It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — Come to Me Official Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Released a couple of hours ago GSC Game World show a little more detail on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 in this new gameplay trailer , the game is still targeted for a 2023 release but as it's being made in Ukraine timelines are obviously subject to change.

Looking good !

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I purchased Chrenobylite much earlier just to hold me over.
You should too .
In fact , I will continue playing it and not start S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 until I have completed it.
It's that good (to me)
edit on 12/29/22 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   
i would love to play it but my pc only has a basic graphics card. i'd rather buy a console and kick back in my recliner and play it but last i checked it was impossible to find the newer consoles so i just gave up trying lol. i haven't play any games in over a year.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 06:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

A nice upgrade in Graphics from older titles, I still hold that Shadow of Chernobyl is a really great game despite it's depressing atmosphere, a huge semi open world made up of huge cells that each felt very open, even the weak mutants were tough and dangerous and it was a very creepy and often very scary game at the time, also rock hard to beat especially for a casual like myself.

So it is nice to see how the franchise has developed, not sure if I will get this but given that it is a modern title I would expect a true open world experience and an absolutely massive map otherwise it risk's becoming what thief three was to thief a pretender masquerading as a successor, still it looks to be very good indeed.

Also these games are truly weird so it takes a little getting a western mind around the concepts at times.

Although not the same franchise I found the metro games to be in some ways better successors to the first Stalker games although they were mostly claustrophobic but then some of Stalkers best parts were in claustrophobic underground mazes and tunnels populated by some pretty nasty dangers.

It's a shame they are separate franchise though of course there worlds are very different, Stalker after the disaster and a growing danger called the Zone that is slowly spreading and a post apocalyptic entire world of the Metro decimated and mutated by a full scale nuclear war that has torn there world apart.

I wonder, stalker used to have several fan made full games as the original game became open source, dated but still acceptable graphics for it's age.
Lost Alpha jumps to mind but there are several other's.

Of course if anyone is tempted make sure you have an up to date AV and check it for malware, open source big files can be dangerous and I seem to recall having mine flag this as a possible issue so I won't link though mod database is were I got that one and some malware was then found by McAfee so be careful.

Of course buying the new game should have no such problems that old games that have become freeware do have so this is just a cautionary in case anyone else has a bit of nostalgia for the old game going there.

This video of lost alpha opens during a blow out so?.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   
wasnt there a version of this for the oculus? i cant find it. looks like a really good game. I wish i had more time to play these days.. I also wish they do a metroid remake for the vr.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I've had Chernobylite on my Steam wish list for a few months now , it's now downloading.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bubbabilly

I think Stalker in VR would be PTSD inducing but brilliant , Half-Life Alex was scary enough for me.

posted on Dec, 31 2022 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

I've had Chernobylite on my Steam wish list for a few months now , it's now downloading.

I have had it since the early release days.
Then they put out the "enhanced" and kinda broke it .
Then came the HUGE update and all was well .

posted on Jan, 1 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Loved the STALKER series. I've enjoyed Anomaly and GAMMA a lot over the last year.

And Chernobylite was fun.

I'll need a new PC though to run this which may or may not be in the works for 2023. Few other things to take care of first then maybe the splurge on a hole new rig.

new topics

top topics

join