It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highmark Statium in Buffalo isnt shoveled as of 10:45am for Bills vs Miami Dolphins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So just what the hell is going on here as to where are the plows and shovels in the stands at the stadium. Possibly the Governor will send in the National Guard helicopters to blow the snow from the seats. Hey, don't laugh. So does the NFL want Miami "in"? Just like earlier this year when Miami sat under their stadium roof which was 30 degrees cooler on the field other than Buffalo in direct Miami sun. Advantage Dolphins. Then Miami shut off their misters so the Bills had to follow suit. We have been playing there for decades but this is the 1st I ever heard they shut the misters off. So why now? Is it because they have an owner that cheats and was fined by the league and so does his coach? I hate that worm coach and want his team to play in hell, in Buffalo, New York.

I was born and grew up in Buffalo, New York. Correct it snows. Sort of like the Summer Olympics in Moscow. I also am hearing rumors from my family that something is amiss here and that the NFL may postpone to Sunday. Why? To save lives? The current Interstate is black tar dry highway.

Since I cant post pics here I will provide the twitter links as published by Sports Illustrated and others. I also see the Bills snow removal crews have been piling some snow behind the Dolphins bench on the field. Excellent mess with them! Mahi Mahi on ice

Bills’ Highmark Stadium Sees Significant Snowfall Before Dolphins Game

Then we have this opinion from a Sports Writer. He does have a point

If this latest forecast is accurate , the Bills-Dolphins game should be pushed to Sunday night

Sal Maiorana @salmaiorana If this latest forecast is accurate , the Bills-Dolphins game should be pushed to Sunday night. It's beyond stupid to me for 70,000 people to be trying to get to and from the stadium in a raging storm, then dealing with shoveling their cars out in the lots after the game ends.

FOOTBALL WEATHER!!

Typically when it snows like this we typically have a few beers or spirits and get plastered, chill and watch TV. Same as what the Southerners do on those 95 degree days from July through August. I have lived in Both regions as the natives down here in Georgia and South Carolina disappear on those hot days. Just like a nuke was detonated. Believe me its a fact. Just no one ever talks about it.

I say play the game tonight.

Hating the Miami Dolphins is a birthright if you ever were born in Western New York as many think were like New York City which is 300+ miles away. Were not them.

edit on 17-12-2022 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I love watching football games where the weather plays a part, with this being a nationally televised game Id imagine they will give it every attempt to be played tonight.

that said here's to no injuries and the Bills finally erasing the 0-4 Super Bowl record of the Marv Levy, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, and the Cornelius "Biscuit" Bennett-led Bills

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Hating the other team is the norm.

I don't envy you living in Buffalo. Winter is depressing enough without all the snow.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Perhaps the NFL is experimenting with "shovel out your own seat" again?

(No proof behind this and really hope not. If the NFL wants me to work in their stadium they better pay me for it!)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They still have several serious issues. Von Miler is done for the season with a torn ACL and pro bowl Safety Micah Hyde is also done for the year. I hope they can get there.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I don't envy you living in Buffalo.

I now live in South Carolina outside of Columbia. I told my wife that I had more time for me living up there than here in the South. When it gets that hot even in the shade your whacked as in shut down. No, no one ever gets used to the heat as per many native born southerners.

Now that's inland. Owning oceanfront is another ball game but were not in that level of home ownership

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

They still have several serious issues. Von Miler is done for the season with a torn ACL and pro bowl Safety Micah Hyde is also done for the year. I hope they can get there.

I'm a Falcons fan by birth but have liked the Bills for a long time since the '70s really.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

You can always put on more layers...you can only take off so much...humidity is also the devil!

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yes, hell is hot and rechargeable lithium battery warmed socks are kick ass

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 01:35 PM
link   
First World Problem. Snow in Buffalo? Who would have thought? Nobody in the rest of the world cares.

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Vince Lombardi is laughing and rolling over in his grave in the Frozen Tundra because of the weak NFL nowadays.
Football has been played in the snow since time began, maybe Buffalo should have built a domed stadium.
I hope the NFL doesn’t turn any more soft than they already are.

I remember this game from some years ago between the Lions and Eagles

Edit - LOL at the NFL and their copyrights
Click the link to see the games.
edit on 17-12-2022 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
maybe Buffalo should have built a domed stadium.

Careful or the NFL will give Buffalo the "We need the taxpayers to foot a new $2 billion stadium, or we'll move to California or London!".

And even then, a dome stadium in a snow region has no guarantees:

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
First World Problem. Snow in Buffalo? Who would have thought? Nobody in the rest of the world cares.

Well, what exact 3rd World problem would you like to discuss in the Above Top Secret U.S. Sports forum?

We are all ears...

posted on Dec, 20 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

NFL has many great quarterbacks today. Last years divisional game in Kansas City versus Buffalo Bills was a thriller. The Bills took so much of the Chiefs energy they were spent when Cincinnati arrived. This year who knows. All I know is that I hate Miami. Its a birthright.

It also looks like the Hoodie and his GOAT QB in Tampa may be finished. Brady almost all by himself gave the game to Cincinatti

new topics

top topics

join