Another Update, our hens are laying an egg a day each. We have a rooster and let him go to town, we’ve got at least a dozen eggs in the incubator and we just candled them. They all have veins now. Looking good now after changing feed.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Oh my...
They are killing our chickens

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join