It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just wondering about the FBI and social media.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
*SNIP*

How many millions of people do you think it would take to monitor everyones activities online? I'd think if they are online, they are looking specifically at people already known to them as either threats or criminals. Considering the human resources they have, that's all they are capable of.

*SNIP*

Adding on to this...

So, the Idaho serial killer. It is now believed that he was very active on social media - before, during, after the killings. He was very active on Reddit and in FB crime groups (under fake names of course). People took screen shots before things were scrubbed....but his posts made it so obvious he was probably one to be watched if not the killer. In fact, some people called him out "you sure are acting like you are the killer". No, you wont hear this from LE. But I have been reading all of this - after the fact on crime forums/groups.

Was LE/FBI camping out on reddit/FB groups reading and watching him? Maybe. Id assume someone alerting them.

But like you said, there is not enough manpower to just sit and read every post on the zillions of forums, comment sections, groups, etc. They would have to be actively looking. And far too many people think they are a threat in the conspiracies they talk about. Nah. Talking about conspiracies does not threaten 'them' and cause them to watch you. They know the verbiage and style and tone they are looking for. And I rarely have seen that *here*.

I sometimes post/read on another site - a small time news site (they just repost news) and have a comment section. Everyone there swears the FBI sits around reading their comments. I roll my eyes because none of them are making threats. None of them are dropping secrets. They are just sitting around a campfire bull#ting thoughts like the rest of us.

If im going to drop something to catch some eyes - it would not be here. It would be Twitter.

(post by NormalGuyCrazyWorld removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join