It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Property Rights This is crazy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
In Los Angeles, property rights don't exist.
Wow! They ( the landlords ) better take take this to the Supreme court real fast. This is just a tad bit of the article.

A motion approved by the county’s Board of Supervisors last week prohibits the eviction of low-income delinquent tenants through the end of January 2023, as long as they claim some hardship related to COVID-19, respiratory syncytial virus, or the flu. Under the motion, landlords are also prohibited from evicting tenants for causing nuisances or having unauthorized pets. In other words, landlords are being forced to give up the rights to their property and allow renters who won’t respect or pay for it to live there permanently.

And I lived in Los Angeles years ago. I guess the city should be called " Lost Angels"

www.msn.com... a19

Mod Note: "ex" tags are mandatory on all quoted material from outside of ATS to avoid the appearance of plagiarism. No exceptions.

edit on 2/4/2023 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

At least they are being open about it. In Allegheny County Pennsylvania the Chief Justice of the County Court system has ordered a stop to processing eviction paperwork. This has been going on for over a year.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Communist policies in California is like somebody getting shot in Chicago. It's nothing unusual and will continue till people are smart enough to vote out the idiots who run the place, which obviously will be no time soon because it just keeps getting worse.

In other words....*shrug* It's California.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Communist policies in California is like somebody getting shot in Chicago. It's nothing unusual and will continue till people are smart enough to vote out the idiots who run the place, which obviously will be no time soon because it just keeps getting worse.

Do you still believe it's possible to vote politicians out of office? I'm bot sure I do anymore. I find myself wondering if we ever truly had that power.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sounds an awful lot like communism.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It's not just LA. There's an ongoing saga on TikTok where a property owner in CO is fighting a city because of a creek that's in her back yard. The town is trying to steal land claiming adverse possession.

www.9news.com...

You can follow the drama here.
www.tiktok.com...@wickedwitch_ofthe_west
edit on 30-12-2022 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Look what happened with the Gavin Newsome recall....

a reply to: nugget1

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   

In Spain, for years now, it has been practically impossible to evict squatters who move into one's living space if one is away from that space 48 hours or more.

This legal idiocy is so ingrained they now have members of parliament in Spain who were squatters when they were so-called "students" in the university system there.

I thought about moving to Spain at one point, but did not once I heard about the rights squatters have there. That would be a nightmare in a country in which one was native ... in another country ... no way.

Cheers
edit on 30-12-2022 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Velcomm lolz angeles 😁

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

In Spain, for years now, it has been practically impossible to evict squatters who move into one's living space if one is away from that space 48 hours or more.

This legal idiocy is so ingrained they now have members of parliament in Spain who were squatters when they were so-called "students" in the university system there.

I thought about moving to Spain at one point, but did not once I heard about the rights squatters have there. That would be a nightmare in a country in which one was native ... in another country ... no way.

Cheers

Can't be right, surely?

48 hours ??!!!
So if you bring the family away for a week's holidays, you could come home to losing your house?

Seems an incredible short amount of time to be vacant from your property, to then going and losing it?

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

They used to hire local gangsters to "persuade" people to leave that were squatting in NY.

Fun times.

www.bbc.com...
edit on 30-12-2022 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My prediction for California's future: Rich and safe, the people in power will remain inside their gated communities and in their tall towers, surrounded by personal security.

Meanwhile, everyone else will be a drugged out homeless person who only cares about their next fix, and they don't even mind sleeping next to murderers and pedophiles - because they are too high to care.

What a "utopia!"

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I no longer feel sorry for people living in a communist state.
I also am no longer shocked at the stuff happening in them.
Betcha those home owners voted for the POS who are making these decisions.
Oh well. 49 other states to move to. Figure it out.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: DAVID64

Do you still believe it's possible to vote politicians out of office? I'm bot sure I do anymore. I find myself wondering if we ever truly had that power.

Depends on the state maybe.
Florida and Texas are doing well. However, here in TX, the blue are moving in and all of the big cities are pure blue. Only the suburbs are red.

With that said.....I really am not sure voting matters much...and that is where they want us. In that mindset. So I fight it and vote anyways. But I fled a commie state to my native 'free' state. And while Im not completely happy here. At least its not a commie state.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You should be able to ventilate squatters.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

costaluzlawyers.es...

It is full-on insane.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   

My boyfriend told me all about this...that's why im trying to get him to move to South America with me

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh

My boyfriend told me all about this...that's why im trying to get him to move to South America with me

Wait wuuut??? You mean the South America that millions of South Americans are leaving to come to the good ole USA? The South America where the crime is even worse and drug cartels openly control the 'law'? Interesting.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Sounds like what BLM was trying to do with the Hammond Ranch in Oregon.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I’d like to see the faces of the squatters in my house when I show up with a Jason mask and a walking dead baseball bat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join