It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima more bad news for us here

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fairtrade141

Yes. One reason I quit fishing at lock and dam 13 and 14.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtofury
There's naturally occurring tritium and deuterium in all water, the increase from dispersing it in the ocean will result in an unregisterable increase in radiation. This is not really as bad as the sky is falling folk are making it out to be.

Never let reality get in the way of a good panic.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: oikos

originally posted by: Xtofury
There's naturally occurring tritium and deuterium in all water, the increase from dispersing it in the ocean will result in an unregisterable increase in radiation. This is not really as bad as the sky is falling folk are making it out to be.

Never let reality get in the way of a good panic.

I wonder what the fisherman there think of not of a panic for them for all these years.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Well, I haven't had Alaskan king crab to eat since 2011 when Fukushima blew. I looked at the Pacific seawater current maps and seeing how everything off of that coast of Japan was going to swing past Alaska on it's way to the USA west coast, I decided my diet could do without those king crabs. Of course, that is likely just one of the many death blows governments are dealing to the planet (and us peons living on it), both inadvertent and purposeful. When you see government acting like there is no tomorrow, it gets you to thinking that well, perhaps, just perhaps, they know something they aren't telling us about. You have to assume there must be people working in some government agencies with real working brains that are paid as actuaries with unlimited funds and data sources on a world wide level.

When you see things that you don't understand, perhaps that is by design, because we aren't being given all the facts.

IMHO.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: musicismagic

We are seeing scary anomalies across the Pacific from Fuki (as we say)....in fish, plant life, water...on the Western US shore.

And why is the entire crab population this year Alaska way...gone? The entire 22-23 season in all those TV shows.

I think Fukis fault....North East of you...I believe it's the reason.

Good luck over there MIM...

Do you have links for any of this?

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
Well Greenpeace has something to say about that -

"Fukushima nuclear waste decision also a human rights issue". Kyodo News English version. Japan. Archived from the original on 2020-07-13. ^ Greenpeace International (13 April 2021). "The Japanese government's decision to discharge Fukushima contaminated water ignores human rights and international maritime law". Greenpeace.

“The Japanese government has once again failed the people of Fukushima. The government has taken the wholly unjustified decision to deliberately contaminate the Pacific Ocean with radioactive wastes. It has discounted the radiation risks and turned its back on the clear evidence that sufficient storage capacity is available on the nuclear site as well as in surrounding districts.[2] Rather than using the best available technology to minimize radiation hazards by storing and processing the water over the long term, they have opted for the cheapest option [3], dumping the water into the Pacific Ocean.

...they opted for the cheapest option. Why aren't other countries throwing money at this to find new technology?

Because #1 they don't really give a crap about the environment unless they can use it to gain power.

#2, the designs for safe reactors have been there for a very long time and OUR GOVERNMENTS don't want them because they don't make Plutonium for weapons.

#3 The elite jerk offs are saying we HAVE TO REDUCE THE POPULATION and they mean it.

I say they can go to hell.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I dont sorry, but it was broadcast over tv networks addressing this years episodes of those Alaska fishing shows.

This year they went out...and all crabs of all kinds were gone. No adults, no undersized young ones. Nothing. Millions and millions of them. Gone. 1st time in recorded history...and so if last year they sent back down the young ones...why are they too, gone? Nothing.

You can easily search this.

Best

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I think the concept of diluting radioactive material is an ass backward strategy. In fact they should be removing the water and concentrating the heavier elements. Tritium is a bit of a tricky issue but it is possible to treat the water with high-voltage High frequency pulsed DC electric arc and Stimulate the beta decay of the tritium.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   
They are removing heavy elements, they use zeolytes to do that. The water they are dumping is essentially distilled heavy water. Much of the folks panicking over this are not any of the experts in the field of nuclear physics.

There is naturally occuring radiation all around us.

The largest concern was the plume from the initial disaster, ceasium, strontium, even bits of plutonium (not much but did come from mox fuel rods), uranium, etc. Many of these have basically forever half lives from our perspective. Then there radioactive xenon gas (short half life). The negligeable part of radio isotopes is the deuterium and tritium, the half lives much shorter.

originally posted by: machineintelligence

I think the concept of diluting radioactive material is an ass backward strategy. In fact they should be removing the water and concentrating the heavier elements. Tritium is a bit of a tricky issue but it is possible to treat the water with high-voltage High frequency pulsed DC electric arc and Stimulate the beta decay of the tritium.

edit on 15-1-2023 by Xtofury because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

We're talking about millions of gallons of contaminated water.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Just thought I'd drop this here:

Ocean heat shatters record with warming equal to 5 atomic bombs exploding "every second" for a year. Researchers say it's "getting worse."

[www.cbsnews.com...]

If you kill the oceans you kill life on this rock.

Man doesn't have a lot of time left to start living in harmony with nature; as it stands the the two cannot coexist. It may look like Mother Nature is loosing, but I'm betting she still has a few tricks up her sleeve to get rid of the parasites before they do her in.

posted on Jan, 15 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Ocean heat shatters record with warming equal to 5 atomic bombs exploding "every second" for a year. Researchers say it's "getting worse."

[www.cbsnews.com...]

Man doesn't have a lot of time left to start living in harmony with nature; as it stands the the two cannot coexist. It may look like Mother Nature is loosing, but I'm betting she still has a few tricks up her sleeve to get rid of the parasites before they do her in.

At two points in Earth's history it was nothing but volcanoes. I have faith she will bounce back, but it won't be with us as a living presence.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Surprisingly, little research has been done on the long-term effects of radiation exposure but what they have learned is that wildlife is living with the resulting mutations, which includes small bird populations being 40% sterile.

How all this translates to human health is far from clear. The more complex an organism is – and humans are relatively complex – the more susceptible to radioactivity it is thought to be. But the main reason places like Bikini Atoll and Chernobyl are deemed too dangerous for us is not down to some physiological differences between humans and other animals, but because the threshold of risk is set much lower for us than for wildlife.

“It comes down to a political and sociological discussion – not a scientific one,” Smith says. He believes that the recent research suggests that in reality, the risk in much of the region around Chernobyl now is not very high. “Organisms are used to mutation, it’s part of life,” he says.

In truth, scientists know little about how chronic exposure to low-level radiation affects the body. One of the main planks for understanding the link between radiation exposure and cancer is the so-called Life Span Study, in which 94,000 survivors of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, 27,000 unexposed individuals, and their children, have been monitored since 1950. But even there, the effects are less significant than most people think, Smith says. Mousseau, however, argues that endpoints other than cancer, like number of cataracts, head size or immune disorders, reveal a more nuanced picture.

www.sciencefocus.com...

I suppose the experts think that diluting the heavy water in seawater will be at very low levels that it may not cause severe mutations, but they really don't know.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Surprisingly, little research has been done on the long-term effects of radiation exposure but what they have learned is that wildlife is living with the resulting mutations, which includes small bird populations being 40% sterile.

I'm sure Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and the Fukushima nuclear power plant accidents has nothing to do with rapidly declining birth rates.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I'm sure Three Mile Island, Chernobyl and the Fukushima nuclear power plant accidents has nothing to do with rapidly declining birth rates.

Oh no, that topic again.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Oh no, that topic again.

Sorry.

Everything on earth is interconnected. My mind tends to gravitate to the Big Picture, with all the gruesome details.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
They've got plenty of space to store the contaminated water, yet they're going to pollute the ocean with radioactive waste.

In what world does this make sense?

ha!

and people are worried about the weather.

boy do they feel foolish.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

[www.cbsnews.com...]

At two points in Earth's history it was nothing but volcanoes. I have faith she will bounce back, but it won't be with us as a living presence.

well we had a pretty good run for a bit
until someone invented democrats.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoomsdayDude

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

My friend? I've gone from burning trash in our suburbs to them creating landfills. Mountains of trash that are real mountains.

We hide, bury our unwanteds. Body parts, garbage, dead animals, chemicals, biohazards...even Nuke waste...we just hide it.

When nothings left here...we will need to leave...or transform it....but.,we Earthlings have a very poor track record.😕

We humans are now worse than the Malon of Star Trek: Voyager stuffing our garage in every nook and cranny of our own damn home planet! I now rename the Earth as Planet Junkyon from Transformers: The Animated Movie! 🌏🗑️☢️

Welcome to the planet of junk! 🤮

or send it through the devils anus to sakaar, in ragnarok

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join