It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mice will live forever but we will never see it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So Scientist have found away to reverse or speed up ageing in Mice , Now we will see the elite living forever they will never let us normal folk see any of this , I bet the humans that discovered this are all ready testing on them selves im quite surprised they even let this out to the public that this might even be possible what do you think a million dollars for a extra 20 years will soon be possible ?

Scientists have reversed the aging process in mice: Are humans next?

A recent study published in the journal Cell found that by making DNA repairs on mice, scientists were able to drive age "forward and backward" thus manipulating the aging process.

Source

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Until we are capable of getting off this planet and being fully self sustaining somewhere else, this will never be made available to the public. [ probably never will be anyway ]

Imagine if no one died of old age, but the birth rate stayed the same.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If they're letting the public know, it's probably been perfected for a select few.

That would explain why Pelosi, Waters and quite a few others are still walking among us.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Imagine if no one died of old age, but the birth rate stayed the same.

Biden is living proof there's room for useless eaters in our society.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I would sell everything and pay for this , for my loved ones. My mom especially . I'm in a constant state of worry about her lately, so money means nothing.
The world is so unfair and corrupt, that only the most evil and corrupt get to have access to this.
And people believe there is a 'God' .

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Do you really want evil pos lording of you and your kin for 100s of years a time?

Stop it before it cannot.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

exactly.

i do not need money.

i have auto immune, probably from all the damn plastik.

i could easily bench 400, even 500 pounds if my joints would let me go past 350 lol.
i need all my joints age reversed to 17.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This brings in the larger philosophical question. . . .

Who wants to live forever?

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
August 1st, 2123 Claus Shwab gives birth to his 665th child, "My last child will arrive in 9 months, then the world shall be healed!"

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
... they will never let us normal folk see any of this ...

Hidden in plain sight within generations maybe?

What about a secret ongoing experiment on people without them knowing?

Perhaps the global pandemic was organised upon completion of the evolution in global satellite networks and completely autonymous transmitting and receiving devices under the guise of "freedom" called smartphones.

Tests for the virus in the pandemic were actually a DNA collection programme to provide the results of the previous experiment and the covid-passports were more implimentation of the control system for further calibration.

Then they introduce an update to "the experiment" already prepared in the form of a Vaccine.

Perhaps only the Mice know the truth.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Please tell me this is not about selling a book.

Dr. Kara Fitzgerald, whose award-winning research into DNA methylation – the regulation of gene expression – has been studying the difference between biological and chronological aging, and she’s narrowed down how people can feel their best longer in her upcoming book, "YOUNGER YOU: Reduce Your Bio Age and Live Longer, Better."

I know, I know... "Don't be cynical."

I think we need to examine the 'processing' they had to undertake to reverse aging in mouse cells... but mice, as in the organism?
edit on 1/17/2023 by Maxmars because: formatting - dang it!

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

or speed up ageing

I think this is more dangerous than anything else mentioned in your OP

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Raises Hands

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sounds like a bunch of tumours and deformities waiting to happen. Don't screw with God's design. And I am not even Christian.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timber13

or speed up ageing

I think this is more dangerous than anything else mentioned in your OP

I thought about that instead of going to prison/ Or for a speeding ticket they take years to cover your sentence or fines you can't pay....

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Interesting times ahead for sure with gene therapy, but I thought you might enjoy reading another way they have found to extend the life of mice with a 20% reduction in mortality using a tried and true old Chinese herbal medicine.

The team then further purified P. corylifolia and conducted mass spectrometry analysis. They isolated 22 compounds from it. The activities of these compounds were verified and identified by utilizing the mother enrichment program (MEP) system tests, which have been developed to monitor replicative lifespan. One of the compounds, corylin, extended the life span of aged mice fed a high-fat diet.

In the study, the team further demonstrated that corylin prolongs life and reduces the aging process by inhibiting mTOR. This enzyme plays a vital role in regulating cell division and growth.

The researchers found that adding corylin to the diet significantly prolonged the life span of aged mice fed a high-fat diet, with a 20% reduction in mortality at 102 weeks in the corylin-fed group compared to the control mice.

www.theepochtimes.com...

edit on q00000056131America/Chicago3636America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

"The team then further purified P. corylifolia and conducted mass spectrometry analysis. They isolated 22 compounds from it. The activities of these compounds were verified and identified by utilizing the mother enrichment program (MEP) system tests, which have been developed to monitor replicative lifespan. One of the compounds, corylin, extended the life span of aged mice fed a high-fat diet.

In the study, the team further demonstrated that corylin prolongs life and reduces the aging process by inhibiting mTOR. This enzyme plays a vital role in regulating cell division and growth.

The researchers found that adding corylin to the diet significantly prolonged the life span of aged mice fed a high-fat diet, with a 20% reduction in mortality at 102 weeks in the corylin-fed group compared to the control mice."

www.theepochtimes.com...

Even more interesting,

The crude ethanol extract of the seeds of P. corylifolia was revealed to have high activity against the severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus (SARS‐CoV) papain‐like protease (PLpro) with an IC50 of value of 15 μg/ml. SARS‐CoV‐PLpro is a main enzyme that have a vital role in SARS virus replication (Kim et al., 2014).

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

They knew this in 2014, hmmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

It's considered a weed in India and apparently grows everywhere. Used in China as well.

In fact, after reading more, it sounds like the Holy Grail of medicinal plants. Root, berry and seeds are beneficial. If you have a chance, check out the link. I'm going to do some more studying up on this.

Some of the things it is claimed to help with:

Antibacterial
Antifungal
Antiviral activity
Antiprotozoal activity in freshwater fish
Anthelmintic Activity with worms
Protective effect against retinal damage caused by oxidative stress
Chemo preventive effects/Protein kinase inhibition activity
Estrogen Receptor Agonist
Anti-Alzheimers
Antidepressant activity
Antioxidant
Anti-diabetic activity
Anti-obesity
Anti‐coagulant effect against snake venom
Neuroprotective
Immunomodulatory activity
Anticancer activity

and lots more. It's a miracle drug.

edit on 5331202300000031bTue, 17 Jan 2023 18:16:53 -06002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

The crude ethanol extract of the seeds of P. corylifolia was revealed to have high activity against the severe acute respiratory syndrome corona virus (SARS‐CoV) papain‐like protease (PLpro) with an IC50 of value of 15 μg/ml. SARS‐CoV‐PLpro is a main enzyme that have a vital role in SARS virus replication (Kim et al., 2014).

Wow, I missed that and this may be the miracle medicine we all need because it also treats many other ailments too (from my source) - I see amazon has it for sale too - maybe I'll try it in the near future. Also I'm reading how fasting lengthens one's lifespan.
edit on q00000012131America/Chicago5656America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Me!!

So much to do and learn! So much....

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Me!!

So much to do and learn! So much....

Me too, as I tell everyone if my brain and mind stay sharp then I can go on and on because I am a lifelong learner. Also if the body fails who knows what new physical aids will they come up with that can help us with the physical tasks - or give me my own Data and I'll be fine at least I'll have someone to play chess with and program it to let me win now and again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join