It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Folks to see This were Neanderthals

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Comet "C/2022 E3 (ZTF)" was discovered earlier this year but by the end of January or Early February next year we could get a naked eye view of a comet last seen 50,000 years ago , although the Neanderthals had the benefit of zero light pollution we get to see it early thanks to twitter user Michael Jäger who took this rather lovely picture of it yesterday.

twitter.com...

The comet is currently on its approach to perihelion (its closest approach to the Sun), which will occur on January 12. It will be closest to Earth – known as at perigee – on February 1. Around this point, it may be visible to the naked eye, though Sky at Night point out it would likely look like a smudge of chalk dust on a chalk board rather than the dazzling display put on by comet Neowise.
www.iflscience.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thank you for this Gortex
It IS uplifting information at a time when most things are very troubling
We do live on a fascinating planet and I for one can easily forget the true beauty and vastness we travel and the interesting spectacles we can easily miss out on.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Dude, so,

We went camping in the mountains maybe a year or so ago and it was so mindblowing.
To see the milky way again and all , and i mean all of the stars was such a gift.

Then you come back to 'civilisation' and you're like. baa

I wish we could have modern things but less light pollution.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I was just out of high school when Haleys comet and that Hale Bopp comet(that was a good one) came around.

I enjoy seeing events like that.

Thanks for the heads up Gortex...👍

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It is said in Hopi Indian prophecy that a great blue star will appear in the heavens

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   

From your picture GORTEX seems you were around the last time this comet appeared .....

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Some days it feels like it mate.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Dude, so,

We went camping in the mountains maybe a year or so ago and it was so mindblowing.
To see the milky way again and all , and i mean all of the stars was such a gift.

Then you come back to 'civilisation' and you're like. baa

I wish we could have modern things but less light pollution.

I lived in Outer Mongolia for several years, part of that time in a nomad community in the countryside. Mongolia is one of the least electrified countries, so no light pollution, and in the winter ambient temperature was less than -30°C, so no humidity in the sky. The nigjt sky was dark and intensely clear. It was breathtaking. People from the city would visit and I'd take them outside at night just to see their faces when I told them to look up.

posted on Dec, 30 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

It's so intense. It really makes you realise how tiny you are and how vast the universe is.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Beautiful comet! Very good that at its brightest it will be near the North Star, easily observable from all of the Northern Hemisphere. Will be definitely a great binoculars object.

new topics

top topics

join