It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeti Airlines ATR-72 cash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
A Yeti Airlines ATR-72, with 72 people on board crashed on approach to Pokhara. The flight originated in Kathmandu, and crashed into a gorge near the airport. At least 64 have been confirmed dead, but it’s believed there are no survivors.

More details as they become available.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

twitter.com...

www.cnn.com...

At least 64 people were killed on Sunday when an aircraft crashed near the city of Pokhara in central Nepal, a government official said.

Seventy-two people -- four crew members and 68 passengers -- were on board the ATR-72 plane operated by Nepal's Yeti Airlines when it crashed, Yeti Airlines spokesman Sudarshan Bartaula said. Thirty-seven were men, 25 were women, three were children and three were infants, Nepal's civil aviation authority reported.

Sorry if the links are messy, I don't post often.

edit on 15-1-2023 by anniquity because: Format

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Terrible ! youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The plane crashed between the old and new airport. I wonder if they got confused and and lined up with the wrong runway.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have been on that kind of plane on that journey a couple of times,but to the old airport.
I know the gorge where the crash happened.

Although the whole of Nepal is challenging for pilots due to both the mountains and the weather-the approach to Pokara is relativley flat and safe.
I am guessing it was a mechanical issue as the planes are pretty rickety and the country is poor.
In my exeprience the buses were more dangerous than the planes-the road sytem is "fluid" and suffers from many landslides and falling boulders.Many bad road crashes happen.

Too much bad luck happens to Nepal-Its a beautiful and magical country with some of the nicest people you will meet.

RIP to those lost.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The death toll is up to 68, with three missing. There were ten foreign nationals on board.

The airport they were supposed to land at was opened two weeks ago. The aircraft involved used an older transponder and had some pretty wild altitude swings. It’s going to take a little while to see better quality data.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
First off prayers to the victims (RIP) of this and their families. You know how you stumble upon something and wished you didn't watch it, this is really depressing to watch viewer discretion is advised.

Allegedly this is a live stream inside, NSFW BTW, it's so hard to tell watching both videos back to back the interior versions timeline doesn't seem to match the exterior version of the crash. Just the representation is horrific and if it is indeed legit... and it might be

Alledged video on Reddit
edit on 15-1-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2023 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nick-named the flying tube of death. Those ATRs are not good on icing conditions.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Two of the four missing have been recovered. Both data recorders were recovered and reportedly are in good condition. The pilot had requested, and was granted a change from runway 01 to 03. That request was made several minutes before the accident.

The impact site was the only open area around. There are multiple communities around the airport. The co-pilot, who was making her last landing before being upgraded, lost her husband in a 2006 accident.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Saw a video from the ground, the plane looked to be flying pretty level coming in low and then suddenly either stalled or made a hard left bank and nosedived.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

The on board video shows everything normal. He moves the camera so it’s not really showing anything, and over the course of about five seconds you go from normal, to people screaming, to flames all around the camera.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

That video makes me wonder if the cell phone that was used during the live streaming was affecting the ATR's avionics in some way.

Possibly there were more than one cell phone in use at the time...

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

It’s possible, but doubtful. There was one crash in the early 80s that they couldn’t solve that might have been caused by electronics on board, but there haven’t been any confirmed accidents of commercial aircraft that I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The on board video shows everything normal. He moves the camera so it’s not really showing anything, and over the course of about five seconds you go from normal, to people screaming, to flames all around the camera.

That's how fast it appeared to happen from the video on the ground, it was literally just a matter of seconds from level flight to bank and dive into the ground.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If the video is real, they went out quick. Prayers go out to the families.

It's going to be interesting to see what the cause was. I'm thinking mechanical failure with pilot over compensating in reation but that's nothing more than an uneducated guess relying solely on the videos.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
If the video is real, they went out quick. Prayers go out to the families.

It's going to be interesting to see what the cause was. I'm thinking mechanical failure with pilot over compensating in reation but that's nothing more than an uneducated guess relying solely on the videos.

Don't rule out clot shot heart attack. Just today heard that the American pilots union is again filing suit over vax mandate and say that is at the route of the airline disruptions. Something big coming in the airlines industry very soon.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Both pilots were pretty experienced. The copilot was about to upgrade to captain, and had over 9,000 hours. The captain was an instructor pilot with over 21,000 hours. If one of them became incapacitated, they should have been able to handle it.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Any word on Icing conditions? It is an ATR afterall. I'm sure they've fixed that since the pilot boycotts but maybe this is a retro 90's model.

While it looks like a stall in the style of Roselawn, the conditions don't seem too icy.

edit on 16-1-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join