It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Neuro-COVID and autoimmune issues, etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: tanstaafl
I tried a pretty much carnivore diet for my epilepsy, but there were some undesirable metabolic side effects with it for me, same with the full Keto diet. I think that I would have those side effects too if I tried to do it for autoimmune issues.

I would love it if I could eat a carnivore diet, but even though I have some Inuit genetics in me, I do not have enough to eat that kind of diet on a regular basis. Especially now that I am older, seems like my enzymes keep reducing since I got over sixty.

I would love to hear more details on what specific metabolic side effects/problems you were having, because, Inuit genetics or not, all humans are genetically and evolutionarily obligate hyper-carnivores.

That said, there are lots of problems people can bump into when switching (especially if you go 100% cold turkey), how many and how bad depends on many factors, like how poor your diet was and for how long, what kind of damage was done and to which organs/systems, genetic predispositions and your current epigenetics.

My first question is, were you working with anyone with lots of experience in carnivore, especially with regard to issues you can have? You would be surprised just how doing one or two very simple things - often temporary, sometimes more long term - can totally eliminate potentially serious symptoms you can experience when switching.

The reality is, epilepsy and associated issues are some of the very serious conditions that respond extraordi8narily well to carnivore.

posted on Feb, 16 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Both with the carnivore and the keto, my poop got real thick and sticky and blocked me up pretty regularly.

We are more omnivores. Even cats which are true carnivores eat plants, we had outdoor cats and since I was not able to work I watched them a lot and talked to them when working around the yard and in the garden. Both cats did go after animals a lot, mice, birds, small rabbits and they even got a partridge one time. The male loved to eat flying squirrels.

What I noticed about these cats, and after paying attention, I observed it in other cats outside....is that they did eat plants regularly. Especially the heads of the rye and barley grass when it started turning to seed. They also ate other plants, but I paid more attention to the grasses because they ate them every day when outside. They also would lick the litchen on trees and some kinds of mold that grew on our house which I did research and found it had medical properties for some conditions.

We had some catnip outside which they also ate, but they also ate some onion greens occasionally. I could not see what they were munching on in the yard sometimes, it could have been any one of many weeds that grow in and around the yard. I went to look but could not tell if they were munching on dandelions, yarrow, grass, or plantain....they did this after I mowed, it is not like I could see what clippings they chose...it could have also been the rye grass clippings they were eating, but I did see a piece of leaf of something in her mouth one time.

To make the enzymes to process meat, all life needs molybdenum cofactors and also other minerals. Grains and seeds are a good source of molybdenum to supply what they need. Cats go after the liver and heart, I examined the remains of the mice and other animals they gutted...those organ meats are high in molybdenum and also the necessary elastin binding proteins are found in heart muscles...that protein is assembled by specific bacteria like e-coli and stapholococcus auroris. The cats we have had seemed to like our grass fed organic beef yet pretty much shunned the store bought beef scraps. I grind the heart for the cats, it is high in the elastin binding protein...cats also like natural casing weiners better than the skinless kind I have found. What makes meat tougher is the elastin binding protein it contains...It's bonds are broken down but still viable and bioavailable if naturally aged to help strengthen cartilage and skin and heart muscle from what I read, but if the cows do not have this...fed antibiotics regularly...the meat is more tender because antibiotics kill the microbes that form the protein.

Too much elastin can be problematic though, it causes too tough of a heart muscle and can cause problems if overconsumed and taken up. So I am thinking that maybe us eating full carnivore can have some side effects, especially if it is wild game.

There is a real lot of things to consider, but I tend to notice the thick sticky poop causing me problems which limits my consumption. Meat is easily digested by humans, but there is no bulk in it formed by the fiber of plants. So that causes the poop to get sticky and greasy like for me. I like some potatoes and carrots with my beef...and carrots or certain green veggies. I know a lot about the properties of food, so I can adjust our menu to make up for some deficiencies that cause problems with thinking and health. We plan our menu out for the next week, we have a calendar of the foods we have eaten everyday so we can identify and plan our diversity of diet to keep things in rotation. The wife is into keeping track of the foods on the calendar for variety planning, she can tell me what day of the month or last month that we had pork chops or meatloaf. She can tell what kind of eggs or egg dishes we had last week, or five weeks ago. We often look at it to identify foods that give us problems or unclarity of mind. She is seventy one and even though we are heavy, we both can get up easily, we have energy to do whatever we want to do within reason....I have a bad back so I do have limitations plus the epilepsy risk does limit some things. Our medication bills for the year are less than a hundred bucks for both of us unless one of us needs antibiotics for an infection. The copay is higher than the cost of the meds on one of her meds, it is five sixty for three months to pay for the one med, the other is ten bucks for three months with the copay. I use diet and some supplements to control my seizures....in that hundred bucks is like thirty bucks for a one a day cheap taurine pill...less than three bucks a month. The rest of the supplements I take are not medically necessary to treat a condition, they just help me stay healthy.

It takes many years of research to analyze all of the properties of food chemistry and how it varies depending on environmental factors. I am OCD, I have been that way all my life, I like to know how things work...with everything, including all variables.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join