It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jan. 6 Committee withdraws Trump subpoena, prepares to disband next week

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Two years of so-called investigations, more than 1,000 witnesses interviewed, unending press conferences, threats and intimidations of various degree and nature - and it was all a big nothing-burger. Just more tax payer money wasted on a federal witch hunt - that failed yet again...

Despite having to withdraw the request for subpoena, because they know they won't get it, and preparing to dissolve the committee as soon as next week, they still maintain that:

Trump engaged in a “multi-part conspiracy” to upend the 2020 election and failed to act on the violence

Despite this belief, they are still cancelling the request for the subpoena and dissolving the panel. That doesn't sound like a good idea if their continued allegations are true...but that is what they are saying anyway.

If anyone still thinks this was a legitimate investigation of criminal acts I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I would like to sell...

link

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

But! But! We got him this time! The walls! They were closing in!

What recourse is there for the failed investigation? At least an ", or bad" statement for everyone who had to pay for this failure?

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   

They wasted a lot of our taxpayer dollars. Some authority should force the leadership to repay that debt.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I was actually surprised when I read this in the news. They must have another angle or something else incoming.

They never withdraw unless they're about to double-down.

I've been thinking they're about to go FR and try to indict him on some drummed up BS.

Nothing would surprise me.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:16 PM
link   

On the last day of the show, Schiff, Cheney and the rest of the paid actors will stand on the stage holding hands and take a bow.
Liberals in the audience will throw roses at their feet.
edit on 29-12-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

All the grandstanding and showboating, the bragging and jeering... "crickets"

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I would love to see them forced to pay it back. With interest, of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Hay where is that kelly wanna be solider guy? The perp walk guy on a new account yea where is he?

Lol….Lmfao.

To all the “ThEy GoT hIM ThIs TiMe” crowd…. How’s your fabricated reality treating you?

edit on 29-12-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2022 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I felt the same way. At no point did I dare to think it was over. Its just, "What's next?"

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

lol you people are funny. It was a committee they wrote their final report, concluded the witness testimony and are now wrapping it up.
From the horses mouth

"As you may know, the select committee has concluded its hearings, released its final report and will very soon reach its end," Thompson, D-Miss., wrote. "In light of the imminent end of our investigation, the select committee can no longer pursue the specific information covered by the subpoena."

abc

I hope your not popping the champagne corks yet, because the suggestion you guys have apparently missed is that they thought there was enough grounds for a criminal investigation by the appropriate institutions.
Which is probably why they're packing it in so quickly.

So yeah celebrate victory before the real battle has begun, I wouldn't expect anything else from you guys...
lol

You can download the 800+ pages report here in case you want to see how deep in # your hero is.
I highly recommend it.

edit on 29-12-2022 by Peeple because: add

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

They will be called heroes and biden will give them a medal for bravery. Sort of a congressional pin the tail on the jackass game...

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   

They were never serious anyway. If they got Trump in there and started asking questions, they knew they would get answers they couldn't spin.
They wanted a show where they controlled the narrative and Trump would have ruined that.

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Say the line Bart!

a reply to: Peeple

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Despite this belief, they are still cancelling the request for the subpoena and dissolving the panel. That doesn't sound like a good idea if their continued allegations are true...but that is what they are saying anyway.

The panel was formed by a vote in the House of Reps as part of the 117th Congress. Any particular Congress has authority for a period of 2 years from the time they are first seated. That period of authority comes to an end in 2 or 3 business days after which the next Congress will take over. The panel has to be dissolved in a few days because the Congress that established it will no longer exist. It doesn't matter if it's a "good idea" or not and it has absolutely no bearing on whether the allegations are true or not.

Are you really so ignorant of the way the government works that you don't know this?

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:34 PM
link   
A fake committee. It should have never existed. It did not include the bipartisan members it promised.

The Senate said no.
The FBI already released their report.

I mean, we are all talking about this today but what about the Mar-A-Lago files? I thought the media said he was selling nuclear secrets? No one cares this week because it is about this?

There is no battle. There is nothing to be won. The needed soundbites for the midterms are complete.

It is time to simply move on folks.

link   
When will they release the peaceful protestors from the gulag?

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

They wasted a lot of our taxpayer dollars. Some authority should force the leadership to repay that debt.

Please mister Constitutional Scholar, explain to us exactly who that authority would be?

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

The panel was formed by a vote in the House of Reps as part of the 117th Congress. Any particular Congress has authority for a period of 2 years from the time they are first seated. That period of authority comes to an end in 2 or 3 business days after which the next Congress will take over. The panel has to be dissolved in a few days because the Congress that established it will no longer exist. It doesn't matter if it's a "good idea" or not and it has absolutely no bearing on whether the allegations are true or not.

Are you really so ignorant of the way the government works that you don't know this?

So you admit they only subpoenaed him for optics?

Or are they so incompetent that they didn't realize they had no time? We all knew it.

Either way, what a sh#tshow...

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

*pats Peeple on the head*

I bet you still believe in Santa Claus too eh?

Edit - Wow I knew the Dems were very good at lying but who knew they could fill 800 pages with that many lies?
edit on 29-12-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2022 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Wanna bet?

I mean you guys are incredible! you know they want to bring him down. How can you simultaneously maintain a Committee which only had the purpose of evaluating if it is doable with the final report as it is, with the strong recommendation to legally pursue him, would be the end of this story?

Thanks for the laugh, but you can't be serious, right?
Denial much, or what is this?
Head so far up where the sun doesn't shine?
OMG guys...

edit on 29-12-2022 by Peeple because: add

<<   2  3 >>

join