It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alec Baldwin charged with involuntary manslaughter in fatal 'Rust' shooting: district attorney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow actually thought He would not get charged and they are charging the armorer as well, both with 2 counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Alec Baldwin was charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Halyna Hutchins.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, who was the armorer on the film ‘Rust,’ was also charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter.

Halyna's family thanked the sheriff's office and the DA after the charges were announced.

Not sure why its 2 counts each as only 1 person died, I'll be surprised if they are both convicted.

Link

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

He also lied about pulling the trigger.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Well like or dislike the guy, he did shoot someone and she died.
It sucks all around but it is what it is.
Alec dude if you read this please remember, "if it ain't loaded, it's loaded".

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's odd how swiftly the law acts when the crime is committed by a conservative. If I ever get arrested for anything I'll identify as a progressive liberal gender bender Biden/Harris top fan.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is the right thing to do. I also don't understand the two counts each, but???

The "armorer," the daughter of a famous armorer and gun industry icon, should have called for a break in production the INSTANT she found out/heard the gunshots of cast/crew members plinking with live ammunition during a break. ZERO tolerance for live ammo on the set/location should have been the zero-tolerance rules no-one could suspend nor not take action upon.

Once those rules were breached, SHE should have laid hands on every single round/blank/cartridge/firearm within her purview and systematically gone over everything with a fine-toothed comb. This was a really dumb way for a person to die. Unacceptable on so many levels.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

He also lied about pulling the trigger.

My father was involved in a hunting accident about 40 years ago. He was carrying an antique 12 gauge shotgun and had it angled at the ground. The gun went off inadvertently, and blew a whole in his buddies foot. He also claimed he didn’t pull the trigger. I can understand an antique going off inadvertently. However, a modern day handgun - Alec’s lying. And his stupid lie only incriminates him more.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
two people were injured by this one shot, one of them died, the other lived. I believe that accounts for the "two counts" charge.

And the charges seem fair, as the armorer allowed live rounds to be on the set, and Alec did pull the trigger. As has been said many times, very unlikely that this wasn't an accident, but that doesn't change the part where someone died. I actually feel bad for Baldwin even though he's an arrogant asshole. This is a really hard way to learn a really important lesson about gun safety.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Has Baldwin's Wife issued any comments yet? 😎 She was sure vocal when it happened

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not sure why its 2 counts each as only 1 person died, I'll be surprised if they are both convicted.

Quite possibly, the lady that was shot was pregnant. I'd like to see the autopsy report and if "outside" DNA was discovered...

People have been murdered for a lot less...
edit on 1/19/2023 by NightFlight because: Placed the wrong context in the wrong sentence structure. I know better but was trying to beat something...

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
From what I'm hearing, a lot of lawyers seem to think the charge for Baldwin is a stretch. Unless there's information we don't know.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
From what I'm hearing, a lot of lawyers seem to think the charge for Baldwin is a stretch. Unless there's information we don't know.

If I'm not mistaken... He's the one who pulled the trigger.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

My grandfather had my bum working the farm for a whole summer because I left my BB gun un attended and not secured when I was 13.
Gun safety is not a freaking joke and I really hope that some good can come from this example.
And like you said "this is a really hard way to learn a really important lesson about gun safety."

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I actually feel bad for Baldwin even though he's an arrogant asshole. This is a really hard way to learn a really important lesson about gun safety.

I do too. He was doing his job and got burned for trusting his counterparts.

That said, I’ve never taken someone’s word when handed a gun. I check the chamber, keep the finger off the trigger, and never point the weapon at something I’m not willing to destroy.

I was raised with guns, understand what they’re capable of, and their indifference of human error.

While it’s his job to act and handle a variety of props, if I drive for work I’m still liable for my actions.

I doubt and hope malice wasn’t involved on his part.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

A lot of liberal lawyers are saying that because they're thinking with their emotions instead of their brain.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BaconCrusader

My friend said that if she did that, it would create a domino effect in other areas that have "diversity hires", where all of their work will be heavily scrutinized.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

fake latina Hilaria?

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I actually feel bad for Baldwin even though he's an arrogant asshole. This is a really hard way to learn a really important lesson about gun safety.

I do too. He was doing his job and got burned for trusting his counterparts.

I don't see how it's getting burned. It was his responsibility to check. That's the whole point of a safety policy that has multiple points of failure. The idea is that if one person makes a mistake, everyone is still safe because someone else should catch it. If everyone fails to follow procedure, they are all responsible, not just the first person who disregarded the procedure.

Other actors have said they always check guns even if the set armorer or director tells them it's safe. That is and should be the industry standard. Any production that's not operating that way is not just wrong but probably in violation of the law.

Regardless of any of that, it's basic safety 101, of any deadly object, not just a gun.

If an expert handed you a running chainsaw and told you to put it against someone's neck and rev it up, but don't worry because the chain wasn't engaged...

Yeah, you'd check. And if you didn't know how to check, you wouldn't do it. That's how a reasonable person should act, under the law. You don't just trust you're not about to kill someone because an expert said it was okay when you know damn well how dangerous the object is. The only way you wouldn't be liable is if you were so mentally incompetent that you didn't know what a gun or a chainsaw was.

ETA: And this is all especially true in this case where he knew there were real guns on set and knew there was live ammo around.
edit on 19 1 23 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A waste of the courts time by a eager prosecutor .

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
A waste of the courts time by a eager prosecutor .

Another one that hasn't read the first thing about the case.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

He will never be found guilty it was a accident with no malice . They will have to prove he pulled the trigger and the gun did not go off on it own . It can happen with revolvers Ive had it happen to me closing the chamber barrel . Scared the life out of me had to check my dog and myself for holes .
edit on 19-1-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join