It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depression soon to be real in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   
1. I would like to say that here in Japan has said it is now in a Recession, but that is not so true. Nation wide there are signs of no return of a major Depression.
2. The fishing and building industry is almost dead in many areas. Govt. contracts is what is keeping over 80% of the major contractors a float. Here it make take 8 or more years to build a simple bridge. Don't believe me, if I can I will try to take picture and post it.

Depression really is at the door steps of America. When they say Wall Street is buzzing with profits, expect 40 days later that is was just for some to bail out .

I know one person who lost about 40 to 50% of the value of the stocks . I told that person to sell when Bj got into office... said taxes i got t o pay on it. wtf that person lost all even without paying 50% in taxes

Google parent Alphabet to cut 12,000 jobs, citing 'economic reality'

"This will mean saying goodbye to some incredibly talented people we worked hard to hire and have loved working with," Pichai said. "I'm deeply sorry for that. The fact that these changes will impact the lives of Googlers weighs heavily on me, and I take full responsibility for the decisions that led us here."

The cuts represent more than 6% of the company's workforce, according to Reuters. It was not immediately clear which teams would be affected, but they are expected to affect workers in the United States and globally, according to Pichai's note.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We just finalized negotiations to close our European , African and Mid East operations. 50,000 or so with an unknown future. We closed Russia and Ukraine last summer but only a few thousand people. Going to be quite a spring 2023 will bring.

Hold on and stock up!

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
We just finalized negotiations to close our European , African and Mid East operations. 50,000 or so with an unknown future. We closed Russia and Ukraine last summer but only a few thousand people. Going to be quite a spring 2023 will bring.

Hold on and stock up!

Hope you and your family can escape to an island soon.
You do know that is all where the rich are going to escape too.
Bring seeds and a scoop to dig up sea food.
Also a shovel to dig a well.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I live on Lake Michigan so not too bad but Chicago is only 100 miles away.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The human spirit is almost supernatural. That is why so much effort goes into beating us down, keeping us apart in fear, selfishness, combat, and drowning us in hopelessness.

The Amish as a cohesive group can do this in 10 hours, imagine what can be accomplished if we all worked together.

We know that there is a war on for our minds, spirits, and souls. We know that they are corrupt, liars, and deceivers. Why the Hell are we still gobbling down every spoon of bull crap that they are constantly feeding us?

It is time to break those chains and join together to do what needs to be done. We have to stop looking at what anyone else has done, or has failed to do. We need to put all our time and effort into making ourselves the best that we can be. There are no knights in shinning armor coming to rescue us. There is supposedly only one great leader expected to rise up from the melee to lead you or tell you what to do, and he will be the greatest liar and deceiver of all time.

We have been told, warned, and given the signs. The rest is up to each of us individually to be prepared. I suggest not just filling you lamps, but putting some as a spare for a neighbor. We are going to have to do this together. We will not make it alone. And stone soup can go a long way when you have reached the end of your stores.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

i know Chicago
worked on Wabash st. years ago
from the quad cities actually
I heard one now has to carry a gun just to go into a stop - in - go store?

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   
More and more mega-corporations are laying off tens of thousands of employees while our POTUS tells us how fast the economy is improving.

There's a real disconnect between brain cells, common sense and critical thinking. The lockdowns were the beginnings of The Greatest Depression, not the 'minor recession' the talking heads are pushing, and every single government action has been like pouring gasoline on the flames.

Hungry people are desperate people, and desperate people will do unconscionable things to survive. What do you think the govs. reaction might be? I know how I think they're going to handle this disaster they're deliberately creating, but you've all heard it before so I'll just show myself out.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Hold on and stock up!

If they escape to an island, who is going to provide for them?

How long will it take for their slaves to turn on them?

In every Zombie apocalypse primer 101, you are taught that there is nothing that will wipe out a camp in no time, than feelings of security. You can live on a island for years, popping off every zombie that rises out to the water. Picking them off one by one, but when the surge comes, and it will come, you will never have enough ammunition to take them all down quickly enough.

Islands would be the easiest to overtake. Mountains are more difficult but the lessons from the siege at Masada, teaches us that is can be done, and going underground just requires locating their air vents.

So it is clear that the true power is in the unity of the 99%. The 1% with all the money in the world does not stand a chance, if we ever got that through our overly programmed and conditioned brains.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That won't do much good when the poles melt and the ocean rises 20 feet and the poles flip creating a giant wave that will lay waste to man's workings in a matter of hours. Not to mention the fish are radioactive.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Amish are more tribal-like group than most others, which is important .

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I am not one to make economic predictions.

Having said that, a review of the Wallstreet Journal's Headlines today is rather ominous.

Google Parent Alphabet to Cut 12,000 Jobs

U.S. Existing-Home Sales Slid Last Year

Fed’s Beige Book Says Businesses Expect Weak Growth in Months Ahead

Then there's Zero Hedge:
"Another Difficult Month For Buyers": US Existing Home Sales Suffer Biggest Annual Drop Ever

The US Consumer Has Cracked: Discover Plunges After "Shocking" Charge-Off Forecast

Things are not looking all that rosey.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Amish are more tribal-like group than most others, which is important .

We had better tap into our spirit and realize that the tribe of humanity is on a deep dive into a world of Helter skelter.

It is time to pull sharply back on the nose of this craft before we crash and burn.

edit on 20-1-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

i know Chicago
worked on Wabash st. years ago
from the quad cities actually
I heard one now has to carry a gun just to go into a stop - in - go store?

I live a few miles from Evansville Indiana, and the Walmart I go to just had an active shooter situation last night. Very scary, it's getting bad here even in the smaller towns. I am definitely going to start carrying when I go.

Weird thing is...I wanted to run over and get some things all week, but I drove towards it day before yesterday and something kept telling me (well, a strong feeling) that I can just pay more and shop here in town. So about 1/4 of the way over there I just turned around and drove back. Had that same feeling all week every time I thought I would get ready to go!

edit: I forgot to mention, this shooting situation happened at not quite 10pm CST, but then again at 3am in another part of the city was an armed robbery at a convenience store! They haven't caught that person yet as far as I have heard, so no telling where they are! hope it's not a neighbor!
edit on 20-1-2023 by TruthJava because: added text

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

the USA is where the British empire was in its last stages bogged down with all the same sh*t from drugs to violence but it weathered the 2nd (29/39) great depression because the first one (1879/96) had done the real damage..

this depressionary era is more akin to the first great depression than the second great depression so the damage done is far more cumulative in the USA compared to others and will linger a lot longer.. for the uk you can see the effects run from 1872 through to the collapse of progressive liberalism in 1922/23.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just found out this morning that the Save A Lot warehouse here in town is closing down for good.
This will also affect one of the trucking companies here, as they haul goods for them.

The driver say he was just happy he was a driver, and can go anywhere right now, but felt bad for all the workers in the warehouse.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
U.S. Recession/Depression has been here for over a year. But it's effects are being "Manually Mitigated" by the MSM and some gov stats are rigged to say otherwise. 😎

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
U.S. Recession/Depression has been here for over a year. But it's effects are being "Manually Mitigated" by the MSM and some gov stats are rigged to say otherwise. 😎

What is MSM? I keep seeing it but when I google it I get a food additive.

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179

MSM = Main Stream Media
edit on 1/20/2023 by Bishop2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

MSM = Main Stream Media

Includes mostly major news networks and primetime TV shows.

"major news networks" includes TV, Radio, and internet news sites.

Many primetime TV shows convey social propaganda messaging through the themes of the shows and entertainment.

Major Networks are broadcast networks (not necessarily cable etc).

Big3+2 Networks have the vast majority of viewers. CBS-ABC-NBC-Fox Broadcast-PBS/NPR are the U.S. companies.

All have internet and cable outlets, some under various other trade names.

Also many non-U.S. media companies worldwide.

Those all retain about 90% of viewers daily.

That's where the short term (shock propaganda) and the long term propaganda is always first published in various forms. 😎

posted on Jan, 20 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

MSM = Main Stream Media

Includes mostly major news networks and primetime TV shows.

"major news networks" includes TV, Radio, and internet news sites.

Many primetime TV shows convey social propaganda messaging through the themes of the shows and entertainment.

Major Networks are broadcast networks (not necessarily cable etc).

Big3+2 Networks have the vast majority of viewers. CBS-ABC-NBC-Fox Broadcast-PBS/NPR are the U.S. companies.

All have internet and cable outlets, some under various other trade names.

Also many non-U.S. media companies worldwide.

Those all retain about 90% of viewers daily.

That's where the short term (shock propaganda) and the long term propaganda is always first published in various forms. 😎

As soon as I read the two answers I realized I had learned that, but for one odd reason, had a brain fart, and was thinking way too hard about what MSM stood for. Lol info overload over here.

Thanks for your answer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join