It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very General Question About Live Feed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So, the "recent" section on the Live feed has disappeared. (for me at least)

What happened to it? 😱

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NormalGuyCrazyWorld
So, the "recent" section on the Live feed has disappeared. (for me at least)

What happened to it? 😱

I've still got it and it is updating...

Check your internet connection speed.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

My internet speed? Are you seriously trolling me? It's obviously not that...

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I thought it might be my script blocker, but it's off on ATS.

I thought it might be my ad blocker, but it's off on ATS.

The Recent section from the Live feed mysteriously disappeared from my feed, shortly after I created my ATS account, but not immediately.

Do the moderators have the power to do something like that to a user?

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Are you using a different device or resolution?

Try scrolling all the way to the bottom of the live page.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NormalGuyCrazyWorld

Just so you know. this would be better suited here board business & questions for ATS problems, and with that being said.

Try clearing out your 'cache', run CCleaner (free) close, then reboot and see what happens.

You are the only one that has complained about the feed.... so (at this time), it would appear that it's on 'your end'.

I know thats not what you want to hear... But try the above and lets see what happens.
Johnny

edit on 1/7/2023 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

Try clearing out your 'cache', run CCleaner (free) close, then reboot and see what happens.

You are he only one that has complained about the feed.... so (at this time), it would appear that it's on 'your end'.

I know thats not what you want to hear... But try the above and lets see what happens.
Johnny

Yeah, I realize I have to "do the next steps" to solve this problem, I just thought maybe someone was messing with me. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What NightFlight wrote can happen. When I had water damage in my home, we had to live in my shop in a makeshift bedroom. Internet connection wasn't hooked up yet so I tethered with my mobile phone on a broom stick to get better network coverage.

Sites would not load completely. Some websites load a certain amount and show it to you, then the browser tries to get the rest. If that does not happen, obviously, that stuff is missing and not showing up.

Recent in live is there for me.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ah something I remembered, have you been fudging with your MTU size window? Or installed a tool that "optimizes" your computer? VPN?

Because all three (in single) can lead to things like I explained. An easy explanation would be the data you get is analogous to sheets of paper. And the packets that your computer makes, may not be the exact size of that sheet of paper. If that is the case, your data packets are being hacked up and reassembled even more than usual.

So the receiving computer has to "glue" all these sheets together in the end. On UDP connections (HTTP should be TCP/IP stack though) that can lead to crazy website behavior. I encountered such in my old job, the fix was setting a different MTU window size on the WAN interface. Normally it should be 1500 (bytes per frame). You may want to decrease it in 100 byte steps and see if the issue resolves.

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Thanks for your replies. I have at least isolated the issue to my particular browser. There was no conspiracy to "mess with me" after all! 😁 😅

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NormalGuyCrazyWorld
a reply to: TDDAgain

Thanks for your replies. I have at least isolated the issue to my particular browser. There was no conspiracy to "mess with me" after all! 😁 😅

Oh there's still a conspiracy to mess with you...you just don't know it yet!

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

Because you mention it, little update for you:

The ouzel is peacocky about the milling stone, but the crows have not flinched yet.

edit on 9.1.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

Because you mention it, little update for you:

The ouzel is peacocky about the milling stone, but the crows have not flinched yet.

Honestly...why have the crows not flinched yet??? They should have flinched by now!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Because the duck is still around the pond.

top topics

join