It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Kicked Out of Florida Restaurant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"We don't serve your kind around here."

It's a bit like the part in Star Wars where the droids get kicked out, and it has happened before to people like Tucker or Trump Admin officials. Now it has happened to a young Fox News contributor. He met some friends at a small local restaurant in North Miami for breakfast and they were talking. Well, it seems someone else in the restaurant that morning overheard their discussion and decided to kick them out.

Their politics did not align, see. This guy is conservative.

The kicker is that he is also black.

The best part is their online mission statement about practicing harm reduction and welcoming marginalized folks. No forms of intolerance are permitted ... unless you are conservative, and then it doesn't matter what all else from our statement may apply to you because nothing else matters.

So you had a white leftist female restaurant owner kicking out a young black man for being conservative. How about those optics?

We don't serve your kind in here ...
edit on 22-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The left have always been the party of racism and hate.

Nothing new there.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The best part is their online mission statement about practicing harm reduction and welcoming marginalized folks. No forms of intolerance are permitted ... unless you are conservative, and then it doesn't matter what all else from our statement may apply to you because nothing else matters.

That's the whole motto of the era.
No hate except for those who don't agree with your narrative. No discrimination unless it's against those who disagree, so on and so forth.

People are becoming increasingly divisive. Excessive consumption of news media along with excessive internet interaction coupled with lazy parenting brought this show to a theater near you. Or... at least... amplified an already existing weakness in human society.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Unfortunately for the Florida Restaurant owner.

They dont have the kind of authority to kick anyone out of a Restaurant/establishments over their religion, politics.

No forms of intolerance are permitted ... unless you are conservative

That Restaurant owner just ruined their code of honor when it comes "No forms of intolerance"

I dont believe the Restaurant will hold out well in the court if some decides to sue the Restaurant owner over this.
edit on 22-1-2023 by vNex92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I guess its like those bakeries that wont bake LBGTQ wedding cakes for certain couples. You can refuse of course....beliefs n all... but it really is in the best interests of your business to benefit from tolerance.*

*went to wedding, same sex couple...most of the hundred or so were straight...n that cake guy shoulda realized all the potential business he could have had!

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
But isn't it 'intolerant' to kick anyone out of the restaurant for their views??

edit on 22-1-2023 by RonnieJersey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

He did offer them premade cakes. They wanted custom. He tried redirecting them to others who could have done the job (i.e. giving up the business to others), but at that point, they were just pissed he wouldn't make them a custom cake. That's what the whole fight was over.

If you want to say he was intolerant? Well, so were they.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Obviously he has a right to be totally pissed about being kicked out of a restaurant because of he’s political views.

But I mean, bringing race into it when it clearly had nothing to do with that is just pathetic.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'd guess to say, they lost more than him as a customer.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It's the optics.

White woman kicking out a black man because she's discriminating against him. Does it matter why? It's basically the same. She can't handle him being different than her. No more; no less. Unless he and his party were being actually disruptive in some way or loudly broadcasting their views, there is no issue. She had to eavesdrop on what they were saying in order to find out that they weren't "her kind" and toss them.

Let's put it this way. I regularly eat lunch at a coffee shop that has killer brew and out of site bread. It is hardly conservative, but that's fine. They aren't rubbing my face in it. Since my hair is purple atm, they probably assume I'm "their kind" to some extent. At any rate, I sat next to a table where a clearly trans person was doing some kind of online consultancy work via bluetooth/facetime or something - Zoom maybe, but they were advising a client who was also trans. These two were athletes, and male to female, which, as you probably know if you pay attention, is an issue that makes my blood boil. Males have no business competing against women.

But unlike this chick, even though I could clearly hear this convo taking place, it was not my place to get all uppity and offended even though I was angry to hear this person advising another person on the best tactics to use to get into races and win ... over regular, biological women ... as a non-woman. Unlike this chick, I can handle my sh!t and not have to get involved no matter how ticked I might get.
edit on 22-1-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The restaurant needs to be charged with a hate crime 😎🐇

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I want to hear the restaurant owner's side of this...exactly what was the conversation that she could hear and probably everyone else there.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Miami is the San Fran of Florida. This does not surprise me. We may have a great governor but the state in it's urban areas, Orlando/Tampa/Miami are very liberal. St Pete is insane.

Wonder if he got a free meal out of it for him and his friends?

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sounds like a good place to schedule a campaign strategy meeting…then roll video for the lulz.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I want to hear the restaurant owner's side of this...exactly what was the conversation that she could hear and probably everyone else there.

And? When you go out to eat, you are going to hear snatches of the conversations at other tables. It is unavoidable. I already wrote about one instance above where I was offended by what I overheard.

What gives you character as a human being and, yes, tolerance is the ability to realize when something is actually nunya and not impacting you except that you don't like it. So you do your best *not* to hear it because that's the polite thing to do. There are very few subjects worthy of stepping in, but they would be about things that cross the line into actual crimes, not just *thought* crimes as the left defines them.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The left have always been the party of racism and hate.

Nothing new there.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

A democrat practicing racism.

Shocked face.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

So.

You're against free speech.

Noice.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

He mentioned FoxNews....

So then I stood up, I walked out and so did the rest of my group. Now, here’s what we were talking about that was so problematic for this lady who happens to be white, I believe. I was talking to them, as they were getting to know me for the first time, about Fox News. They said how do you like you know working over at Fox News? Talking to them about my values. They said, are you a conservative? I said, yes.

In fact, I have a book called Taken For Granted: How conservatism can win back the Americans liberalism failed. I talked to them about my brother. In fact, I was on Capitol Hill, just the other week, talking to members of Congress about violent crime in America and trying to get justice for my brother and other victims of violent crime. I also talked about progressive DAs and how they are exacerbating crime across the country.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Being Black & Conservative makes Progressives Lose their minds.

You can bet they will swear that there was nothing wrong with discriminating against this man as this black man was a white supremist conservative.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join