It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The slave that was beaten one time to many

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Fredrick Jackson was born on June 13th, 1835 to enslaved parents who toiled on a sugar plantation in southeast Texas. Fredrick had been whipped and beaten many times in his life as he was not spared the agony of being a slave, but none of them had been as vicious as one day in May of 1850, less than a month before Fredrick turned 15 years old. Fredrick was lying on the ground in pain when the slave supervisor decided to take his remaining fury out on his little sister who was barely 8 years old. Enraged, Freedom attacked the slave supervisor, despite all the pain he was in. Other supervisors ran in to try and help but Freedom was too strong for them. He overpowered them all.

One of the supervisors decided to take matters into his own hands and pulled out a gun. He began to fire on Fredrick, but with almost superhuman strength, Fredrick charged toward him, dodging every bullet fired at him. When he reached the man, he easily overpowered him and took the gun away from him. He then proceeded to beat the man with his own gun despite the fact that it was still loaded. This was personal for Fredrick and he wanted his fury to be personal to all of them in return.

This was the moment Fredrick earned his nickname, Freedom. From that day on, he began using his remarkable strength to free as many slaves as he could, one by one. Soon, the law, the military, bounty hunters, and other slave owners were all hunting for Freedom, like a deer. However, every time they tried to catch him, Freedom was always victorious. He was loved by many and feared by many. They hunted for him until the day he died; but when he took his last breath, he did so on his own terms. They never did catch Freedom. Freedom died in peace.

Some swore Freedom was a superhero, while others believed he was God's giant, strongest, and meanest black man on this Earth. Either way, Freedom was a legend. While history books ignored his conquests, Freedom's memoirs have been found.

This is the story of Freedom.

I am thinking about writing a short story about this amazing human being. While this is a work of fiction, I think this could be a fascinating experience for the reader.

Opinions?

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Are you familiar with the boondocks animated series?

Because they did an episode like this. Catcher Freeman. Their version is more of a comedy and how story’s change depending on who is telling them. But the over all story is almost the same.

a reply to: Genfinity

edit on 21-1-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

Thank you for sharing.

I really enjoyed this short version of your short story. I do think there is a rich territory you could explore using this as a concept. I have not taken in as much media in lately, it did not bring up any other stories to mind. I am considered Gen X if that makes any difference. I like how Freedom made it very personal the way he behaved, that would make a good style for you to continue telling the story.

edit on 21-1-2023 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here is another bit of the story. I will type responses to all of you tomorrow evening. I am short on time tonight. Thanks for participating.

Freedom charged towards the man with the Gatling gun, fearlessly dodging the bullets that were being fired at him with almost impossible flexibility. He then jumped onto the gun, ran across its length, and leaped onto the gunner, overwhelming him by pinning him down with his sheer strength. The gunner tried to fight him off, but Freedom was too powerful. He proceeded to beat the man with his bare hands in a way that few people have ever seen. With his first blow, he hit the gunner with such force that it knocked him out cold forever. Swing after swing, the other men could hear the gunner's bones being crushed and crunched by Freedom's fury.

Freedom then took the Gatling gun, lifted it over his head as if it had no weight at all, and threw it against a large oak tree. The gun hit the tree with a loud thud and then clattered to the ground with a few pieces flying off in every direction. He then grabbed the now lifeless gunner, lifted him up as if he were a champion's trophy, and threw him like a ball about 25 feet, leaving the other men in shock at the effortless strength that Freedom had displayed.

The gunner lay dead on the ground, his eyes open wide and his mouth agape. The men looked at each other in fear and disbelief. How is a mere man capable of such feats? Is Freedom some sort of superhuman that can't be killed? Is he a ghost? Who was this man that they were chasing? How is he able to dodge all of these bullets? Should these men continue to challenge Freedom or would it be better if they gave up and went home?

The men discussed amongst themselves, trying to make sense of what they had just seen. They had heard the stories of Freedom's strength and courage, but to witness it firsthand was something else entirely. They were all in awe of Freedom's power, and they all agreed that they should give up the hunt and forfeit the bounty. They had been told the hunt would be easy but what they had just witnessed looked impossible. The wild stories told about Freedom all seemed to be very true, indeed. It is one thing to die in battle but to do so in such a manner that it leaves your honor blowing away in the wind while your corpse lay on the field in mutilated shame is not a proper death for any man, no matter the cause legitimized in his head.

"To hell with this," they agreed. "Let's cut our losses and get the hell out of here. Let's go home."

The sight of the dead gunner was a reminder of the danger that Freedom posed and of his incredible strength and resolve. The gunner's body was riddled with bruises and his clothes were torn from the beating he had received from Freedom. The men shuddered at the thought of what might have happened if Freedom had been on their side. They all knew that Freedom was a force to be reckoned with, and they all vowed to never hunt for Freedom again; another forfeit validated.
edit on 1/21/2023 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/21/2023 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join