It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Has a Soul Around You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2023 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Your soul is the collection of your choices and experiences in this life. It becomes the adornment of your eternal spirit but stained with sin; It becomes your eternal hell with only oblivion to free you...striking you from the book of life...

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I am having a difficult time wondering what part of my post you are referring to.

Apologies I have a tendency to wander on topics like this... I was mostly musing about the idea of the soul and how that fits our individual and collective thoughts on good or bad.

I feel a bit reluctant to describe others as taking pleasure in others pain, because I believe that they can choose to change, learn and grow like anybody else, if that was you were referring to. They have a soul too in my opinion.

This

I have similar beliefs, reading many of the posts here I get the impression that bad = soulless in many people's mind, yet good and bad is a scale that gives different results depending on the mind. Our ideas of morality is based on experience, influence and thought.

It leads me to think about free will since it has me questioning where the choice lays in other minds. I believe in free will and the soul, I believe these things are universal within humans.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

No problem.

I feel reluctant to discuss individuals like that because it is all too easy to judge them. That's not job, and it's above my pay grade. There are consequences for the decisions we make, and most become aware of this sooner or later.

edit on 5-1-2023 by dffrntkndfnml because: spaceing and spelling

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

So free will is thought?

Animals think and they express free will but they're often a lot more tied to their genetic make-up and their surroundings. I'm fascinated by genetics and how they affect the mind. Genetic memory isn't the thing that governs the mind I'd think.

Which is the only duality that's important to us: soul vs animal

What about the inanimate?

My thinking is that people can be affected by inanimate things, if those things were built with intention to "stir the soul" then didn't they imbibe it with soul?

In most minds duality gives black and white pictures. Instead of a scale they make two boxes and things go in them. Many people still think along the lines of humans being fundamentally different than animals. Some beliefs place animals as soulless.

Wandered a bit...

Thought seems to be the key to it all. We're the most advanced thinkers on earth apparently but we're not alone. I keep thinking there's genetic thoughts as well as memory and the brain is an organ for the process... Evolution basically.

If free will is thought then maybe the soul is a manifestation of free will.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

I agree.

Good and bad is a scale for me and I'm reluctant to use the language that puts activity into camps/boxes.

We say death is bad but it's awesome for the worms...
It's all relative.

It's what I was getting at with duality, we apply it to everything. Things get messy when speaking about spirituality and how people act or think.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The problem is we're just pushing words. I could ask what is 'thought' to you, but we'd really just be chasing our tail.

To me I think it points to a different approach that we need all across the board. Inanimate is which is only affected by time and change. Life is what is affecting time and change.
All of it is recorded in all its stages in the structures and forms around us.

I think it gets very iffy to make a distinction inside Life, intelligence, or consciousness, is really just muddying the waters no matter if you look at it as scale or boxes, because they need eachother to emerge.

Likewise I don't think matter and life would work as duality.
The one is making decisions at points, the other just is being changed. Active and passive maybe would be a way to work that into a duality. But why would I?

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Language fails but it's language that allows us to share defined ideas and thoughts.

I'm pretty much programmed to define things. It's only a problem when I think I'm right.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Language fails but it's language that allows us to share defined ideas and thoughts.

Language is more than a code but it's a little bit like maths, as in you describe with variables of a defined value an observation, or thought, or occurence, or...

I'm pretty much programmed to define things. It's only a problem when I think I'm right.

If you don't think you'd be right, nobody would. Would that be an improvement?
There's also no shame in being wrong.
Definitions are super important. To describe the value of the symbol you're conveying.
Alas one can't help but wonder sometimes if the definitions aren't getting in the way of understanding.
Another duality perhaps? Reflection vs sending?

posted on Jan, 6 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Language evolves with time and is intrinsically linked with culture, I find that it can be imprecise and an improvement of vocabulary doesn't help at all when talking subjectively about the soul or things of that nature.

Math is beautifully universal but useless when measuring the seemingly unmeasurable.

If you don't think you'd be right, nobody would. Would that be an improvement?
There's also no shame in being wrong.

I might be right about a lot of things but I prefer being wrong. I learn more that way.

I like to define things and then attempt to pull them apart. If that doesn't work I'll let others have a go at it too. I find that definitions do get in the way.

It's mostly me thinking others are wrong. In a world of yes and no I'm finding I learn more by saying maybe. I'm still defining but I try not to let it be a source of conflict.

posted on Jan, 7 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What is a conscience if it not aware.

If I was a main character yelling at the sky, and destroyed a village of npcs then felt bad or cried about it. I think that would mean I still had more character an be forgiven since God wasn’t there. Then again, there is that load an save function I hope so I won’t be stuck in perpetual limbo cause one of the NPCs had an Uber or main quest.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join