It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to 100, don’t put me at risk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I try to stay within a few miles per hour of the speed limit unless the car has a problem or of course weather conditions or road conditions are bad. I do sixty two in a fifty five mph zone often, sixty two is about a hundred KPH I think.

If there are deer all over the sides of the road, you have to go slower, they like jumping in front of your car to get back at us for shooting their friends and relatives during Deer hunting season. Lots of deer get hit around here because people do not pay attention to what is going on. The price of comp on the insurance has been jumping up because of ignorant drivers.

When you get older, you have seen lots of accidents and that makes you more cautious. People are preoccupied with cell phones and technology in cars and they do not pay attention. My wife complains I am too cautious and I should go immediately when the light turns green, I observe things well and cars run red lights, and semis go through roundabouts a lot. I have avoided many accidents in the last five years driving, people these days do not pay attention and they push the yellow lights and actually speed up if the light turns yellow. Prices of insurances on cars keeps going up to cover all the accidents. It does not matter who is at fault if you are dead or crippled for life from an auto accident, the guy who rearended me at the stop light was one hundred percent at fault but I have had epilepsy ever since, disabled social security does not pay nearly as much as I was getting being a licensed builder. Heck, I don't even make as much as I paid my new inexperienced workers a year.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Though the car is at least 100 metres ahead of me entering into a 100 kilometre zone. They are not even making an effort just dawdling.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I am pretty disciplined, as j am entering a freeway, the law is all trucks must use the left lane on highways.

I am weary of this, and aim to enter a gap where I have pkenty of room to merge, as well as avoid cutting off a truck if I am not at speed, the consequences of this could be the truck jackknifes, or he takes evasive action and tips or crashes.

That’s why I at least get to speed to match the traffic already at 100.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

Entry lanes to most highways are single entry.

The ramp has a speed limit sign of 100.

So I am accelerating to 100 though the car which is about to merge is doing 80 k an hour.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Though the car is at least 100 metres ahead of me entering into a 100 kilometre zone. They are not even making an effort just dawdling.

Dude then you have 100m to avoid the m-fer.

posted on Dec, 26 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Any time there is danger to life or property a vehicle is obligated to mitigate or avoid the danger. Most professional Truckies (I’m an MR licence holder) will slow right down or change lanes and merge back, the m5 is any lane except the right all the way from Alexandria to Canberra.

a reply to: robsmith

top topics

<< 1   >>

join