It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikki Haley teases a 2024 presidential run: 'We need to go in a new direction'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The biggest war monger, interventionist is planning for a 2024 election run.

According to the media reports Nikki Haley is teasing a 2024 presidential run

If you want WW3 to continue than Nikki Haley is someone who likely would allow escalations in Ukraine and Middle east to continue further more than now.

Nikki Haley teases a 2024 presidential run: 'We need to go in a new direction'

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vNex92

Is it me or does she somewhat look like the US President in 'Iron Sky'? The one who got all excited because she was sure to get reelected because of the war in her first term.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   

She needs a better slogan than "We Need a New Direction".

"No Malarky" was catchier.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Nikki Haley teases a 2024 presidential run

Is she even eligible ?

Nikki Haley was born to immigrant Indian Punjabi Sikh parents

Her father and her mother immigrated to the United States from Amritsar District, Punjab, India

Haley's parents moved to Canada after her father received a scholarship offer from the University of British Columbia. When her father received his PhD in 1969, he moved his family to South Carolina,

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Inside Baseball...

In the non-pretending world of GOPe conniving, scheming and Machievellian politics, both former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley and current Senator Tim Scott will be announcing their intention to run for the GOPe nomination in the near future.

This is not in doubt; their entry is assured.

The reason is very simple. The Club roadmap contains both timing and roles for each to play.

First, here’s Nikki encapsulated:
Continued here: theconservativetreehouse.com... rolina/

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   
She's DOA in the South, she's just looking to get a nice campaign chest for retirement.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chuckles55
She's DOA in the South, she's just looking to get a nice campaign chest for retirement.

She isn't eligible to run for POTUS.

Not that it means anything, anymore...

But, If she can get a healthy retirement fund, hey, go for it, lol.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Nikki Haley teases a 2024 presidential run

Is she even eligible ?

Nikki Haley was born to immigrant Indian Punjabi Sikh parents

Her father and her mother immigrated to the United States from Amritsar District, Punjab, India

Haley's parents moved to Canada after her father received a scholarship offer from the University of British Columbia. When her father received his PhD in 1969, he moved his family to South Carolina,

No.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Pretty sure if Nikki Haley couldn't run for President she wouldn't be hinting about running for President

FWIW

www.fitsnews.com...

According to Bledsoe, because Haley’s parents did not apply for U.S. citizenship until the fall of 1977 – almost seven years after she was born – the former ambassador is not a “natural born citizen” per the terms of Minor v. Happersett 88 U.S. 162 (1875).

“While we tremendously support the endeavors of the Nikki Haley, we must sadly admit that she could never get on the ballot for president or vice president of the United States due to Constitutional disqualification,” Bledsoe concluded.

Is he correct?
No.

While I have consistently editorialized against birthright citizenship, the fact remains that jus soli (“right of soil”) is firmly ensconced within the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside,” the amendment clearly states.

Haley was born as Nimrata Randhawa in Bamberg, South Carolina on January 20, 1972. Therefore, she is a citizen of the United States by right of birth – notwithstanding the citizenship status of her parents.

In 2009, an attempt was made to invalidate the 11 electoral votes narrowly won in the state of Indiana by former U.S. president Barack Obama. One of the legal arguments put forward in support of this attempt was disqualifying Obama from holding the office of president “because his father was a citizen of the United Kingdom.”

Addressing this issue in the case of Ankeny v. Governor, the Indiana supreme court did a deep dive into the birthright citizenship issue – exploring its roots in British common law dating back more than three centuries.

“The fundamental principle of the common law with regard to English nationality was birth within the allegiance,” the court noted. “The principle embraced all persons born within the king’s allegiance, and subject to his protection. ? Such allegiance and protection were mutual … and were not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance.”

Additionally, the court concluded jus soli was “in force in all the English colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the constitution as originally established.”

Therefore, the court concluded that “persons born within the borders of the United States are natural born citizens … regardless of the citizenship of their parents.”

I concur …

While there are many reasons not to vote for Nikki Haley in 2024 (or any other year), her constitutional ineligibility to run for president is not one of them. Under common law and the (amended) U.S. Constitution, Haley is a natural born citizen of the United States of America. As such, she is constitutionally eligible to seek – and hold – the office of president or vice president of our country.

Bledsoe’s assertion to the contrary is prima facie inaccurate …

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ummm...nope...Nikki Haley...is a McCain clone...She should never be anywhere near the Oval Office...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Someone I'm really interested to see if they run is Larry Hogan. He has a strong history of getting both parties to work together, he took his state from the 2nd poorest in the country to the 6th richest, and turned a $5 billion deficit into a $5 billion surplus. All while dealing with COVID.

I know a lot of people on here don't like him because he butted heads with Trump, but his track record is certainly appealing.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Ain’t gonna get a new direction with a textbook neocon.

I’m convinced they grow these people in tubes. It’s why they all think the same.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

Is she even eligible ?

Haley was born in Bamberg, South Carolina in 1972. jus soli (right of birthplace) and jus sanguinis (right of blood) a natural born citizen.

two links,

his article will explain the rules for jus soli citizenship, or citizenship by virtue of the place of birth, in the United States. With a limited exception for children of certain diplomatic officials, any person who is born in the United States gains citizenship at birth. Because this applies regardless of the immigration status of the parents, the United States has extremely generous citizenship acquisition laws in this regard. In this article, we will look at the United States Constitution, important case law, statutes, and regulations to examine how jus soli citizenship in the United States works.
Introduction: Jus Soli Citizenship in the United States

and information given out in U,S, Embasies, this one is from the Netherlands,

In addition to the naturalization process, the United States recognizes the U.S. citizenship of individuals according to two fundamental principles: jus soli (right of birthplace) and jus sanguinis (right of blood). The 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees citizenship at birth to almost all individuals born in the United States or in U.S. jurisdictions, based on jus soli. Certain individuals born in the United States, such as children of foreign heads of state or foreign diplomats, do not obtain U.S. citizenship under jus soli.

Child Citizenship Act

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   
My sources inside the Nikki Haley campaign tell me that she also has a Hawaiian birth certificate if required.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Huh?

Personal details Born Nimrata Nikki Randhawa

January 20, 1972 (age 51) Bamberg, South Carolina

U.S. Political party Republican

Spouse Michael Haley ​ (m. 1996)​ Children 2 Education Clemson University (BS) Signature Website Official website Organization website

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...nope...Nikki Haley...is a McCain clone...She should never be anywhere near the Oval Office...

YouSir

so if Nikki Haley is the Republican nominee and Kamala Harris or Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee you're voting for who?

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I’d vote for DBCowboys attorney, Joe Mama.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

YouSir

so if Nikki Haley is the Republican nominee and Kamala Harris or Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee you're voting for who?

Ummm...Ron Paul...

Next...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My sources inside the Nikki Haley campaign tell me that she also has a Hawaiian birth certificate if required.

I didn't think anchor babies needed phony birth certificates?

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

YouSir

I'll vote librarian like I did in 2008, I couldn't swallow the bile enough in my throat to vote for mcshame!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join