It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon gov’t student health survey asks 11-year-olds if they are trans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Yes ... I recall the awesomeness that was my school when I was being bullied.

"Why do you think the other kids don't like you?"

Umm, excuse me? They don't like me and pick on me and it makes me miserable, but thanks for insinuating that it's my fault. See if I ever tell you anything, counselor.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I wouldn't have eaten the crap they called breakfast, either. I preferred being hungry.

For other children that will be the only meal they get that day.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yes ... I recall the awesomeness that was my school when I was being bullied.

Umm, excuse me? They don't like me and pick on me and it makes me miserable, but thanks for insinuating that it's my fault. See if I ever tell you anything, counselor.

Fair question, why didn't the other kids like you? That question requires you to be honest with yourself.
edit on q000000461231America/Chicago5454America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
wow, ATS crew out here just getting more and more disingenuous hey?
an optional survey of wide ranging, health related questions, one of which asks about gender and gives both cis and trans options that respondents choose from or do not choose if they don't want to is somehow proof of the evil tyrannical lfbt brainwashing alien cabal.

Really laying your cards bare there, aren't you? Letting trans people exist even as a box one can tick of their own volition is a bridge too far? I'd be like "just admit you want trans people not to exist at all" except the vast majority of users here are very candid about that even if they think they're being clever.

oH nO mY cHiLd'S kInDeRgArTeN iNtAkE fOrM aSkS tHeIr GeNdEr ThE iLlUmInAtI aRe TrYiNg To GrOoM mY kIdS
get out of here, this is pathetic even for ATS

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
And depending on the results of that gender identity question the school will know whether or not to look out for "brutal" bullying.

Different Sexual Orientation
More often than not, kids are bullied for being gay. In fact, some of the most brutal bullying incidents have involved children who are bullied for their sexual orientation. If left unchecked, prejudicial bullying can result in serious hate crimes. As a result, it is essential that lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students be given a solid support network in order to keep them safe.

www.verywellfamily.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

your taking offence at this really DOES say a lot about you. Children get picked on for things like socioeconomic status, race, weight, sexuality, disability, hundreds of things, and a counsellor knowing what you're picked on for can help develop ways to both help you, and in some cases, educate the children picking on you - children being taught about different cultural practices can help with schoolyard racism, for example.
But no, this is somehow a slight against you worth carrying x years into the future and using as some sort of "i was treated badly so other kids should be too" bludgeon against anything in the world being nicer for anyone.

I'm not saying your particular counsellor wasn't horrible, by the way - i've met my share of horrific counsellors in my time! But as a functional adult you really should have the baseline of empathy and/or critical thinking skills required to recognise how these services and questions like this are intended as a helpful diagnostic device.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
wow, ATS crew out here just getting more and more disingenuous hey?
an optional survey of wide ranging, health related questions, one of which asks about gender and gives both cis and trans options that respondents choose from or do not choose if they don't want to is somehow proof of the evil tyrannical lfbt brainwashing alien cabal.

Really laying your cards bare there, aren't you? Letting trans people exist even as a box one can tick of their own volition is a bridge too far? I'd be like "just admit you want trans people not to exist at all" except the vast majority of users here are very candid about that even if they think they're being clever.

oH nO mY cHiLd'S kInDeRgArTeN iNtAkE fOrM aSkS tHeIr GeNdEr ThE iLlUmInAtI aRe TrYiNg To GrOoM mY kIdS
get out of here, this is pathetic even for ATS

Go back and read the article...not just the headline!

The survey asks a bit more than that...like sexual orientation...

The survey asks students to choose as many sexual orientation options as necessary including, lesbian or gay, straight, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, aromantic or queer. Students could also write in their sexual orientation or say they are unsure of their sexual orientation.

Think a 6th grade child should be able to answer that?

If you think so then you're part of the problem!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Knowing one's sexual orientation — whether straight or gay — is often something that kids or teens recognize with little doubt from a very young age. Some gay teens say they had same-sex crushes in childhood, just as their heterosexual peers had opposite-sex crushes.

By middle school, as they enter adolescence, many gay teens already recognize their sexual orientation, whether or not they have revealed it to anyone else. Those who didn't realize they were gay at first often say that they always felt different from their peers, but didn't exactly know why.

kidshealth.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

oh no!!!!!! another completely optional question that no one has to answer!!!!!!! you're right, what was i thinking, the entire world is doomed!!!!! our society cannot possibly withstand children being able to answer questions if they want to!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   

There are cases of nine year old girls getting pregnant and forced to carry to term.

You'd be surprised what goes on out there outside of your particular social sphere.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

There are cases of nine year old girls getting pregnant and forced to carry to term.

You'd be surprised what goes on out there outside of your particular social sphere.

"Surprised"...you mean disgusted...ya I would be disgusted I'm sure!

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

oh no!!!!!! another completely optional question that no one has to answer!!!!!!! you're right, what was i thinking, the entire world is doomed!!!!! our society cannot possibly withstand children being able to answer questions if they want to!!!!!

We agree there...the entire world is doomed!

If you're advocating that not answering is an option...then I'm advocating that not asking is an option too!

posted on Dec, 22 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

When one is in 3rd grade?

I didn't have the slightest idea why I went from having a group of friends and being well liked to being the one kid everyone picked on. I didn't have any of my friends in that class for one thing.

But it is not a fair question to ask a kid who already feels like she shouldn't have been born because no one else seems to think she's worth anything either.

As I said, it was the last time I trusted any adult connected with the school, and if it had been you, I wouldn't have told you anything either after getting that question. Your job is to help me, not accuse me.
edit on 22-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 11:51 PM
link   
In some ways, we should be grateful that children are asked at as young an age as possible. Gender re-assignment treatment is more effective the younger the candidate is. Also bolsters mental health. As transgender members of our forum may know, skeletons in the closet does not help with mental wellbeing. I applaud this initiative.

posted on Feb, 2 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Thank you for tread!

(post by racit82289 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join