It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Thought Is a Human Right

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I doubt tech can ever open people's minds or make them better.

Only your own actions in the real world can open you up, not internet points or a campaign.

This is just a way to make "good NPCs".

I see people follow trends and holding on to them for dear life not to be left out from the group to the point where they're incapable of making their own opinion.

Internet has a lot of echo chambers, "toxic" groups (that outright won't try to understand perspectives and lose their mind over a simple suggestion how to be more considerate).

posted on Feb, 15 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pureclover

I agree.

The problem isn't "making people better" it has always been "allowing them to be as they are."

Big Tech, and all the other "Bigs" are exploitative... only operating because of the revenue streams they engender.

Notice that the phenomenon of using the term "Big" this way only applies to commerce. Only commerce.

Every "Big" this or that utterance we see is meant to affirm and strengthen that perception. Yet the actual proprietors of the "Big" whatever is down to a handful of people...

Parents needed to focus on teaching their children how to observe and consider... we left it to people who abused the responsibility. Now "big Tech" will save us.... and their "step 1" is making everyone think that they are here to help.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join