It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seminar on the biomarkers of post-acute sequelae SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Here is the transcript of a seminar that lasted an hour and a half during which researchers discussed long covid and I put some of the highlights below.

RECOVER RESEARCH REVIEW SEMINAR
UNDERSTANDING THE BIOMARKERS OF PASC
November 8, 2022
12:00 – 1:30 PM
EDT
Page 1 of 23
Transcript

Dr. Walt has created a method for finding proteins, molecules, cytokines, etc. that is many, many times more sensitive. He discovered indirect evidence in his early long covid study that suggested an actively replicating virus was still present in many long covid patients but not in those who had fully recovered. His most recent research still hasn't discovered direct evidence of an active viral infection in long covid individuals.

Dr. Abdel-Mohsen discovered proof that the following conditions existed: leaky gut; gut bacteria entering the bloodstream; inflammation; and, most significantly, it appeared to be interfering with metabolism. It appeared that the virus had disrupted the gut's metabolism of tryptophan, resulting in a variety of metabolites that can cause glutamate to be produced by the NMDA receptor in the brain, which can cause neuroinflammation.

In cell cultures, simply adding plasma from long-term COVID patients was sufficient to elicit inflammation, which was likely brought on by the presence of bacteria.

There were more symptoms and gut bacteria in the blood of those with significant neurological issues.

Investigations are being performed on a number of different biomarkers, including inflammation, autoantibodies, coagulation, cortisol, microbial biomarkers in the gut, and other research findings, that can chart the severity of the illness.

edit on 25 12 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I think we can get some good studies from children that have had the china virus. I'm saying that due to the fact, children are less likely to be on and form of medication.

It's my firm belief that those patients on ( www.fda.gov... ) does have an effect on the human mind which controls our natural balance of health.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Some kids may not get any drugs, but many do. Not just prescriptions drugs from doctors, but over-the-counter stuff and natural stuff. Sometimes their parents will even give their kids questionable stuff as a cure for something. 

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I think you would be surprised at the number of children being medicated today.

Parenting is being replaced with medication. ADD, PTSD, Anxiety disorder, Depression, Gender Dysphoria, the list is so long it is unbelievable. Over 80% of the young people I see are medicated, usually started around 7 to 9 years of age.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Parenting is being replaced with medication. ADD, PTSD, Anxiety disorder, Depression, Gender Dysphoria, the list is so long it is unbelievable. Over 80% of the young people I see are medicated, usually started around 7 to 9 years of age.

wow
I've been out of the country for 3 decades. It must be a shock for me when i choose to return. I am very saden by your post.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Well, I guess that explains the digestive distress that comes with covid and also long covid.

The first symptoms that the only person I know well with long covid had was digestive distress. to the point we thought it was bad food or contaminated water.

So, what causes the gut issues: the spike protein or....?

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

wow
I've been out of the country for 3 decades. It must be a shock for me when i choose to return. I am very saden by your post.

It's nothing new really. It was going on when you were a kid, too. I know a guy who grew up in the 50s/60s whose mother gave him a spoonful of vicks vapor rub to eat whenever he had a cold or the flu. He had to have surgery to fix his esophagus as an adult. I suspect it's related.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I think that this all starts with the gut microflora already being out of balance before the covid infection, but I also don't think that any part of the virus or stage of infection can be completely ruled out at this point. The spike protein is at least playing a major role by allowing the virus to infect. Most of the focus is on the gut microbiome, but the lungs have their own microbiome. Infections are also changing the bacteria in the lungs. It's at least possible that having an unhealthy gut to begin with allows the changes in the lungs to be the catalyst for the changes in the gut that bring on more severe cases of covid and long covid. There are still more questions than answers.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

I've also heard of the spike protein, or perhaps the virus itself, also takes up residence in various organs, ie the spleen and fall bladder, and disrupting the digestive or other systems further.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The Twitter Covid Files are dropping right now.

I don't know how to capture all of the tweets to post a thread from my phone.

So if anyone would like to run with it, here's the link:

twitter.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

It doesn't seem like there is a part of the body that the virus isn't potentially able to directly or indirectly affect. 

Some health issues associated with long covid are from the physical damage caused by the infection. For many people, those symptoms have improved over time. For others, the illness persists and does not seem to be getting any better. Many of those likely have the autoimmune disorder being associated with a covid infection, but I can't say for certain because many labs are not yet set up to test specifically for long covid autoantibodies.

What I've seen help the most is focusing on treating the presenting symptoms and overall health through diet and exercising as tolerated. I've seen people get worse by going to physical therapy where they were pushed to do too much.

new topics

top topics

join