It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Used ‘Reverse Spying’ Attempting to Shut Down Investigation into Russia Collusion Hoax

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Brassmonkey

But who is the oversight committee for GS13-15? I assume there's some manner of executive department who liaisons between actual congress appointees and the mid tier desk jockeys?

Great question. SES are appointed by the President and they oversee the agencies. Congress has already delegated all authority to these agencies 40 years ago.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here is a good example. Congress gave away the constitutional authority to wage war to the President in the war powers act of 1973 I believe. So the president can bomb anyone he wants without going to congress for 30 days. The president can also wage war anytime he wants
Because of The Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF) (Pub.L. 107–40 (text) (PDF), 115 Stat. 224) is a joint resolution of the United States Congress which became law on September 18, 2001, authorizing the use of the United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the September 11 attacks.

This (AUMF) has been extended thru bush, Obama, trump and Biden for over 20 years and is now used for any reason. The president can attack anyone he wants as long as they say “They” are terrorists.

These are examples of congress and how they really have no power anymore
edit on 27-12-2022 by Brassmonkey because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

The Department of Justice should just change their damned name to The Ministry of Truth and Punishment.

2 cents

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey

originally posted by: Maxmars

I don't know about their true ideological bent, I suspect that whatever it may be - it is just an excuse to be abusive.

Great analysis of the media. Having worked in the DC area my whole life and lived in Arlington, VA years I can attest that nothing will change in the government until the people or congress gets rid of what I call the “The administrative state “ or the 5th column of government. I worked with over 40 government agencies under OPM oversight for 7 years and it’s the GS-14,GS-15 SES(Senior executive service) who REALLY runs the government. Presidents and congressman can come and go but these people are LIFERS. They bend ideologically towards the left and congress has delegated all authority to these people. It is now more lucrative to work for the federal government then the private sector. Your average GS13-GS-15 now makes 160k a year. SES level political appointees makes $250k and above.

These are the people that make the regulations, policies and rules. Congress has acquiesced all power to them.
They are the hidden government and can’t be fired or voted out.

There are a bit over 1.8 million federal employees overseeing spending equal to approximately 25% of the GDP. That covers everything from nuclear submarines, to FAA control towers, forest rangers, fish and wildlife agents, border patrol, farm services, NASA, all the military branches, the weather service, federal prisons, Bureau of Land Management, Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Veterans Administration, National Laboratories, etc., etc, etc., etc.

Do you seriously think that should all be managed directly on a daily basis by the 535 Senators and Representatives who can't agree on the time of day? It's not physically possible. Any government of a large, modern nation has to operate by delegation of authority from the elected officials.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"Reverse spying", that wording is strange.

If a spy is someone in another country that is working for the U.S. to gather and send us secret information about that country, then does that mean a reverse spy is someone in our country sending our non-secrets to another country? Is it something like a double agent?

If I hurt my brain trying to make sense of that terminology, I might boil it down to our people creating false evidence to use as propaganda.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Devin Nunes and Adam Schiff were both on the same House Intelligence Committee. Nunes was the Chairman.

The committee would receive an intelligence briefing.

Adam Schiff would emerge and describe how evidence was presented that proved President Trump was aiding Russia...possibly as an agent, directed by Vladimir Putin himself.

We now know Schiff was telling straight up lies, whenever he went to the microphones to describe how the committee was just told Trump is guilty of treason.

WE NOW ALSO KNOW THAT DEVIN NUNES DID NOT CONFRONT SCHIFF AT THE MICROPHONES to say, "Adam, you're a lying bastard. Nothing was presented in our briefing that demonstrates President Trump is guilty of anything...you azzhole!"

What I want to know, and have asked Mr. Nunes directly about over at TruthSocial.com, is WHY. WHY did Devin Nunes let Adam Schiff state multiple times, over multiple years, that proof of Donald Trump's guilt was constantly being presented to the House Intelligence Committee?

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brassmonkey

originally posted by: TzarChasm

But who is the oversight committee for GS13-15? I assume there's some manner of executive department who liaisons between actual congress appointees and the mid tier desk jockeys?

Great question. SES are appointed by the President and they oversee the agencies. Congress has already delegated all authority to these agencies 40 years ago.

Obama greatly expanded the SES before leaving, assuring a spanner in the works if DJT tried certain things, as they are without oversight. Even if they were, the paperwork would be impossible to manage to get to the place where folks find they cannot be fired. Something like 9000 or so IIRC. A relic of Carter's attempt to do good, backfiring.

Funny how people think, seriously, that bureaucracy can be defeated by more bureaucracy and there must be some bureaucracy that oversees the bureaucracy to make sure the bureaucracy is not just a bureaucracy.

Only folks who have no experience with the bureaucracy think this, or those who actually reside within the bureaucracy.

posted on Dec, 27 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
If Devin Nunes lips are moving, then you're hearing a lies.

“It’s all common knowledge now that the FBI, DOJ, the Democrat National Party, they were all in cahoots together

No, actually, it's not; though, it is a common accusation. Let me know when he provides proof; most likely in the year two thousand and never.

You dont just actually doubt it, you for reals dismiss it all outright. That much you just cant wont even believe it.

Best part is when the data comes out all with your position just wont be found commenting on the stories. Avoid it move on like it never happened. As long as you dont go on record acknowledging it, hey it never happened right just keep on chirping in on the low hanging fruits and dodging the hardballs.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:35 AM
link   

The well established term(s) here is Spying, unless they were being spied on and spied back then thats called Counter-Spying.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: godsovein

Or counterintelligence? The very fact they did that is a huge overstep of their "mission." Not like anybody cares unfortunately. Feds gone wild!

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yeah I'd say so too
a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think there are several things about this tale which deserve examination

Devin Nunes could lose in latest California redistricting maps

But that would also make Nunes’ district very blue.

DOJ snooped on Nunes staffer Kash Patel

One of the subpoenaed staffers, former Intelligence Committee senior counsel Kash Patel

He said he had worked extensively on investigating the FBI's Russia collusion conduct, including drafting the committee's report criticizing the FBI, and fighting with DOJ to gain access to the records.

Nunes said the subpoenas gave the DOJ and FBI unprecedented potential to learn in real-time what his investigation was learning about misconduct

The Plot Against the President

edit on 28-12-2022 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

I wish could believe that this information (along with a lot of other information) could prove useful in the analysis of this alleged hoax/conspiracy. But I recall the behavior of the editorial policy decision makers throughout the ordeal, the willfully partisan were their foot soldiers. They foisted misdirection as well as suppressed anything that delegitimized their conduct, and the public sentiment fell under the intoxicating effect of social media and engineering. Bernays would be proud.

As a result, your post might simply elicit the litany of counter arguments which were used then. They will be tired and false (as opposed to tried and true) but they will still have the momentum or inertia of urban legend (like people who believe in UFOs are crazy, Democrats are all Marxists, all Republicans are racists, etc.)

We will likely have to interrupt any analysis to deal with that chafe. I know - when this was happening - the memes that were thrown at anyone willing to entertain the idea of malfeasance at the 'official' level. If we could collect them all, we might discern something about how such a campaign was coordinated... but that's a completely different exercise.

Essentially what we are being shown is that all the signs were there that this was a public relations game being played...

What surprising to me (Oh how naive I was) was the scope and breadth of conspiratorial cooperation it took to carry out this 'war' on a transient political opponent. Too many people had to know (sort of how I feel about Hollywood's Weinstein affair.) Officials conducted themselves with crass and shameless disregard for the mandates of their office. They donned their unstainable personas, and proceeded to basely lie, gleefully jubilant and zealously dedicated to harm the President of their nation. Pretending it was for politics and not crime. They found desperately willing moguls in industry and media who joined in every way they could imagine. What's up with that?

Conspiracy theorists might point to globalists and their desperate agenda to exploit the world. But that might lead us to wrongly deduce that Trump was standing against them; when it could also be he simply represented 'competition' of some kind.

Analyzing this with an eye towards ideologies seems like a bad idea, like trying to read in a darkened fog.

I think this is about people, egos, vainglorious lust for "standing" and power, and spite... I have begun to see that there is a lot of spite in the duopoly of American politics... which leads me to suspect that if we as citizen really want to fix this problem, BOTH parties should be completely disbanded and permanently abolished. Something which the uber wealthy corporate citizenry would resist as if their very lives depended on it.

Let me not forget to thank you for sharing this. We could write a book... one not dedicated to perpetuating failed narratives or to be fuel for ignorant political theater... too bad no one would publish it.

edit on 12/28/2022 by Maxmars because: grammar

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Which can only mean one of two things, everyone does it, and it's no big deal, or there is a valid argument to be made that our entire leadership is corrupt to the point of needing replaced by force.

The left (Democrats and media allies) will circle the wagons and protect other Democrats. The Republicans are too cowed by the media ('Evil Racists!') to push back.

maybe think of this as a counter-investigation.

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join