It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse aging on the horizon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
time.com...

Scientists Have Reached a Key Milestone in Learning How to Reverse Aging

This is something I did a lot of research on back in 09 for a college paper. It was something that caught my interest back then and have been waiting for something like this to come of what I found in all of it all those years ago. This will boil down to stem cell research, which with everything going on may tie into the recent backlash of certain decisions. I'm posting this because some flags went off for me, but I am going to post it and let you all dissect it, or share how you feel about this. I see TPTB to push to get this on the fast track so they (not we) can live as long as possible.
Here is what I found and will share the key points that I see.

Scientists studying aging have debated what drives the process of senescence in cells—and primarily focused on mutations in DNA that can, over time, mess up a cell’s normal operations and trigger the process of cell death. But that theory wasn’t supported by the fact that older people’s cells often were not riddled with mutations, and that animals or people harboring a higher burden of mutated cells don’t seem to age prematurely.

Sinclair therefore focused on another part of the genome, called the epigenome. Since all cells have the same DNA blueprint, the epigenome is what makes skin cells turn into skin cells and brain cells into brain cells. It does this by providing different instructions to different cells for which genes to turn on, and which to keep silent. Epigenetics is similar to the instructions dressmakers rely on from patterns to create shirts, pants, or jackets. The starting fabric is the same, but the pattern determines what shape and function the final article of clothing takes. With cells, the epigenetic instructions lead to cells with different physical structures and functions in a process called differentiation.

ep·i·ge·net·ics
/ˌepəjənˈediks/
Learn to pronounce
nounBIOLOGY
the study of changes in organisms caused by modification of gene expression rather than alteration of the genetic code itself.
"epigenetics has transformed the way we think about genomes"

Differentiation is a method of finding the derivative of a function. Differentiation is
The process during which young, immature (unspecialized) cells take on individual characteristics and reach their mature (specialized) form and function."

Sinclair has long proposed that aging is the result of losing critical instructions that cells need to continue functioning, in what he calls the Information Theory of Aging. “Underlying aging is information that is lost in cells, not just the accumulation of damage,” he says. “That’s a paradigm shift in how to think about aging

In the mice, he and his team developed a way to reboot cells to restart the backup copy of epigenetic instructions, essentially erasing the corrupted signals that put the cells on the path toward aging. They mimicked the effects of aging on the epigenome by introducing breaks in the DNA of young mice. (Outside of the lab, epigenetic changes can be driven by a number of things, including smoking, exposure to pollution and chemicals.) Once “aged” in this way, within a matter of weeks Sinclair saw that the mice began to show signs of older age—including grey fur, lower body weight despite unaltered diet, reduced activity, and increased frailty

The rebooting came in the form of a gene therapy involving three genes that instruct cells to reprogram themselves—in the case of the mice, the instructions guided the cells to restart the epigenetic changes that defined their identity as, for example, kidney and skin cells, two cell types that are prone to the effects of aging. These genes came from the suite of so-called Yamanaka stem cells factors—a set of four genes that Nobel scientist Shinya Yamanaka in 2006 discovered can turn back the clock on adult cells to their embryonic, stem cell state so they can start their development, or differentiation process, all over again. Sinclair didn’t want to completely erase the cells’ epigenetic history, just reboot it enough to reset the epigenetic instructions.

Using three of the four factors turned back the clock about 57%, enough to make the mice youthful again.

It’s no longer a question of if rejuvenation is possible, but a question of when.”

They have even started doing testing on primates, and learned they can dose the eye directly and reverse aging of the eyes. They can manipulate so that they can target particular organs, and are expanding into the entire body. The next step is human trial and they have been chomping at the bits for just that. The article goes on to discuss regrowth of limbs. Which was one of the things I found in 09 and was amazed at that possibility.
The implications of this can be seen both ways. The fetal Organ Harvesting is one aspect of this that is horrid to me. As is the thought of this being something for the super rich only. We have seen that DNA manipulation was a part of recent big pharma push. Makes me wonder how much of this ties together.
I'd like to hear some feedback on what you see, how you feel about it, and how this can be used in both good and evil intentions. Case in point: they also learned they can cause rapid aging as well.
And would you want to live another 50 years at the cost of all this?
edit on 18-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: Added content

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

Cool,

Let me know when I can travel to India, South Korea or South America to get it (using my own body's cells please like regenerative therapy / your own bone marrow)

They surely will never let us get it here without charging a million plus.

Hell, I cannot even get insurance to pay for regenerative therapy which is a fraction of the cost of surgery and seems to be all the rage since they gladly give it to pro athletes.
edit on 18-1-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Surely they can use your own stem cells and wouldn't have to use fetal ones? That would be safer too. Less risk of rejection. I won't lie. If they can do that with my personal stem cells, I'd take it.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   

It won't work the way they want it too, despite the treatment new diseases will crop up and more and more methods to keep themselves alive will be needed by the elite, problem is they will have a deficit of intelligent people and workers because having culled us all thinking they were going to live out extremely long lives in that future they will instead find it will come back to bite them very hard.

Most of them can't open a can of bean's without someone else to do it for them, moron's.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
But the brain will not out-live 120 years. PERIOD
They can do whatever they want, but it is the brain that can not live here on Earth for more then 120 years.
Now, being out in outerspace would be something to look into though.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Already posted here but reading your info too, thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

In Biology, the definition of differentiation is:

"The process during which young, immature (unspecialized) cells take on individual characteristics and reach their mature (specialized) form and function."

In Mathematics, the definition of differentiation is:

"The instantaneous rate of change of a function with respect to one of its variables."

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Sorry, didn't see yours. We're on the same exact wavelength on this one.
They can take it down. No worries

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'd take 120 years in a body that doesn't feel decrepit though.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
But the brain will not out-live 120 years. PERIOD
They can do whatever they want, but it is the brain that can not live here on Earth for more then 120 years.
Now, being out in outerspace would be something to look into though.

What's the limiting factor on brain longevity?

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
What's the limiting factor on brain longevity?

I'd say Insanity would be tested and incentive to continue living may dwindle.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179

Sorry, didn't see yours. We're on the same exact wavelength on this one.
They can take it down. No worries

Not mine but posted in the thread.

Of course, the mice know the secret and they won't tell.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't know. It sounds pretty good but they couldn't possibly cover all the bases.

Let's say, you're 80 years old and will be taking the treatment to turn back your biological age to 30. That probably won't help straighten that Dowager's hump, shrink the ears and nose, draw up the jowls and fill your mouth with real teeth. It may bring back bone strength, increase muscle mass and hair growth though. It could be a mixed bag that leaves you some kind of a freak of nature in need of multiple surgeries to correct problems and try to make you look the age you were regressed to.

Maybe the procedures used are a complete success and you are virtually 30 years old again. YAHOO!

That doesn't mean you will be trim and healthy and do it over again right this time in regards to nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. You might achieve more in your regressed state or you may waste it all on more debauchery, a second misspent youth.

ETA: Maybe the goal is immortality so that the party never ends. It can only get more extreme at that point, I can only imagine what limits will be exceeded by these minor deities, these gods of bodily functions.

edit on 18-1-2023 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

It may just be what it's capable of handling, but like I said, if I could live out my 120 without feeling decrepit, I'd be fine with it.

Why suffer from arthritis, for example, if you don't need to? And this sort of thing is probably effective against holding off cancer.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I don't know. It sounds pretty good but they couldn't possibly cover all the bases.

Let's say, you're 80 years old and will be taking the treatment to turn back your biological age to 30. That probably won't help straighten that Dowager's hump, shrink the ears and nose, draw up the jowls and fill your mouth with real teeth. It may bring back bone strength, increase muscle mass and hair growth though. It could be a mixed bag that leaves you some kind of a freak of nature in need of multiple surgeries to correct problems and try to make you look the age you were regressed to.

Maybe the procedures used are a complete success and you are virtually 30 years old again. YAHOO!

That doesn't mean you will be trim and healthy and do it over again right this time in regards to nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. You might achieve more in your regressed state or you may waste it all on more debauchery, a second misspent youth.

Cocoon style

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Cocoon style

I would love a cocoon swimming pool. I won't even touch the pods

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I noticed that too, but the Time article is much more robust and informative than the FOX News source in the other thread. Also, the FOX staff decided to include a book plug into that article, for reasons which completely elude me... Frankly I thought I would find a book plug in this article too, but not at all... that's nice... kind of 'journalistic.'
edit on 1/18/2023 by Maxmars because: Because I'm not perfect

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that if you could reverse aging, you would become young and dumb again...doomed to start making stupid decisions and risky behavior all over again;

I think I want to just stay old. It would suck to be thrown into this new young world that has been created.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I'm pretty sure that if you could reverse aging, you would become young and dumb again...doomed to start making stupid decisions and risky behavior all over again;

I think I want to just stay old. It would suck to be thrown into this new young world that has been created.

I hadn't even thought of the mind going back. That's a hard pass. But I also feel like I'm good with whatever I get. Wouldn't want to stay in this three ring circus any longer than intended. I'm good on that.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Body and mind growing old helps us accept death, if the mind is still young when dying I would find that harder to cope with.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join