It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty-two Arcana of Hebrew and Tarot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Good free material. Each of the major arcana receives a 1.5 hour talk.

This free online course is a thorough exploration of the universal principles contained in the twenty-two arcana of the Tarot, the Hebrew letters, and the Kabbalah.

"The Tree of Life is the spinal medulla. This Tree of Wisdom is also the ten Sephiroth, the twenty-two creative Major Arcana, letters, sounds, and numbers, with which the Logos (God) created the universe." - Samael Aun Weor

glorian.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Secondary to the above material, I find these slides quite enlightening, especially the fifth one. I had no idea that TAROT is a word which makes several other words. imgur.com...

The slides are coming from Podcast #43 from here: www.whatonearthishappening.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: livinglight108

Isn't it rather unorthodox to blend tarot with judaism considering divination is forbidden in scriptures?

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
How odd the timing of this post.

This evening I came across a youtube video of a tarot reader and for some unknown reason I watched it and got sucked in because he had a lovely scottish voice that reminded me of childhood and such a practical approach to using one's own intuition as opposed to reading cards verbatim.

I have two old sets of cards acquired in my twenties that I've never given much thought to. One was a gift from a would be suitor who gave me the cards which were kabbalah/hebrew based with no pictures whatsoever, just the sephiroth and letters. They came in the most beautiful brass box, which I spent awhile tonight trying to find. I just now gave up and opened ats to find this.

Will check this out tomorrow as this seems laid in my path for a reason.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Isn't it rather unorthodox to blend tarot with judaism considering divination is forbidden in scriptures?

It has always made me wonder why prophecy was given a negative light in scripture when it is obvious that any divination we are gifted with would have been from the creator.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It has always made me wonder why prophecy was given a negative light in scripture when it is obvious that any divination we are gifted with would have been from the creator.

i don't know what bible you read, the one i read prophets that heard from Yahweh were and highly regard. it was the false prophets that served,ashtoreth, baal, chemosh, dagon, marduk who was also known as bel and thought to be a rehash of baal.

side note also the Golden calf in Exodus and 1Kings is thought by many scholars to be a idol/image of Yahweh, from the statement Aron made after he built the alter in front of the bull saying "this is elohim, O Israel, who brought you out of Egypt".

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

i don't know what bible you read, the one i read prophets that heard from Yahweh were and highly regard. it was the false prophets that served,ashtoreth, baal, chemosh, dagon, marduk who was also known as bel and thought to be a rehash of baal.

side note also the Golden calf in Exodus and 1Kings is thought by many scholars to be a idol/image of Yahweh, from the statement Aron made after he built the alter in front of the bull saying "this is elohim, O Israel, who brought you out of Egypt".

Deuteronomy 18 -

When thou reachest the land which the Lord thy God means to give thee, take good care not to imitate the abominable ways of the men who dwell there. 10 None must be found among you to consecrate son or daughter by making them pass through the fire, to consult soothsayers, or keep watch for dream-revelations and omens; there must be no wizard, 11 or enchanter, none who consults familiar spirits and divinations, and would receive warnings from the dead. 12 All such things are hateful to the Lord; it is to punish them for such evil doings that he means to destroy these nations at thy onslaught.

www.newadvent.org...

Am I understanding this incorrectly? Or is it hypocritical in nature that no other peoples/races' divination is 'true'?

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Funny thing is Tarot Cards are no more different and were even used as playing cards. Ace can be one or huger, while Jokers are wild.

With the Hebrews an the later, it a bit of a catch 22, since there is no said ritual or initiation to do so. If anything they would sound like crazed, rambling madmen, that ether were very right or very wrong. And by supernatural beings no less being the reason for it. With the O.T it is said that they predicted their said enslavement to the 4 ancient empires an Alexander the Great beating Persia by using

I do find the tarot entertaining more or less where the general idea of that it about The Fool vs The World. Not much different then then a standard Heroes Journey for everyday life. It does get very spookier with Hindsight with all those Devilish details.
edit on 21-1-2023 by Proto88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Because common sense is in alarmingly short supply, and divination requires an abundance. You'll notice people either twist their readings to suit the convenient narrative, or they immediately go out in the world to play god.

edit on 21-1-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
How odd the timing of this post.

This evening I came across a youtube video of a tarot reader and for some unknown reason I watched it and got sucked in because he had a lovely scottish voice that reminded me of childhood and such a practical approach to using one's own intuition as opposed to reading cards verbatim.

I have two old sets of cards acquired in my twenties that I've never given much thought to. One was a gift from a would be suitor who gave me the cards which were kabbalah/hebrew based with no pictures whatsoever, just the sephiroth and letters. They came in the most beautiful brass box, which I spent awhile tonight trying to find. I just now gave up and opened ats to find this.

Will check this out tomorrow as this seems laid in my path for a reason.

Neat. I used to ''play'' with Tarot for Divination however soon realized that is not a modality I'm very interested in.

Instead, I am drawn to make a deep study of the major arcana in correspondence to the spiraling nature of the unfolding of consciousness.

In the same way the difference between millionaires and billionaires is that the latter are astrologers, you'd better believe these people are also very well studied in Tarot/kabbalah.

Of interest to researchers will be the dark tree of life. It's the tree of life those on the left hand path utilize against people....

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No.

Take a look at the slides I posted where the major arcana are placed over the Sefirot.

One is the microcosmic tree, the other is the macrocosmic tree.

There are two paths/pillars along with one central/middle path.

Too many similarities for one to not draw a correspondence.

www.citytarot.com...
edit on AMSaturday6am2351783Sat, 21 Jan 2023 11:48:51 -0600481 by livinglight108 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

But, as any Kabbalist will tell you, Elohim is NOT the same as Yahweh. So scholars are wrong in citing this biblical passage as evidence of the Golden calf being an image of Yahweh. But, then, scholars typically understand very poorly the mystical meaning of the Godnames, and so they may be forgiven.

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Jewish mysticism has always been a thing.

Think Golem.

a reply to: TzarChasm

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

So is witchcraft, but that doesn't stop the ENTIRE Carribean one bit. I realize yours is a devil's advocate position, but that line of blasphemy has long been blurred by serveral dead chickens.

And more fittingly, It doesn't stop Kabbalah. All that King Solomon sorcery magic. The Temple of Solomon found its way into Masonic imagery even.

Solomon is one of those weird occulty names that keeps popping up. Even that fruitcake Crowley stole the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum and called it The Lesser Key of Solomon, including the same hilariously named demons like "Count Furfur" and "President Amy". The demons daemons golem whatever you call them of King Solomon.

It's a natural marriage in "occultnik" types, like the types to watch tutorials on reading tarot and learning ancient mystic practices.
edit on 22-1-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Solomon means Sun and Moon. Solar, lunar.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Another course from the same teacher: Defense for Spiritual Warfare

Every religion provides methods of spiritual defense for protection against harmful entities and forces. Among all the prayers, there are several that have particular power. These lectures explain them in detail so that you will know very well what you are saying when you use them.

The top of my head was blown completely off during the first couple of hours.

glorian.org...

new topics

top topics

join