It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Midjourney - I Dove In - My results

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So, Midjourney opened up their AI to the pubic (finally).

I am a graphic artist (of the real kind - Illustrator/Photoshop), but I saw the creations people were making and thought it was super cool and wanted to give it a shot for FUN. Art is rather subjective and so is how people view technology and where it is headed.

For those who don't know

What is Midjourney
Midjourney is a research lab that explores new mediums of thought. Their goal is to expand the imaginative powers of the human species.
What we are talking about here is Midjourney’s interactive bot. It uses machine learning to create pictures based on text.

This type of art, you don't need to know how to draw or paint, nor how to use any software outside of creating a discord account and getting to the proper channel and using a prompt. All you need is a good imagination and technology does the rest for you.

You get 14 free creations, then there is a subscription. I have not yet decided if I will subscribe as I can see myself becoming addicted and it's not like I have hours of free time where I have nothing to do. But I loved it. I loved seeing what other people created with a series of words. I loved seeing what was created from the words I decided to use. My 14 freebies were gone fast as I was so submersed in this new 'toy'.

With that said, I have very conflicting feelings on this technology. Some of the results are so real - it is almost impossible to tell if a creation is a photograph of an actual object or person.....or, fake. And that is where the danger lies.

Here are a few of mine. By no means are they great - especially compared to those who have been doing this since it's inception. This was all new to me and I just jumped in and had no idea what I was doing. LOL

Using the words: 3d, realistic, hell, end times, capitol, washington dc, dark

Using the words: 3d, realistic, end times, capitol, washington dc, dark

Using the words: 3d, realistic, 4 horsemen, revelation, capitol, washington dc, dark

Using the words: Make America Great Again

Using the words: Texas country road, cowboy riding horse, longhorns, cactus, dark storm

Using the words (lol): Tropical island, unicorn mermaid

Anyways, that is my review of Midjourney.

If you are interested, here is the link to their discord: MIDJOURNEY and THEIR HOW TO

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I messed without a bit a week or two back and got some decent results which I'd post if ATS wasn't so unweildly for image posting.

Anyway, it's a cool tool. I got some good results with my kids.

EDIT: OK, I'll put in a little effort. These were my daughters prompts. Something like 'Troll standing in an enchanted forest in front of his hollowed out tree'. Something like that. I'd need to check.

This was my prompt for an old victorian London street in the style of cyber punk.

edit on 21-1-2023 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

XL5

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It would be great if they just allowed everyone to type stuff in and limit it to 5 per day. The ones that do that however give me a garbled mess.

That said, please type into it John Conner, the T-800 riding a roller coaster or The Goonies in the future/sci-fi.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

OMG

Thanks

Will comment when I get my jaw back.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Pretty cool. How much effort did you put into creating each one? I haven't used midjourney but i want to. Was it just inputing words or did you have to do more tinkering to get your deseried result?

Secondly, do you think these AI programs end up producing reptitive images or are they consistently unique?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well that was one of the most exiting few hours this old artist has had in ages....

"cosy cave house in a hillside next to river cartoon isometric garden bridge lawn trees bushes animals fish birds magic nature pond"

"galactic fairy magic garden sphere glass stars space hero style"

"capital letter "P", chrome metal alien steampunk logo with bright reflections, nebula, garden, concept art ps1 style"

Will subscribe tommorrow and keep you updated.
edit on 22/1/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie
Pretty cool. How much effort did you put into creating each one? I haven't used midjourney but i want to. Was it just inputing words or did you have to do more tinkering to get your deseried result?

Secondly, do you think these AI programs end up producing reptitive images or are they consistently unique?

Thanks!

I literally just put in some words. I wanted something dark having to do with DC.
It is whatever your mind can come up with. I have seen some people write out an entire paragraph going into great detail. Then, others like me, just a few words.
It is so fun, IMO

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Well that was one of the most exiting few hours this old artist has had in ages....

"cosy cave house in a hillside next to river cartoon isometric garden bridge lawn trees bushes animals fish birds magic nature pond"

"galactic fairy magic garden sphere glass stars space hero style"

"capital letter "P", chrome metal alien steampunk logo with bright reflections, nebula, garden, concept art ps1 style"

Will subscribe tommorrow and keep you updated.

Those are awesome! That 2nd one is sooo pretty!

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
I messed without a bit a week or two back and got some decent results which I'd post if ATS wasn't so unweildly for image posting.

Anyway, it's a cool tool. I got some good results with my kids.

EDIT: OK, I'll put in a little effort. These were my daughters prompts. Something like 'Troll standing in an enchanted forest in front of his hollowed out tree'. Something like that. I'd need to check.

This was my prompt for an old victorian London street in the style of cyber punk.

These are amazing!!! Isnt it super cool? The possibilities are endless!!
I do think I will subscribe and use it as a way to relax.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turquosie

Thanks!

Also, they are constantly unique because it is based on whatever words are imputed. So whatever your thoughts are. I have so many ideas now. I mean, you could take a sentence or paragraph out of a book and see it come to life.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Very cool!

I find the "Make America Great Again" picture with the hats, interesting.

The realism is uncanny.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Where do I find the permissions info?

I did a quick glance a few days ago and the permissions list seemed a bit heavy and invasive. I wanted to take a deeper look at them but I can't find them now.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Here's a few more I'd done.

Evil satanic Biden on the cover of Time magazine:

And a bonus alien planet

edit on 22-1-2023 by RMFX1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Still blown away.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Yeah it's pretty damned cool. I'm thinking about subscribing.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
It would be great if they just allowed everyone to type stuff in and limit it to 5 per day. The ones that do that however give me a garbled mess.

That said, please type into it John Conner, the T-800 riding a roller coaster or The Goonies in the future/sci-fi.

Just try it out yourself for free. You get 20 (I think) free images or set of 4 images.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Where do I find the permissions info?

I did a quick glance a few days ago and the permissions list seemed a bit heavy and invasive. I wanted to take a deeper look at them but I can't find them now.

Are you on their channel? Go to the NEWBIE room and see if that works

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   

a reply to: nerbot

Yeah it's pretty damned cool. I'm thinking about subscribing.

I just did. I find it a great stress reliever!
.........but addicting. Ugh. lol

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I'm trying to find a reliable way to incorporate actual words.

The A.I. seems good with a single letter, but more than one and it gets creative and the letters get tangled or just ignored.

I may try creating some simple text, black on white, and use it as a photo sample. See whay happens eh?

The prog is still evolving so lots to look forward to and experiment with.

It gave me a dose of "Stendhal Syndrome" last night. Overwhelmed at what my eyes were actually looking at.

I covered them as I was calming down. lol

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Just try it out yourself for free. You get 20 (I think) free images or set of 4 images.

I got about 30 before it asked if I wanted to subscribe.

It works on computing time using the GPU. Quick pics of 4 variations cost 1 render unit and big pics take 3 render units to make.

Other settings cost more units.

Perhaps in time they will seperate the server into quick public pics more for fun and another setup for more serious users.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join