It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to 100, don’t put me at risk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I do a bit of freeway driving. Lately I’ve been put at risk of death by idiots ahead of me on the entry ramp doing maximum of 89 kilometres an hour.

Freeway speed is 100 kilometres an hour.

I had one idiot who was entering the freeway ahead of me at 70.

I flashed by lights, the idiot hard brakes. Luckily there was a way around him. Then the wanker speeds up and tail gates me.

I got rid of them, though realty are you so scared to go over 80, you should have your privilege to drive removed.

Are people becoming really stupid.

At least match the highway traffic speed when entering.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Agree

a reply to: robsmith

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Are people becoming stupid... Yes

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It's a speed limit not a speed target. Chill .

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

I am chill, though I don’t want to be rear ended by a car truck doing 100.

I have heard people can be fined for going less than the limit.

Though if you want to go slow consider ithers

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

No, it's called merging into traffic. You don't get to pick your speed if it is very much off what others are going. I knew a guy that got several tickets for going too slow.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Agreed if you can’t merge at speed then you should not even have a licence.

It’s too dangerous to others behind you.

How many dash cam videos are on you tube of slow drivers that then cause frustration, and some one tries to get past and is cleaned up by a car in another lane that is at speed.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

No, they were born that way and stayed that way.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Though, I have come across young people who have zero common sense.

The health and safety guy at work is 25.

The air conditioning unit, sounded like it had a ceased motor bearing. It was squealing, with a high frequency noise.

I said that it’s unsafe and chances are it could burn out, and the noise was an healthand safety issue.

He said it would be o.k. We Han to endure the noise for three days when the big boss shut the unit down.

It was a dry bearing.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Or they think they are special. Often I would be driving and on a main road, some idiot would be stationary, then speed out of a side street, and hold their hot st me like I had to give way to them.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

No, they were born that way and stayed that way.

Pres Biadian seems to fit that profile

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hey Rob. Some vehicles take longer to get up to speed then you would think, cars and drivers in various states of condition and repair.

You should probably practice your disciplined driving techniques and maintain a safe buffer distance and presume that everyone sharing the road with you is impaired in some way, shape or form lol.

It’s safe to assume Everyone on the road is a d1ckhead and the biggest d1ckhead on the road is .... u?

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

edit on 25-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: didn't mean to post it..merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Add to that people freaked out by the holidays and taking chances on streets choked with traffic. Cra-cra.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It's not so much that people are becoming stupid. Many have always been stupid. It's that society has spent decades protecting the stupid from their stupidity, circumventing the process of natural selection and allowing the idiots to reproduce.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Don't get emotional about it. Stupid drivers are as much a part of nature as mosquitoes and hurricanes, annoying as hell and potentially fatal, but it's not personal.

Always assume that drivers around you will do something stupid. If you're wrong, no harm, no foul. If you're right, you'll be mentally prepared to save you own life. You don't gain anything by being angry at a near miss, better to be grateful it wasn't worse.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
It's a speed limit not a speed target. Chill .

Err, kind of.

That said, agree on the chillin.

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I have to ask. What are you doing in the slow lane with meging traffic and traveling that much faster than merging traffic?

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I had to drive to Flemington the other day.... Holy sh#t... It was like an episode of Aussie Dash Cams... Including a B-double doing a last minute exit from the far right lane...
Last time I go to that side of the city for a while!

Be safe out there because there's a million lunatics like this:

posted on Dec, 25 2022 @ 09:29 PM
link   
and for all you Americans, the opening scene has a Kangaroo being chased down a busy street, just how you lot imagine us! lol

originally posted by: homerJ

I had to drive to Flemington the other day.... Holy sh#t... It was like an episode of Aussie Dash Cams... Including a B-double doing a last minute exit from the far right lane...
Last time I go to that side of the city for a while!

Be safe out there because there's a million lunatics like this:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join