It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Japanese Hornet's Curse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Act I, Scene I
(The stage is set in a small village in Japan. The villagers are gathered around, discussing the recent attacks of Japanese hornets on their crops and livestock. Enter the Lord of the village, dressed in traditional attire.)

Lord:
What news do you bring, my faithful villagers?
Why do you all look so grim and forlorn?

Villager 1:
My Lord, the hornets have been attacking our crops,
Leaving nothing but barren fields in their wake.

Villager 2:
And they've killed many of our livestock,
Leaving our families without food or means.

Lord:
(angrily) These hornets are a curse upon our land!
We must take action to protect our village.

(Enter a wise old sage, dressed in robes)

Sage:
My Lord, do not be so hasty in your judgment.
The hornets are but a part of nature's balance.
We must learn to live in harmony with them.

Lord:
(skeptically) Harmony? How can we possibly live with creatures
That bring death and destruction to our village?

Sage:
We must understand the hornets' ways,
And find a way to coexist.

(Exit the Sage)

Lord:
(pondering) Perhaps the Sage is right.
We must learn from these hornets,
And find a way to live in harmony with them.

(Exit the Lord)

Act II, Scene I
(The stage is set in the forest, where the villagers have set up traps and extermination efforts to combat the hornets. Enter the Lord, dressed in armor and carrying a spear)

Lord:
(to the villagers) Today, we will rid our village of these hornets!
We will fight for our land, our families, and our way of life!

(A large swarm of hornets appears, attacking the villagers. The Lord fights bravely, but is eventually stung and falls to the ground, unconscious)

Act III, Scene I
(The stage is set in the village, where the Lord awakens, surrounded by the villagers. He is weak and pale, but appears to have made a full recovery.)

Lord:
(weakly) What has happened? How did I survive?

Villager 1:
My Lord, the Sage was right. We learned from the hornets,
And found a way to live in harmony with them.

Lord:
(puzzled) Harmony? How is this possible?

Villager 2:
We found a way to protect our crops and livestock,
Without hurting the hornets.

Lord:
(understandingly) I see. I have been foolish,
And have much to learn.

(Exit the Lord)

Epilogue
(The stage is set in the village, where the villagers are seen tending to their crops and livestock, while a group of hornets fly overhead. The Lord is seen watching, with a look of contentment on his face)

Narrator:
And so, the village found a way to live in harmony with the hornets,
And the land prospered once more.
The Lord had learned a valuable lesson,
And the villagers were forever grateful.

(Exit all)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
bonus Aliens story below:

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a race of advanced hornets called the Ancient Hivemind. They were a proud and noble species, known for their courage and intelligence. They were also united by a hivemind, which allowed them to communicate and work together seamlessly. One day, a group of Ancient Hivemind received a distress signal from a distant planet. They knew they had to investigate, even though it meant venturing into the unknown.

Waspley, the Queen of the Ancient Hivemind, was a fierce and experienced warrior. She had fought in many battles and had seen many horrors, but nothing could have prepared her for what they found on that planet.

The Ancient Hivemind landed on the surface and immediately knew something was wrong. The air was thick with a putrid smell and the ground was covered in a thick, black sludge. They cautiously made their way through the twisted and gnarled trees, their nerves on edge.

As they ventured deeper into the unknown world, they soon discovered the source of the distress signal. They found a group of human-like creatures that were terrifying abominations. These monsters were unlike anything the Ancient Hivemind had ever seen before. They had twisted and gnarled bodies, covered in thick, black fur. Their eyes glowed with an eerie red light and their mouths were filled with razor-sharp teeth.

The Ancient Hivemind knew they had to act quickly if they wanted to survive. Waspley led her team into battle, her stinger at the ready. The fight was fierce and brutal, but the Ancient Hivemind were determined to protect their own.

Despite their advanced technology and superior strength, the Ancient Hivemind were outnumbered and outmatched. The monsters seemed to be invincible and the Ancient Hivemind began to lose hope. But Waspley refused to give up. She knew they had to find a way to defeat these creatures and save their people.

With the help of the hivemind, the Ancient Hivemind were able to come up with a strategy and push back the monsters and drive them away. They were victorious, but at a great cost. Many of their comrades had fallen and the planet was left in ruins.

But the Ancient Hivemind were not defeated. They knew that there were other worlds out there, other threats to face. And they would not rest until they had explored them all and protected their people from harm.

The Ancient Hivemind journeyed back home, with the memory of the terrifying abominations they had encountered burned into their minds. They would never forget the horrors they had faced on that unknown world, but they would always remember the courage and determination that had helped them overcome it.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Enjoyed your story (and the bonus too).

Hope you'll participate in our upcoming Contest (theme to still be announced)
Johnny

join