It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Local Hospital Is Overwhelmed And There Are Nonstop Ambulance Sirens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Lately I've noticed there are an inordinate amount of ambulances traveling through town with their sirens on. Normally I'd see an ambulance every week or so, and now it's about 3 a day. I also saw a helicopter fly over airlifting someone to another hospital which I've never witnessed before in person. It's to the point that it reliably takes me longer to travel through town because I know i may have to pull over to allow an ambulance to pass by.

A few days ago, I took a friend to the ER who was complaining about heart arythmias. On the way to the ER, i was stopped by an ambulance heading to the same hospital. Upon arrival they asked me to wait with them until they could be seen. We ended up waiting for 10 hours to see a doctor. When we arrived they quickly did the intake procedure and performed an EKG. The EKG print out showed premature ventricular contractions with possible right side atrium enlargement. This wasn't quite a priority case compared to what the ambulances were bringing in, hence the insanely long wait.

The waiting room was packed and a hospital worker walked around and offered a warm blanket. Some people appeared to have greyish skin and looked horribly ill. The hospital worker remarked that there were only 10 beds and they opened up a make shift room to accommodate more patients. Covid cases are not currently high in this area either, and they are extremely understaffed for unknown reasons.

Eventually my friend was seen and the doctor was straight away extremely condescending and annoyed. They acted like this issue didn't warrant an ER visit, but this was at a time when nothing else was open and they were having heart issues confirmed by the EKG. When we brought that up he said the EKG was fine. I had taken a picture with my phone before they nurse took it away, so I showed him and asked him why it said otherwise. He said just because it's abnormal doesn't mean anything is wrong and said he knows what he's talking about and I don't. He asked about risk factors for heart issues and I brought up the vaccine. He was extremely emotional and freaked out and left the room. The nurse came in and apologized for his behavior.

Later the doctor returned and explained that he never recommended the vaccine for anyone under 65 and didn't understand why they were doing it. He said there was a study that linked vaccines to hypercoaguopathy but he didn't think this was related. My friend has never had any issues and has always been extremely healthy and isn't very old. The doctor seemed uninterested in allowing the vaccine to be a risk factor but wrote a referral for an ecocardiograph and said it could be a heart issue. They did run blood work which was unremarkable but its hard to know if there is a structural issue without an ecocardiogram. In the end he seemed very stressed and upset about discussing the vaccine and seemed to be very busy with a case load of people that didn't have Covid, but what did all these people have?

It seems like things are getting out of hand. Ambulances are constantly flooding the hospital with way more patients than usual. Everyone seems sick or has strange health issues. There are way more young people in the obituaries than there should be and a lot of freshly dug graves. And I'm betting I'm not the only one who is seeing this either.

edit on 15-1-2023 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2023 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Lately I've noticed there are an inordinate amount of ambulances traveling through town with their sirens on. Normally I'd see an ambulance every week or so, and now it's about 3 a day. I also saw a helicopter fly over airlifting someone to another hospital which I've never witnessed before in person. It's to the point that it reliably takes me longer to travel through town because I know i may have to pull over to allow an ambulance to pass by.

A few days ago, I took a friend to the ER who was complaining about heart arythmias. On the way to the ER, i was stopped by an ambulance heading to the same hospital. Upon arrival they asked me to wait with them until they could be seen. We ended up waiting for 10 hours to see a doctor. When we arrived they quickly did the intake procedure and performed an EKG. The EKG print out showed premature ventricular contractions with possible right side atrium enlargement. This wasn't quite a priority case compared to what the ambulances were bringing in, hence the insanely long wait.

The waiting room was packed and a hospital worker walked around and offered a warm blanket. Some people appeared to have greyish skin and looked horribly ill. The hospital worker remarked that there were only 10 beds and they opened up a make shift room to accommodate more patients. Covid cases are not currently high in this area either, and they are extremely understaffed for unknown reasons.

Eventually my friend was seen and the doctor was straight away extremely condescending and annoyed. They acted like this issue didn't warrant an ER visit, but this was at a time when nothing else was open and they were having heart issues confirmed by the EKG. When we brought that up he said the EKG was fine. I had taken a picture with my phone before they nurse took it away, so I showed him and asked him why it said otherwise. He said just because it's abnormal doesn't mean anything is wrong and said he knows what he's talking about and I don't. He asked about risk factors for heart issues and I brought up the vaccine. He was extremely emotional and freaked out and left the room. The nurse came in and apologized for his behavior.

Later the doctor returned and explained that he never recommended the vaccine for anyone under 65 and didn't understand why they were doing it. He said there was a study that linked vaccines to hypercoaguopathy but he didn't think this was related. My friend has never had any issues and has always been extremely healthy and isn't very old. The doctor seemed uninterested in allowing the vaccine to be a risk factor but wrote a referral for an ecocardiograph and said it could be a heart issue. They did run blood work which was unremarkable but its hard to know if there is a structural issue without an ecocardiogram. In the end he seemed very stressed and upset about discussing the vaccine and seemed to be very busy with a case load of people that didn't have Covid, but what did all these people have?

It seems like things are getting out of hand. Ambulances are constantly flooding the hospital with way more patients than usual. Everyone seems sick or has strange health issues. There are way more young people in the obituaries than there should be and a lot of freshly dug graves. And I'm betting I'm not the only one who is seeing this either.

We had a massive increase in ambulance sirens summer and fall of 2021. I live and work a block from the ambulance station. It's a town of 1800 people and many days I hear none. We are half an hour from a hospital one way and an hour the other way so I think the ambulance station was put here to attend to accidents on the highway as much as for the community.

Fortunately, it's back to normal now. Maybe they refused boosters around here because covid wasn't really a thing. Now lots of people sick with the mystery illness, pretty mild.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I have a family member who works at one of the hospitals here and they mentioned how they are at capacity. Lots of various infections going around causing the vulnerable to need care.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   

We're seeing exactly the same issues here in the UK. I went to hospital in an ambulance a few months ago due to being in a car accident which affected my spine (I already have central pain syndrome with neuropathies, arthralgia & fibromyalgia, so it was an exacerbation of an existing health issue...) I had to take the ambulance route even though the condition was relatively minor because I can't cope with sitting in ordinary chairs due to the existing condition, it makes my pain levels flare to unbearable within half an hour, so I needed to be able to recline on the trolley. I was taken into the pre-treatment triage room on the trolley, was given some oral morphine, and got sent back out to the ambulance to wait for what was expected to be something like ten hours, with seven ambulances in front of us already. There were twelve or more ambulances parked waiting by the time that my condition had improved sufficiently that I thought it would probably be okay to go back home in a taci.

The paramedics were really snide with me at first, thinking I was wasting their time & making up a fake problem so I could claim compensation for the car accident, but after the lead paramedic went & consulted my notes with the duty consultant he came back really friendly & supportive, clearly having seen that I have a serious health condition which affects me horribly even on an ordinary day. I ended up waiting for four hours, then felt well enough to go home & release the ambulance crew for other patients. Our system is a total #ing mess at the moment, and my family & I have resolved to have as little to do with the NHS as possible at the moment, strictly no vaccines for any of us, working hard to manage our day by day health issues without consulting medics unless we absolutely have to. Hospital is a terrible place to be at the moment, so we're praying that none of us develop anything serious in the coming months.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I've made a game of counting ambulances that's how many I see now (in Australia). Just did a 3 hour drive the other day and counted 4. A few months ago I counted 6 on that same drive. I've never seen this many ambulances on the road so I know it's not normal.
edit on 15/1/2023 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I know somebody that is an HR manager and they tell me many companies that are screaming about worker shortages are actually NOT hiring many qualified people that actually apply. This "worker shortage" BS is crap. Big hospital companies have other things up their sleeves. 😎

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
So I live in a rural area in Virginia. Seeing a life flight used to be a once in a month thing. Now it's literally every other day. The two closest big hospitals are Roanoke and Baptist in Winston Salem. Our local hospital is very small and rather inept when dealing with anything more serious than a broken bone or common cold. Just my observation.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
On point, I've noticed the increase in 'blue' lights for months now here in UK. Asking friends and they say the same.
As far as UK goes.... bring back cottage hospitals!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I've noticed ambulance calls for heart issues have at least doubled since 2021. I listen in on the ham radio in my truck.

Anecdotal, but I have a pretty good baseline to go by, as I've been doing it for about 10 years.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Steve Kirch made small survey about what is going on in Hospitals, mainly in US .

What is REALLY going on in hospitals?

Results of survey

Do you find your local hospital in the list ?

edit on 15-1-2023 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hmm, i dont know lots of people, but everyone has been sick in the last month or two. And three deaths in two weeks, they were in their 50s 60s and 70s. there might be one more by the looks of it, does not seem normal.

Edit, the morgue is full, and it takes much longer to get an autopsy done.
edit on 15-1-2023 by XipeTotex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My house just went through a weird nasty bug that wasn't covid wasn't the flu and wasn't rsv,

I lost taste and smell and had trouble breathing to the point I quit smoking and haven't had one in 3 weeks.

Did not go to the ER but actually considered it after 8 days of breathing problems, I think I have kicked it now but damm it was nasty

Whole house unvaxxed It was nasty for all of them too but I was the only one with breathing issues.

I could see this bug whatever it is sending people to the ER

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Simple answer...partially here. Was in Christmas Eve and Day, local Trauma ER. 3 times prior.

On a Monday night at 7:00pm, the halls were lined with people, yelling, coughing, puking and cryin...vomit on floors....(takes awhile, no or little stat housekeeping showing up.)

I asked the attending physician (I used to work transporting out of there-EMT) what the count was. 150. At 7 on a Monday. His explanation is they are bringing in from other areas now to a Central location treatment fac.

Ok. Now. Ultra cool top notch hospital. No cars on property really, lots empty. I went into an empty ER at 6:50...was back in a room in 10...seeing all those sufferers waiting for tests, xrays...for me, like walking a gauntlet of stares as I stepped over puke.

So...30 min guarantee to be seen....entirely empty lots, looked deserted...BUT...150 sick, wretching, spitting people all lines up in 2 hallways. **(See? They WERE "checked in" in 30....but......)

I get that it manages people, depts and property matters...but I wouldnt believe that those 150 were even in there. But maybe in your case as well? Perhaps a centrally located change in ER or managment were you are?
edit on 01232431America/ChicagoSun, 15 Jan 2023 10:54:24 -060054202300000024 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: offensive
My house just went through a weird nasty bug that wasn't covid wasn't the flu and wasn't rsv,

I lost taste and smell and had trouble breathing to the point I quit smoking and haven't had one in 3 weeks.

Did not go to the ER but actually considered it after 8 days of breathing problems, I think I have kicked it now but damm it was nasty

Whole house unvaxxed It was nasty for all of them too but I was the only one with breathing issues.

I could see this bug whatever it is sending people to the ER

Same here, except I did actually end up hospitalised for a week because the mystery bug turned into pneumonia. Started with all the classic covid symptoms, but tested neg for covid, flu, rsv and everything else the doc could think to test me for once I was in hospital.

Hospital full of patients with the same problems.

No flu jab or covid booster this year, as I never got round to it.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: offensive
Whoah, you've said the wrong thing there. You actually said that no one in your house was vaxed. The majority on ATS can only accept any illness is down to the vaccine.

In the UK (I'll challenge any UK posters to disagree) the hospitals, NHS, is being set up to fail. Corrupt and inefficient managers paid thousands and waste thousands of the less than meagre money pot the government provides and it's being done in front of your eyes. Blaming the ambulance people is quite wrong. It is not the ambulances it's the front line A and E that cannot cope with the extra influx. Before I go on you all must realise that it is winter time accounting for more illnesses and more deaths.

Now the challenge for UK posters. theoretic example (maybe for Americans as well) say 20 years ago your local hospital had a catchment area with say 1000 people. The hospital was more than able to cope. Now bring it to today and the same hospital may have to cover 4000 people. BUT, and here's the rub, like our hospital, the hospitals have not expanded for the extra people. The same amount of wards, the same amount of A and E places??? Therefore.... hospitals being over run and finding very hard to cope with the extra amounts of people.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: offensive
Whoah, you've said the wrong thing there. You actually said that no one in your house was vaxed. The majority on ATS can only accept any illness is down to the vaccine.

Flu still exists despite vaccines not being safe for everyone. Coincidence still exists but when the vaccinated are the guinea pigs for new technology it would be prudent to follow up on all their subsequent illnesses.

We all got flu over xmas, vaccinated and unvaccinated. Everyone cancelled their holiday plans and stayed home.

It's you saying the majority can only accept illness is down to the vaccine. The anti vax people on ATS simply want science to do it's job and follow up properly, governments to not fudge/hide stats, doctors to be allowed to share their concerns, and in the current light unusual deaths of young people should be suspect.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: benjenks

Shoulda took a free Covid test. So you may not infect others.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   
what we're seeing is the collapse of the hospital industry, a consequence of treating healthcare like a business instead of a public service.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
what we're seeing is the collapse of the hospital industry, a consequence of treating healthcare like a business instead of a public service.

Collapse of modern civilization.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0Does anyone think high dose Niacin would help get rid fo the white lignins in our blood; I think you would want the old style with the flush to get anti-histamine release, reduce hypertension buthey will be traveling the arteries still for a while.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join