It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mice will live forever but we will never see it

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Reversal of the aging process will never be 'living forever' we all will still have an expiration date at some point.

Death acceptance can and is considered part of the death-positive movement that's taken shape over the past several years. The movement began in 2011 by the Order of the Good Death to bring awareness to death and dying. The idea behind the campaign is to encourage healthy conversations about taboo subjects related to death, illness, and the dying process.

In the context of the death positive movement, accepting death means becoming at peace with knowing that everyone will die one day and that there's nothing taboo about having open and honest conversations around the topic.

A healthy acceptance of death can mean that a person comes to terms with their mortality and lives their life in ways that are personally fulfilling, meaningful, and without fear of death or dying. When individuals recognize and accept their eventual demise, it can help open their minds to new ways of seeing the world around them. In turn, they may be able to find new opportunities to live their life in more meaningful ways.

There are plenty of theories on why someone chooses to accept death or deny the inevitable. Dealing with one's mortality doesn't have to be so complicated or dismal. Some of the more common things individuals think about when contemplating their death are whether it'll hurt, what'll happen if they become helpless or dependent, and how will their loved ones left behind survive on their own.

Accepting death can mean searching for answers to the above and other frequent concerns relating to what happens in the afterlife, to fear the unknown. An individual can dedicate some time to finding the answers to satisfy these questions and discovering what gives meaning to their life in the present.

www.joincake.com...

Back in my early 20s a two doctor's failed to diagnose my girlfriend with cancer, by the time the third doctor found it it was stage 4 and we all rallied around her last days. That is when the reality of death and dying struck home and I proceeded to learn as much as I could to help myself understand and accept death.

Fast forward ten years, we bought our burial plots and all that goes with it. Ironically, at this stage in my lie, I just want to be scattered over water. Oh well, my children can have the deed and do with it what they will.

I also have learned from an ICU doctor that the end of life is not what we think, the doctor said that the majority of deaths are caused by starvation. So with that new information, depending on how difficult my death may or may not be, I will avail myself of government assisted death. Why suffer?

As for reversing the aging process, I am all for it, especially cognitively and there are great strides being made in this field of science, even reversing the effects of Alzheimer's and that is good enough for me.

Looking younger can be achieved with creams nowadays, so if you believe that you feel as good as you look, then go for it. Some people say beauty comes from within and I believe that to be true.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join