It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elder Scrolls Skyblivion : Release Date Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Skyblivion is a fan made mod that remakes Oblivion in the Skyrim game engine , it's been in development for years but as the Devs are part time volunteers that's to be understood , such a noble cause deserves patience.

The good news is it looks great but the bad news is a 2025 launch window.

Can't wait.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Even still, I bet it comes out before ES 6.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Skywind

Fallout Cascadia

Fallout Miami

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Skyblivion : 10 years in the making.
I had given up and forgotten .

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sploosha reply to: gortex

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Hopefully they will get it finished, the one I was really wanting though was Skywind.

Out of the two games Morrowind had the better music, worse graphics, terrible by todays standards but by one hell of a ways the better story and plot line though Oblivion was thanks to a later engine more beautiful but it lost some of the alien familiarity that Morrowind with it's pterosaur cliff racers and dinosaur like kaguti and it's very strange insect like squid faces nix hound's in a land where you start on a coast with possibly giant fern like palms then it becomes stranger as you enter the deeper landscape of the volcanic primordial island to find giant mushrooms instead of trees in many places and even bigger mushrooms with wizard elves living in them, the cantona's of vivec were just as strange as well along with the floating rock the game labels a moon magically suspended over the city.

Oblivion was the better game due to polish, graphic's and a better engine but those who started playing with the earlier game will say Morrowind was the better game although it has dated terribly.

And there are those that swear by the even older games such as Arena and Daggerfall, the latter of course being one of the largest single player RPGs with a player map the size of hundreds of kilometres in game that could take days for the player just to traverse although that has even more terribly dated.

Still for me while I loved Oblivion back in the day my nostalgia is for Morrowind.
tesrskywind.com...

(Well I was really into the game for more than six month's so? - my first RPG and I only got into it by accident after I bought a graphics card it came free with, I was originally a quake and Duke3d 'Nukem' fan and also a fan of games like IGI then I got into that when it was given away free and of course there is nothing more dangerous to a youngish man's - as I was back then - free time than a single player computer role playing game as I then found out, exploring, solving quests, making your own spell's, potions and weapons and then came the Bloodmoon expansion adding werewolves, wear-bears and a junky drug dealing sweet shop owner living in a candy house on Solstheim - not sure what that character was called).

Still definitely looking forward to Skyblivion and likely we shall never see Skywind even though it would be very nice to actually do so.

edit on 18-1-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Skyrim is like in its 5th edition or so now, right? I mean that's quite the accomplishment in itself, people are still buying it it's quite crazy.
And yes I too just started a new character.
Hello I'm Dolores (because it means pain) the Highelf I think I got a problem....

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Oblivion was ok...it was the only elder scrolls game I ever played as a knight with shield and sword. In morrowind and skyrim i usually play as full mages.

Personally I would be much more excited if someone would remake morrowind with all modern graphics. I believe it was the best out of the 3 games.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Wow! I had no idea this was a thing when i replied to this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Skyblivion : 10 years in the making.
I had given up and forgotten .

Same

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Wow, that looks amazing. Maybe I'll be finished playing Skyrim by then?

posted on Jan, 19 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
Wow, that looks amazing. Maybe I'll be finished playing Skyrim by then?

Official Steam Play time : 643 hours.
Size on disk 123gb

top topics

join