It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Golden Path

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I think I have mentioned before that sometimes I come across a work in my folio that I had forgotten about. This is one.
This work features a three dimensional labyrinth built into the outer wall of a cylinder. Starting at the center of the 12 clock vertical arm it runs up the right side of the arm and empties into the diagonal labyrinth and across to the 3 clock arm which then runs back down to the center and repeats going back up the right side of the 3 clock arm.

Maybe the hardest thing for me on this piece was the ''stitching'' or woven fabric-like lines within the large circle. I kept getting lost on which thread was supposed to go over and which under as I did it.

If any are interested, the resolution on this piece is 300 PSI and formatted in a jpeg file allowing for it to be downloaded and used as a screen saver.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Your art work is great 👍

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Thank you Music

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Maybe the hardest thing for me on this piece was the ''stitching'' or woven fabric-like lines within the large circle. I kept getting lost on which thread was supposed to go over and which under as I did it.

I can see why, it's very intricate. I can imagine it as big ceiling panels in one of the grand columed historic hotel lobbies. Similarly intricate gold molding and a shiny bronze lighting fixture would make make at home in one of those buildings. Anybody that fails to look up in old New England buildings misses out of some of the best parts of the architectural detail.

It comes alive when I scroll the page too.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That’s very clever, do you do optical illusions? There’s something reminiscent of a toroidal shape but expressed in a symbolic way.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You see it well K, and I agree. I marvel when I walk into a grand building, a rotunda like in a state capital and look straight up. Architecture is such a noble art. Old structures like cathedrals especially. A lot of planning went into those not only for the design but for the construction as well. Great stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

This hobby began by drawing simple mazes for my kids years ago and then placing them inside of geometrical patterns. It later evolved into meditation art . I have done optical illusions but only within the mandala/labyrinth style I have developed.

You can see here how the center web may fluctuate depending upon how the viewer is viewing it. Some like this, when focused upon intently can allow the viewer an opportunity to move the center spot or ''bindu'' from side to side or to even spin it around a bit.

And yes, it's all symbolic. With geometry it always does. Both pictures in this thread are on a base 4 while others I have posted here( see my profile for other threads) are based on 8 or 12 and I"m sure you know the symbolism of those. And the labyrinth of course.

For me, the symbolism goes also into physics. The symmetry of existence and as the physicists and mathematicians like to say '' the beauty of an equation or theory''.

top topics

join