It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. was not the only country to have a recent air traffic management crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The January 11th traffic control systems outage caused a nationwide flight halt, delaying over 10,000 trips. But we needn't worry, Mayor Pete is on it. "We're looking into it", he said. When pressured, he went so far as to say "We're gonna own it." WTF does that even mean?

Thousands of flights delayed

And then:
Canada briefly hit with similar aviation outage as U.S. flights β€˜gradually’ resume

On New Year's Day:
Power Outage At Philippine Airports Sees Hundreds Of Flights Canceled Or Diverted

Never one to trust anything the Biden administration says, Tucker Carlson wonders if there's treachery afoot!

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Maybe this is part of the New System at Davos? Cut the world from each other to isolate us and bring us all down that way.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Philippines has terrible infrastructure problems, so it's not a surprise that they had a power failure. The FAA system is old and they're far more interested in spending millions on ecological justice and inclusivity than upgrading and maintaining systems. Canada had a similar failure last year when one of their telecom providers had a failure that affected flights in parts of Canada.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

IME when it comes to politicians and needed infrastructure, if it isn't flashy and sexy to put your name on, no one cares.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The FAA doesn't change things until people die, and then they drag their feet doing it.

The Philippines spent millions on a new system in 2009, to replace their Eurocat system, and it constantly rebooted, and had various problems so it was never used, and just sat rotting.
edit on 1/17/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The Philippines has terrible infrastructure problems, so it's not a surprise that they had a power failure. The FAA system is old and they're far more interested in spending millions on ecological justice and inclusivity than upgrading and maintaining systems. Canada had a similar failure last year when one of their telecom providers had a failure that affected flights in parts of Canada.

so from a conspiracy angle, you don't see anything at all fishy about the US NOTAMS system going down and then Canada's equivalent system goes down 24 hrs later?

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

My guess they are not going to tell you but this may be cyber attack in origin with NK and Russia.

Of course it could just be down to a glitch or human error but my guess is cyber attack.

If hackers got in they could do all manner of harm, delays are actually good news as opposed to chaos in the air.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I was wondering why Bitcoin sky rocketed. If this was the real reason, I’m not complaining.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Mayor Pete is on it. "We're looking into it", he said. When pressured, he went so far as to say "We're gonna own it." WTF does that even mean?

IDK, maybe the opposite of trump saying he takes no responsibility at all on handling the pandemic.

You have a problem with that? Would you rather he said "not my responsibility"?

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: franklen

Mayor Pete is on it. "We're looking into it", he said. When pressured, he went so far as to say "We're gonna own it." WTF does that even mean?

IDK, maybe the opposite of trump saying he takes no responsibility at all on handling the pandemic.

Got a link for that? I mean actual video of him saying that, not CNN saying he said that. Thanks

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: franklen

Would you rather he said "not my responsibility"?

Actually, that is what he said. He just said it in Dem-speak. Pete is the Secretary of Transportation, with a $2 trillion infrastructure bill to work with. Let's see how much of the country's infrastructure gets fixed.
Pete likes to appear on TV. Colbert, Fallon, MSNBC, CNN...
Pete on TV

He also likes to virtue signal at every opportunity.
Happy Kwanzaa!

Highways are racist!

The folks at CATO nailed it. We''ll see in a few years how good a job Pete did.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Is it even remotely possible some simple hack techniques are being used by "special interest contractors" to setup some fantastic bidding opportunities for prospective winners of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of over priced and built-in automatic cost overruns guaranteed upgrade vendors? πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘€

And it never hurts to have some back doors left unlocked by insiders drooling for extra payoffs πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘€

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It'll be whatever his version of not so shovel ready is.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

The ONLY qualification Pete has is being gay. Most of the Biden appointees have equally impressive qualification, so I don't expect anything constructive to be accomplished-least of all with the 2 T infrastructure bill.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Not really. My first thought was that it was trying to connect to the US system and with the US system being down it caused them issues.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Two systems fail in 24 hours.

Bit coin went up.

Connection on tucker was made to ransom ware.

If they were hacked, mums the word. No one would fly. It would be a bankruptcy issue for all air lines and trust in the FAA

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Other countries were giving the same point when people criticized them for the experiencing the same crisis: take a look at the U.S.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Is it even remotely possible some simple hack techniques are being used by "special interest contractors" to setup some fantastic bidding opportunities for prospective winners of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of over priced and built-in automatic cost overruns guaranteed upgrade vendors? πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘€

And it never hurts to have some back doors left unlocked by insiders drooling for extra payoffs πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘€

Oh I thought you meant Bill Gates then with Microsoft with the back doors. Alledgedly.

join