It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Satellite Discovers second Earth-sized Planet in habitable zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Time to move?

Will the New World Order claim it for themselves or kick us to the curb along with all other undesirables? This is very interesting as it develops into the future. Will it go to the highest bidder or will Musk mine it?

NASA satellite discovers second Earth-sized planet in habitable zone

Scientists from NASA announced Tuesday that they discovered an Earth-size planet orbiting its star's habitable zone. Called TOI 700 e, the planet is part of the TOI 700 system and is 95% the Earth's size and likely rocky, according to NASA, which used data from its Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS). "This is one of only a few systems with multiple, small, habitable-zone planets that we know of," Emily Gilbert, a postdoctoral fellow at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California who led the work, said in a statement on NASA's

NASA’s TESS Discovers Planetary System’s Second Earth-Size World

Using data from NASA’s Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, scientists have identified an Earth-size world, called TOI 700 e, orbiting within the habitable zone of its star – the range of distances where liquid water could occur on a planet’s surface. The world is 95% Earth’s size and likely rocky. Astronomers previously discovered three planets in this system, called TOI 700 b, c, and d. Planet d also orbits in the habitable zone. But scientists needed an additional year of TESS observations to discover TOI 700 e. “This is one of only a few systems with multiple, small, habitable-zone planets that we know of,” said Emily Gilbert, a postdoctoral fellow at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Southern California who led the work. “That makes the TOI 700 system an exciting prospect for additional follow up. Planet e is about 10% smaller than planet d, so the system also shows how additional TESS observations help us find smaller and smaller worlds.”

edit on 12-1-2023 by Waterglass because: hit wrong key

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

gosh, I didn't think planets would disappear so fast.

(post by Waterglass removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You must understand that this stuff isn't just about what humans have and want anymore. As for that distant system, and many others the real estate is already taken.

Decades ago, I figured that ETs visitors to our lands-maybe instigated by visitors to their systems, understood that large asteroidal bodies made nifty spaceships. That mode of travel became universal for star-to-star travels. We call such ships comets, whereas, I call them cometships.

I just dragged out some of my old work to check if I had placed any comets having come from pretty much that exact place (as given by the coordinates). Yep! A long-period comet way back in 1780 came from that area.

Comets are funny things. Astronomers tell us that comets "orbit" is amazing, impossibly long, elliptical orbits of many, many thousands of years. They say that because comets are truthfully, the UFOs of deep space and they must have some concept to explain them. So, they do exactly that with math and we accept what they tell us.

Some several comets may come from the same point in the sky. They are called "comet clusters." Supposedly, there were once large bodies that fractured and eventually separated over the years. Their return times to our sun is usually in tens of thousands of years according to the orbits fashioned for them. Maybe not. Let's take some of the many long-period comets from near Sirius. Rather than being more or less random in their spaced in their returns, it seems that some are regularly returning in short periods of 83 years. The most recent returns of these three bodies were in 1998, 2006 and 2007. That was the third return to our system for each of them and easy to determine IF you ignore the orbital times that science has applied to them.

Ignore my words or beat me to death with science, as an old UFO abductee, I don't care anymore.

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Time to move?

Will the New World Order claim it for themselves or kick us to the curb along with all other undesirables? This is very interesting as it develops into the future. Will it go to the highest bidder or will Musk mine it?

Begs the question. How are you going to get there?
edit on 1/12/2023 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Will it go to the highest bidder or will Musk mine it?

Neither , it's 100 light years away so without Warp drive it's another interesting find for James Webb to take a look at.

The Moon is where the bidding and mining is going to happen and no doubt Musk will be a part of that , if he hasn't sent himself broke by then.

edit on 12-1-2023 by gortex because: edit to add

(post by chr0naut removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The Moon is an easy target but asteroids will be more profitable for small operations. The Moon's gravity makes getting the material off the surface more expensive.

Catch an asteroid with a make up of mostly valuable materials. Attach a small thruster set to it. Then move it where you want to process it. All with minimal fuel expense.

I am not talking about gold and diamonds, most likely structural metal material will be sought after.

Now if you could catch a comet, you have lots of fuel to sell and use with no expense to lift it into orbit.

As far as planets light years away, there must be a development in faster than light drive or jump drive to get there.

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Discovers second Earth-sized Planet in habitable zone

"Habitable Zone" is meaningless.

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You should take a job with the truth serum agencies such as; SNOPES. Then you can be a gas bag truther and a Class I Space Cadet on outer space isues.

Hot Air Over Gas Stoves

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The Moon is where the bidding and mining is going to happen and no doubt Musk will be a part of that , if he hasn't sent himself broke by then.

Agree. The moon also has some element that is rare earth to the extreme

Helen_Field Scientists in China Discover Rare Moon Crystal that Could Power Earth

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't have enough clout or coin so I would have to be someones slut puppy bitch boy. You know any pretty millionaire women?

posted on Jan, 18 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Observer19

Ignore my words or beat me to death with science, as an old UFO abductee, I don't care anymore.

F the science I believe you.

I have my own baggage since the 2nd grade and it only took me 40 years to figure it out and some rouge web site called ATS almost got me there as one still have to do the digging. What I found is incredible

new topics

top topics

join